Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 12:34 PM
Default Blue Flashing Terrain Again!!!!!!
Sorry if this has been posted before, in fact I know it has, but I have been searching all night for the thread but cant find it.
I was just about ready to upload a request home, and was in the last stages of testing....when I entered the lot and....there it was Blue Flashing terain!!
I exited to the neighbourhood, bulldozed the home, placed the lot back in neighbourhood again, entered the lot....now it's Black terrain and no flashing!
I just cant find the thread I read ages ago about a solution, so can someone please give me the link to that thread, or just a possible solution.
I feel really bad as the house is a request!

Thanks
fev

On mules we find two legs behind
and two we find before.
We stand behind before we find
what those behind be for.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 1:13 PM
Here's the link to a thread that may be what you're seeking.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=142042

can try to search with keywords like "blue", "flash", "terrain"separately.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 3:21 PM
Thank you for that
The cheat....boolprop lotterrainpaints false Worked! Nothing else wouldLOL

fev

and two we find before.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 4:45 PM
The cheat only turned off the display of terrain paint but can't change or remove the terrain paint work there...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 4:52 PM
Thanks again for that.
I saved the lot & packaged it, went into Sims2Clean installer, and was about to remove all the terain paints, but they were already gone.
So I assume the lot to be safe to upload. Havt uploaded yet though, will test one last time

fev

and two we find before.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 6:23 AM
Have retested the house & there is the same problem.
Tried deleting the terains from my temporary downloads folder (have big download folder on desktop), but alas same prob.
I have looke in vain at all the posts in the link you gave me
Have to rebuild I think!
Thanks again

fev

and two we find before.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 10:43 AM
I can't really help besides providing advices to avoid in the first place...

Hopefully, lot-modding can get to a point where people can edit the terrain paint infos and the resultant lots will be safe for redistributions or back-ups... and save their presently blue flashing lots...

Honestly, I personally do the terrain paint as a last thing to do in a lot. And before the terrain paint job, procedurally save a proven working pre-terrain paint back-up... before going wild with it... If I should use custom terrain paints, I'll finish up all the default terrain paint works without any custom terrain paints first, save yet another proven working back-up before installing any custom terrain paint. Then, do the custom ones... This way, I can ensure I have some best back-ups if the custom ones get messed up with the lot. So, most of the time, I've no custom terrain paints in my game folders...

Prevention and precaution are more helpful so far. I hope that terrain paint thread can be a sticky to remind people of such trouble before the same history happens over again and again... Alas... if that is to be done...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 11:25 AM
Yes I agree, and have ummm learnt my lesson the hard wayLOL
Havn't even touched a single terrain paint in my rebuild of the lot. Tested it, no flashing terrain. So hopefully I will be uploading after

Thanks for all your help!

fev

and two we find before.
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies