Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Nefertiti ~ Egyptian Queen

by babydawl1880 Posted 17th Jul 2006 at 9:15 PM - Updated 18th Jul 2006 at 8:16 PM by babydawl1880 : A Link Was Kindly Found For Me

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts
Instructor
#2 Old 18th Jul 2006 at 6:32 AM
She's lovely!
"pales in comparison" - I think not
Thanks, babydawl

"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio."

- William Shakespere ~ Hamlet
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 18th Jul 2006 at 9:10 AM
Wow she is amazing! You did her perfect , thanks for sharing
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 18th Jul 2006 at 9:53 AM
Field Researcher
#5 Old 18th Jul 2006 at 10:43 AM
She´s really gorgeous! :thumb: Thank you! :howdy:

To err is human. To forgive is divine. Sometimes:)
Test Subject
#6 Old 18th Jul 2006 at 11:43 AM
wow, if nefertiti really looked like that, she must have been gorgeous.. great job. shes stunning..
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 18th Jul 2006 at 1:31 PM
Thank you very much! She's amazing! Great job! She is going to make my sim Cleopatra look like a mule! Lol.

"I cannot live without MODTHESIMS2! :D ><

Sims has never been this much fun..."
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 18th Jul 2006 at 4:21 PM
she's very beautiful!

I don't like to repeat gossip....SO LISTEN UP!!!

<a href="http://www.freewebs.com/mobsterwifenatasha/">Visit My Website</a>
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Jul 2006 at 8:04 PM
Quote:
requested udjat eye for females by Dea

Thank You very much!

Quote:
She is going to make my sim Cleopatra look like a mule! Lol.

I'm sure she'll be beautiful. ...Just try to do a more "Hollywood-ized" version of her, cuz some of the historical pictures I've seen of her... whoo

THANKS for all the comments! They mean sooo much to me! :lovestruc

Always,
Emma

PS: I'll fix that unknown necklace link now. Thanks again for the help.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 18th Jul 2006 at 11:27 PM
This is beautifil work.....i just have 1 problem.....maybe next time u can ask if u can include work in ur packages......otherwise she is stunning

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.- (Albert Einstein) " Simillion Homes 2 & Simillion Homes & Simmillion Hair InSimenator
Scholar
#11 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 12:08 AM
She is just beautiful!

Please check me out at Sims Crossing Please do not upload any of my lots,clothing, or other creations to other sites!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 12:10 AM
:blushes: Oh, I'm SO embarassed! I didn't even think to ask! I'm sooo sorry! Please fogive me and my ignorance I admire you and the work you do so much- I'm really sorry I didn't think to consult you on whether or not I could include your dress. Next time I'll try to remember and be more curteous to the amazing creators of any content I use.

I'm sorry, again, and thank you for being so kind about it.

Always,
Emma
Test Subject
#13 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 12:15 AM Last edited by harps36 : 19th Jul 2006 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Before anyone becomes upset at my comment...
You did a really great job with her!

I know what you mean by needing a new filing system! It's very difficult to track down the creator and/or the site where you downloaded a great item, to make sure they get proper credit. I wish I had a different system... but with all the great stuff I have managed to accumulate, it's too late now.

::edit:: I'd like to add...

I appreciate and am sincerely thankful to all of the wonderful creators in the sims community, who share their work.
Test Subject
#14 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 7:07 AM
Mmn, since this is North Africa, wouldn't she be non-caucasian? :P
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 7:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Liebe
Mmn, since this is North Africa, wouldn't she be non-caucasian? :P

Was just about to note the same thing...

To have her with such light skin is to do the Hollywood version of her.

--?--
Good Question.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 3:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babydawl1880
:blushes: Oh, I'm SO embarassed! I didn't even think to ask! I'm sooo sorry! Please fogive me and my ignorance I admire you and the work you do so much- I'm really sorry I didn't think to consult you on whether or not I could include your dress. Next time I'll try to remember and be more curteous to the amazing creators of any content I use.

I'm sorry, again, and thank you for being so kind about it.

Always,
Emma

lol...dont worry bout it....i think u did a great job....she is very pretty......u just need to be carefull....some ppl can be real pissy about this kind of thing......anyway keep up the great work

*Smoochies*

Chris XxX

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.- (Albert Einstein) " Simillion Homes 2 & Simillion Homes & Simmillion Hair InSimenator
Field Researcher
#17 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 4:00 PM
Wow, she is gorgeous. Great work. Thank you!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#18 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mihr
Was just about to note the same thing...
To have her with such light skin is to do the Hollywood version of her.

Actually, I had thought of that seeing as how, as you have astutely pointed out, Egypt is in northern Africa I originally wanted to make her very dark. However, the more I searched for pictures of her, the more I found that there are no reliefs or busts depicting her as having anything more than a deep, creamy tan skintone. If you'll notice, in the pictures of Nefertiti, she is surprisingly fair for someone so near Nubia. I don't know if it was a collective decision on the part of the artists to make their royalty appear lighter than they really were (perhaps they felt it made them more god-like, or maybe, as is the case with pictures of women in the late-18-early-1900's, they felt it was a compliment to depict them as paler (and, modernly, more curvaceous) than they actually were so as to appeal to the stereotype of the day), or if the Pharaohs and their families were of lighter complexion than the mass population. I honestly have no idea. In pictures of Cleopatra she's depicted as having extremely pale, milky skin and a surprisingly voluptuous body; nothing like the Hollywood versions.

If my choice of skintone has offended or upset anyone, I'm sorry. I never meant to. When/if she's in your game I encourage you to change her skin to a darker color if that makes her more accurate. I'm going to keep her the way she is now for download, partly because if I change her now I'll have to do all kinds of futzing and jiggerypokery and I really don't want to, and partly because each skintone has different shading, etc and I'll have to reconstruct her face in accord with it (which I also really don't want to do).

I thank you all for your comments and for taking an interest in historical accuracy (yes, I'm a total geek and proud of it ). Please never stop questioning and giving advice/suggestions! :lovestruc
Always,
Emma :D
Instructor
#19 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 12:24 AM
Awesome work!!!
Test Subject
#20 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 11:46 AM
she's beautyfull thanks allot!
I love Egypt and everything that has to do with it like pyramides and other stuff like those egyptian cats
Test Subject
#21 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 4:50 PM
Wow!She's so realistic!What a view! (I am french, sorry for grammatical mistakes!)
Test Subject
#22 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 8:23 PM
I thrive for Egypt.
Test Subject
#23 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 6:23 PM
like everyone else is saying thank you soo mmuch! she is beayooootiful!!!
Test Subject
#24 Old 3rd May 2011 at 8:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by babydawl1880
"In pictures of Cleopatra she's depicted as having extremely pale, milky skin and a surprisingly voluptuous body; nothing like the Hollywood versions."

Cleopatra was the last in the line of Ptolemies... The original Ptolemaic Pharaoh was a Greek man, General to Alexander the Great. He started the Ptolemaic Dynasty after the death of Alexander.... The Ptolemies were significantly paler than those they ruled.

Also, Nile Egyptians have always had Fairer skin than the desert and plain dwelling Nubians.

You did GREAT, and she's gorgeous! Don't sweat the critics!

Quote: Originally posted by Hadithi
unfortunately that looks nothing like the real nefertiti

You whould know this how? Were you there?
Test Subject
#25 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hadithi
unfortunately that looks nothing like the real nefertiti

I'm not quite sure how you would know, as the egyptians tended to be very accurate when creating busts or portraits, in the exception of Cleopatra VII. Chances are Nefertiti looked exactly, or very similar to her many busts and portraits. /End rant

On another note, this is absolutely wonderful, howver not to be nit-picky I think her eyes are slightly to wide and the inner corners should slanted slightly more downward, but these are all things anyone can fix within their own game. But she is still quite phenomenal , although just out of curiosity you wouldn't happen to know somewhere I could get the on white eye effect do you? I am aware not all of her depictions show her with her white eye, but I aesthetically appropriate for her.