Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 9:43 PM
Default Renaming collection files with SimPE
I've searched, but haven't found out how to rename the file. I learned how to make new icons, which is uber cool.......but I can't find where to rename it so I can find it easily, instead of all those letters and numbers.

Could someone explain how to do that in SimPE for me?

**also, after I replaced the icon, I couldn't find where to commit. So I just saved. Can you tell me where to commit, or is just saving it ok. I can easily see the commit button when I recolor objects, but couldn't find it when I was working with the collection icon.

Can't. Stop. Downloading.!!!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 10:06 PM
use the collection creater. you can get it in sim tools here.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#3 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 10:28 PM
Are you talking about the filename of the collection package, or about the name that appears in the catalog when you select the collection?
If the first, you can rename the filename like any other Windows file, and the game won't have any problems in using the renamed collection; if the second, you can open the package in SimPE and edit the (only) Text List in it: you can even set a different text for any language, if you like.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 10:32 PM
Thank you Numenor!!!! Yes, I meant the file name. I was going to change it by right clicking, and renaming...(that's what you mean right?) But I was afraid it couldn't possibly be that simple. Thank you!

Can't. Stop. Downloading.!!!
Scholar
#5 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 12:18 AM
use the collection creator it's easier.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#6 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 1:52 AM
The collection creator is very useful and easy to use (though renaming a package name is easier...). But the main problem of the CC is that it does not manage icons other than in BMP forma, while the most used formats for the icons is TGA and PNG, that allow transparency. Loading and saving (with a different name) a collection forces you to discard the existing TGA/PNG icon.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Scholar
#7 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 4:07 AM
so it's not hard to convert any image to a bmp file.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#8 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 10:02 AM
Of course not but you lose the transparency. And anyway, wouldn't be just too a long process to open the collection, extract the image, convert it and then re-save the collection with the BMP, just to rename a package?
Please don't think I don't like the Collection Maker: on the contrary, I'm quite fond of it and I use it regularly; but when the collection is created, I always make the final "adjustments" with SimPE, just because I'm very anal for details...
You know, even when I export a lot, I often replace the thumbnails with my own, because I don't like the ones automatically included (the lot is always very small and barely visible...) :D

Scholar
#9 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 9:38 PM
if you make the background the same blue as the other icons from the game you dont need transperency.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 3:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ToRnado
if you make the background the same blue as the other icons from the game you dont need transperency.

lol, true but that still results in a redo of the thumbnail as Numenor just stated.
Scholar
#11 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 5:54 AM
what do you mean a re-do of the thunmbnail? just replace the icon image with your own image
Field Researcher
#12 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 10:40 AM
I mean just as Numenor stated :" wouldn't be just too a long process to open the collection, extract the image, convert it and then re-save the collection with the BMP, just to rename a package?"
Mad Poster
#13 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 4:28 AM Last edited by niol : 26th Jul 2007 at 4:36 AM.
Test Subject
#14 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 3:29 AM
I am SO lost. I have downloaded SimPE, Sims Collection Creator and Sims2 Clean Pack installer. All I want to do is SEE the files and put then into a collection. The sims collection creator will not take some of the files as they dont have a GUID. I am lost. Please help.
Site Helper
#15 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 4:48 PM
Files with no GUID are likely to be recolors. Putting the original mesh into a collection will put the all of the recolors of that mesh in as well.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook