Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2006 at 2:43 AM
Default place stages on each other
Hi,

is it possible to place a stage (those fundations but for the interior, i have no idea how they are called in English) on another one? I'm creating a cinema, and i would like to have 3 levels (on the floor, first stage, second stage) to make it a bit realistic.

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Jul 2006 at 2:48 AM
Open for Business stages cannot be stacked. You're limited to a foundation, foundation + stage, and build cheats. MikeInside's build tutorials are some of the best/most popular for doing multiple levels.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jul 2006 at 3:05 AM
All right, but I don't want to use those dummy levels, because Sims won't be able to watch the screen then

Is it possible to place a foundation on the second floor for example, then I could place a stage on a foundation, would be great too.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th Jul 2006 at 3:16 AM
Moving to Create - Building.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 24th Jul 2006 at 12:05 PM
The foundations which can be stacked are the pole one and the lattice one. The can not be placed on the stage, but can be placed on the brick foundation. However, if dummy levels won't work for you, then probably the foundations won't do the job either.

Are you sure dummy levels won't work?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th Jul 2006 at 1:09 PM
Murfy,

if you meant you didn't deactivate the hide-object option, then may read this post
Field Researcher
#7 Old 25th Jul 2006 at 4:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Murfy
Hi,

is it possible to place a stage (those fundations but for the interior, i have no idea how they are called in English) on another one? I'm creating a cinema, and i would like to have 3 levels (on the floor, first stage, second stage) to make it a bit realistic.

Thanks in advance.

If you need to 'stack' foundations, the lattice one will stack....just make the first foundation, can be the brick one, the hold down shift whilst dragging the lattice foundation over the first one!
But I dont know if this is what you want or not

fev

On mules we find two legs behind
and two we find before.
We stand behind before we find
what those behind be for.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 25th Jul 2006 at 5:04 AM
Just a little more to add,

Screen deck and column decks are both still counted as a levl of walls for each vertical addition....just like how the split levels are made. Indeed, they'e special "walls".
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#9 Old 25th Jul 2006 at 8:50 AM
Murfy, there isn't a way that you can do that and still have the Sims think the screen is on the same level of them so that they can watch it. You can use the OFB stage and that will work, but it can only give you one level of staging - there is no build object you can use which will make an extra level without the game thinking of it as "upstairs".

I think there are workarounds though - for example actually raise the ground itself on the stage end - so it will be the same storey but higher. Use modular steps up to it or a half wall round it so you can't see the slope, and then put the OFB stage on top of that.

Or you could use the dummy levels, but using move_objects have the screen attached to the wall of the level below. Move_objects should stop it complaining the stump wall was too short.

Ideally someone needs to make a one-tile full sized interlinking stacking stage object - which would be for looks only of course.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 25th Jul 2006 at 10:55 AM
A little while ago I was doing a request for a cinema, and ran into problems with the sims being only able to view the tv (no matter what size...I had mega tv), a few squares away and only about 2-3 seats wide. Someone actually sugested I get an invisible tv, and place in front of every few seats.....leaaving room for sims to manuver etc.....I havnt been able to find an invisible TV. Sorry.....I ramble a bit & this is sorta off topic!

fev

On mules we find two legs behind
and two we find before.
We stand behind before we find
what those behind be for.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 25th Jul 2006 at 12:58 PM
Lol, besides tinvisible recolurs of TV, one can use a huge screen to cover up small TVs at different levels. But just know where these smaller hidden TVs are located... So, you can get your sims using them...

That should be able to create a scene like a cinema with split levels.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#12 Old 25th Jul 2006 at 1:14 PM
I believe someone is working on this as we speak... :D
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies