Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Updated 09/08/2006: window-sill set

by bienchen83 Posted 26th Jul 2006 at 1:13 PM - Updated 10th Sep 2006 at 9:10 PM by bienchen83

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts
Instructor
#3 Old 26th Jul 2006 at 1:30 PM
these look fantastic only thing is it to big for me to download any chance for smaller files to be downloaded as im only on dial up, sorry i dont mean to sound unpleasant thankyou

If You Want To See Any More Of My Downloads Visit My WebSite
demiseverlastingsims2.com
Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Jul 2006 at 1:31 PM
Very beautiful!! Thank you.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Jul 2006 at 1:33 PM
@Demi: I can´t upload more than one rar-file for one thread, but if you send me your e-Mail-adress per PM, I could send you the set in several separate e-Mails.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 26th Jul 2006 at 1:34 PM
These are really nice and could add a lot of character to a boring room ^^ thank you!!

we are eternal, all this pain is an illusion
Instructor
#7 Old 26th Jul 2006 at 1:56 PM
ok i will do that thankyou bienchen83

If You Want To See Any More Of My Downloads Visit My WebSite
demiseverlastingsims2.com
Test Subject
#8 Old 26th Jul 2006 at 3:51 PM
What a nice idea

well done!

Cheif Wiggim: "Hey i got pictures of you Quimby!" Mayor Quimby: "You don't scare me that could be anyones ass!"
Field Researcher
#9 Old 26th Jul 2006 at 4:09 PM
A question: is it possible to place other game objects on windowsills too, or is it only possible with those included in this set?
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#10 Old 26th Jul 2006 at 5:56 PM
Thank you very much for a such a nice set of decorative items. I can tell that I'm going to get a lot of use out of them.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Field Researcher
#11 Old 26th Jul 2006 at 7:32 PM
I love this! I always need more things to make my houses look nice and homey and these are so perfect! Thank you so much for sharing these!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Jul 2006 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pixie
A question: is it possible to place other game objects on windowsills too, or is it only possible with those included in this set?

it´s only possible to place those included in this set. There are window-sills available here on mod (by feeEssen) which have the features you desire. The problem is that these take up the space in front of the window so that a Sim will no longer be able to walk there. Then, only small decorative objects will look good on them. I resized all of the deco objects I took from the game because they would have looked to massive on the window-sills. This is why I decided against a default placement possibility. However, you´re free to download feeEssen´s window-sills instead.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 26th Jul 2006 at 8:06 PM
Thanks for explaining! I was a bit confused because of the recent feeEssen's upload. I thought at first this was somehow related to that one, an improvement or smth.:p

However your concept sounds very reasonable, I'm definitely trying that in my game! Thanks
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 26th Jul 2006 at 8:35 PM
Well, this was a bit of a mess. My site went down a few weeks ago and the window-sill-set was available there. feeEssen had first recolored my set and then obviously decided to make her own window-sill meshes.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 26th Jul 2006 at 10:13 PM
I have saw it in the game, and it's great!
pure genious!
Test Subject
#16 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 12:49 PM
Bienchen I have your window sills in my game and they are so adorable - great to have them now for diagonal windows too. I love all those decorative items - also those "real" looking things like the sponge. I see you've done more things and I hope you will not give up that idea :lovestruc

Juli
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 4:50 AM
these are great..thanks so much..
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 17th Aug 2006 at 5:53 AM
Hi bienchen83. Just wanted to let you know this: I was using your Window-sills just fine while I had Uni & the original game installed on my comp. Yesterday I finally got Nightlife and started having problems. Whenever I went to the catalog and opened the "Decorations > Misc" category, where your items are located, my game would crash. It actually happened a few times and caused me loose some game data. But no biggie, just a game.

I was able to pin-point your files as the problem makers by using MTS' tutorial: "I have hundreds of files in my downloads folder, how do I find a problem file?" [http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=139702]. Once I took out the Window-sills from the "Downloads" folder the game worked fine.

I read on MTS that it was good to let the author know if you had a problem so here I am ^^ Before they made my game crash your window-sills where great. Do you know if there is a known conflict perhaps? Let me know!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 18th Aug 2006 at 6:23 AM Last edited by bienchen83 : 18th Aug 2006 at 6:30 AM.
I wonder how come. I have nightlife too but don´t have any problems with these. I´ll see what I can find out, but I´m going on holiday tomorrow so this might take some time.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#20 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 3:51 PM
As no one except you had problems using these (I posted the problem in the Repair Center Thread), I have deleted the warning message. Could it be that you didn´t delete the old version of the window-sill-set? This would have caused the kind of problems you had.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 9th Sep 2006 at 2:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bienchen83
As no one except you had problems using these (I posted the problem in the Repair Center Thread), I have deleted the warning message. Could it be that you didn´t delete the old version of the window-sill-set? This would have caused the kind of problems you had.

I had never downloaded your window-sill-set before. The problem started as soon as I installed Nightlife. I don't know much about objects and custom content, but maybe it was conflicting with another CC I had?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#22 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 9:09 PM
It´s possible. I really appreciate that you posted your problem here and I hope that anyone having the same problem will contact me. But at the time being, all I could do was asking for review at the Object Repair Center and no one there found a problem. Which doesn´t mean that there can´t be one. Have you tried to install the set again?