Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Diplomas go down with walls - UNI required

by Numenor Posted 9th Jul 2006 at 11:07 PM - Updated 10th Jul 2006 at 10:33 AM by Numenor : Bug fixing

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Scholar
#2 Old 9th Jul 2006 at 11:18 PM
I hope I'm not the only one who was bothered by this.
I have diplomas everywhere.

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
Scholar
#3 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 12:00 AM
Argh, I feel like such a party pooper now....
The mod does hide diplomas with walls down. But with the hack in, all my diplomas suddenly belong to the same person.
I removed all my other downloads to see if it was a conflict, but it still happened (5 diplomas all apparenly belongs to Everett (last sim to graduate if that matters)). Removing the mod also removed the problem (diplomas now belong to their correct owners).
Screenshot

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 8:30 AM
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 8:57 AM
Good idea, I havnt got any graduated sims though! I'm sure when I get one, sometime soon, I'll need it! Thanks :D

Thats mystery sim in my avatar! I brightened him up!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 10:30 AM
Default Update!
Gwillewyn is right: the first version of the diploma that came with the UNI (which is the version I've used as a base for my mod) had the problem that she points out, i.e. the diplomas are not assigned to the right person. This issue was addressed in the first patch that Maxis released for UNI; but unwillingly I bypassed that patch with my mod, thus restoring the buggy behaviour of the original diploma.

Please re-download the mod: now it should be capable of automatically take account of any changes Maxis will decide to apply on the diploma, even in future patches/EPs. The updated mod will overwrite the old one.

Gwillewyn, you seem the have the most suitable test ground for this mod: please test the new version and report any issue.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Scholar
#7 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 11:36 AM
Great, thanks.
My sims tended to keep their diplomas in inventory, just for that reason. I might let them display proudly now

Please note - I'm not taking any requests at the moment.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
Scholar
#8 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 12:16 PM
Works as it should now. All my sims own their respective diplomas.
Thank you.

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 1:19 PM
Gwillewin, thanks! I'm glad that it works now

Muse, be careful, because if the sim dies with his diploma in his inventory, the diploma is lost forever. Well... someone may object that once the sim is dead, he doesn't need his diploma any more, anyway...

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 2:13 PM
Using this in game and have had no problems at all, could something like this be made for the photo booth and the camera reward pictures (and possibly make them viewable)?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 24th Aug 2006 at 12:41 PM
This is nice, thank you!
Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 8:48 PM
Very cool!! My sims finally have something to hang for their efforts! thanks a bunch!! :D

(¯*♥..♥*¯)Have you thanked a Mod today?
NO MORE PAYSITES FOR EA/SIMS STUFF, SIGN HERE IF YOU AGREE:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/...tion/index.html
Scholar
THANKS POST
#13 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 4:53 AM Last edited by haywud : 1st Dec 2013 at 4:54 AM. Reason: typo correction
I always like putting the diploma on my wall when my Sim's graduate, but I hated that they were visible with the walls down. This makes things much nicer, thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 3:55 AM
thanks