Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Roboticizer, Updated 03/17/2008

by Bobcatben Posted 20th Jul 2006 at 6:35 PM - Updated 17th Mar 2008 at 4:44 PM by Bobcatben : Added Another Alternate Skin version

52 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 50 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 6:40 PM
This is actually really cool. I have no idea what use it will be in my game, but for Frankensteins and movie-makers, this is perfect! Really good job.
Sockpuppet
#3 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 7:10 PM
So robotized sims still need to eat, sleep, go to the toilet
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 7:12 PM
until someone figures out how to actually make a sim into a servo ya, this is the first hack to change a sim into a custom skin tone though.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 7:15 PM
is this compatible with christian skin selector and copy mirror?

Catarininha_94
Lab Assistant

Oh my! But I never put a download in here!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 7:17 PM
yes but depending on which file loads last one of thems effects wont last past save and reload(the skin selector and copy mirrors global mod wasnt written to take into account servos or normal times when it shouldnt clear)
Instructor
#7 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 8:01 PM
what an awesome invention lol thanks for sharing :D
Test Subject
#8 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 9:05 PM
heheh i just gotta say it since you called it "The Roboticizer..."

"Curse that Hedghog!! I shall have my revenge!!" - Dr. Ivo "blubber-butt" Robotnick, original inventor of the roboticizer, evil dictator of Robotropolis (Population: Enslaved), keeper of the spare tire, once destroyed by his own creation (E.V.E.) and resurrected by an alternate timeline of himself (robo-robotnick), and eternal mortal enemy of Sonic the Hedghog & The Freedom Fighters......... wow am i ever a sonic nerd to know all that... o.o; lol

This would be even better if it slowed/stopped motive decay and possibly removed individual autonomy from the roboticized sim and 0 influence cost to boss that sim around (not sure how much of that is even possible but if you ever feel like really going to town on this item, few ideas for ya to play with )
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 9:11 PM
its all possible, i dont know quite enough todo all of that yet, this is actually my first cloned object, before i just made global hacks
Test Subject
#10 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 12:02 AM
Heh, we are the borg, resistance is futile. I just had to say that, good job.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 12:49 AM
I wonder if something like this could be worked as a tanning salon? They go in pale and come out dark!

"Don't harsh my melon." -- Alexis Denisof
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 2:55 AM
yes but the game has no way of seeing how dark the sims normal skin is, so it cant dynamically use a darker one, so you would have to settle for the same darkness of skin no matter what they're normal one is.
Test Subject
#13 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 1:12 PM
Bwhahaha - for some reason your screenies crack me up - dunno why
Anyway, was wondering.... if your sim starts with a custom skintone, they "roboticize", then they "humanize"... will they go back to their custom skintone, or to a game default?
Good job!

[ dain bramaged ]
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 1:57 PM
This is pretty cool.I like how she is more android looking than robot. Thank you

Visit my AVON Website.Shipped direct to your door:http://www.youravon.com/kathrynsmith
Stop the Junk, save a trunk :
http://www.USJunkMail.com/overview....er=KATHRYNS0136
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 2:42 PM
yes they will go back to whatever skin they were using.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 3:43 PM
custom skins, too?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 4:26 PM
of course.
Test Subject
#18 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 10:05 PM
hiya wow this is so cool thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 22nd Jul 2006 at 12:10 AM
updated to support university as well, please re download anyway, as i fixed a bug in the global hack part.
Systemic Anomaly
#20 Old 22nd Jul 2006 at 12:21 AM
InTeenimater users should be aware that pregnant teens will no longer dress in their maternity clothing after loading a lot if installed together. If InTeen is installed in a subfolder, either mod may cease to function properly at all.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 22nd Jul 2006 at 12:23 AM
i just uploaded a patch that will make this compatible with inteen. Only the patch if you use inteen though...
Systemic Anomaly
#22 Old 22nd Jul 2006 at 12:24 AM
Cool. That was quick. Thanx.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 22nd Jul 2006 at 11:47 PM
Sweet!

Time to make al my sims robot slaves!

My Policy:
  • Don't post any stuff anywhere but this site.
  • Give me credit.
  • I don't take requests unless they are pets or pets objects/other items.
  • Enjoy!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 23rd Jul 2006 at 12:09 AM
ill work on adding other options to it, like force roboticizeing other sims, making roboticized sims lose freewill or lose selectability and junk at some point. if i knew how the voice type property worked i would make the option to give them servo voices(in ofb)
Test Subject
#25 Old 23rd Jul 2006 at 2:15 AM
You WILL be Assimilated! Perfect for a Star Trek theme!
Page 1 of 3