Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tenant and Landlord Mod v3.2 << UPDATED: 11/05/2006 <<

by monique Posted 6th Jul 2006 at 12:14 AM - Updated 7th Nov 2006 at 11:13 AM by monique

215 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 208 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 9
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 12:18 AM
OooOooOooooooohhhhhh. I love your financial stuff - I use your hacked computer all the time. I don't know if I'd have much use for this one myself, being much more a creator than a player, but I can certainly appreciate its usefulness, and from your description, looks like it's done in a very logical way. Thanks for this!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 12:27 AM
looks interesting!
Instructor
#5 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 12:34 AM
I have a ?, when don lothario (persay) buys the lot, does he own another lot at that time? If so, what happens when he buys the other lot (70 Middle Lane)?

+this is one of the best hacks or modifications of the game i've ever seen! you are one of the best hackers (modders, w/e) i have seen to this day! i really love your work!!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 12:37 AM
It looks really really neat. I may try it out later after all the bugs and stuff are worked out. THANKS
Test Subject
#7 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 12:39 AM
Another ?..is it possible for the lanlord to live on the lot with the tenant/tenants and still be able to collect payment and do all of the other things?....By the way thank you soooooo much for this hack!!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 12:41 AM
child supposrt mor? oooh, i wonder if theres a career for 'welfare payee' or 'dole dosser' ^^
(would do wonders for my Chav 'hood..they could all leave the house for 1 hour once a week to sign on ^^)
Test Subject
#9 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 12:44 AM
Quick question, does this mod override the current bill system, or is this in addition to the bills that normally come?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 12:56 AM
OMG I love you. YOU are the BOMB lol

"It is better to die by the truth than to live by a lie."
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 1:03 AM
Now this is one for the books. Monique your talent is just so amazing. This mod is going to be fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You!!!!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 1:03 AM
this is pretty kool
Test Subject
#13 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 1:43 AM
Monique,
Ok, great mod... This is defiently for the books... Although, I do have a question. Can I be the slumlord of like 20 - 30 houses (or apartments with the apartment mod) and then have the "Townies" rent the places, or do I need to be able to create the enitre people to live their.

Thank you,
Jeff

Hate something, let me hear it...
Just point your mouse and click at:

Go Complain
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 1:47 AM
This is awesome, I love your mods : D What happens if the person you choose as the landlord doesnt have enough money to buy the lot? and will townies also show up in the list of possible landlords?
Forum Resident
#15 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 2:30 AM
This is absolutely brilliant! Thank you very much!! I think I'll try how it works. That will surely answer some questions.
hexameter
Miss Bona Fiscalia
#16 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 2:39 AM
monique, I swear, you are a genius! Thank you!

"Morning, Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain."

Test Subject
#17 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 3:28 AM
COOLEST idea EVER!!! the game definitely needed this!!! Now my sim can own the whole town...
Test Subject
#18 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 3:42 AM
My first mod - downloaded!
After reading the subject I knew I had to get it. Imagine having a sim who wants to have 5 top class businesses all at once. I wonder if this will add to the number of businesses he has; and, if this does become his 5th business, will he still attain his life time want? Or, do I need MAXIS made - original businesses for it to count?
I truly hope this will count as his 5th business though, because this mod rocks. Imagine - I don't ever use mods in my game, but this is honestly tempting. Good work! You've seduced me enough.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 3:46 AM
Great, rents !!!!!!!!! thank you.

I sorry my english, i speak spanish
Field Researcher
#20 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 4:03 AM
MWAH! MWAH! MWAH! That is the sound of me kissing your feet, Monique! THANK YOU!

Now. One teeny, tiny, itsy, bitsy little question. Can this be used to make payments to anyone for anything automatically? For instance I want to be able to pay the mayor of my sim city a set amount weekly for taxes. Can this mod be used to do that? If not, can you add that feature, please and pretty please?

I am so grateful you did this. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
Test Subject
#21 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 4:12 AM
Awesome job, a bit confused, but I think I know where you are getting at, this will be great for hotels.
Test Subject
#22 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 4:13 AM
Default Totally Awesome
I really like this you have done SUPER with this
I also know this is a dream but maybe one day it work on apartments, Renting out apartments to several sims Ok I dreaming to Big Ha ha

Love it
Forum Resident
#23 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 4:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JadeEliott
MWAH! MWAH! MWAH! That is the sound of me kissing your feet, Monique! THANK YOU!

Now. One teeny, tiny, itsy, bitsy little question. Can this be used to make payments to anyone for anything automatically? For instance I want to be able to pay the mayor of my sim city a set amount weekly for taxes. Can this mod be used to do that? If not, can you add that feature, please and pretty please?

I am so grateful you did this. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

There used to be a feature in imPE that allowed you to set their 'pay' or pension. I used it often for old sims I created in CAS. Last time I looked ofr it it was gone. I wonder what happened to it. I digress. Point is--the function is in there somewhere. and so what you ask has to be possible.
Test Subject
#24 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 5:04 AM
Is so cool, Oh my god, congratulations... But have a bug, i'm daily payment is by hour, no by day...
Field Researcher
#25 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 5:40 AM
Okay Monique, I tried it out and it is a great start. I have some suggestions as the setup was a bit confusing for me.

Could this be set up in this manner? (If it is not too much work):

1. At Owner's house (with owner sim selected), buy deed from buy mode catalogue. Click "Buy Residential Lot". A list of all residential lots (both unoccupied and occupied) pops up, the same as the one for commercial lots.

2. Buy the lot desired. A deed will show up in Owner sim's inventory and the value of the lot is deducted from Owner/Landlord's funds.

3. If lot is occupied, then Owner can set rent amount and payment schedule. When playing the tenant's lot, the amount specified is deducted on the schedule specified. If the lot is not occupied set rent anyway, then when a family moves in, they are automatically charged the rent set up. Or set up rent when the family moves in. The family is now the tenant.

4. To stop paying rent, the family either needs to buy the lot from the owner, or move out.

Regarding automatic payment for other services, perhaps that could just be added to your computer? Or on this mod if it is easier.

What I love the deed aspect of this mod and it is perfect, but what I really needed is a way to automatically pay anyone in the hood for any service, like taxes, rent, cleaning, fixing of items, whatever on an automatic basis.

:-)
Page 1 of 9