Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Treadle Sewing Machine with Creativity and $$

by cokenasmile Posted 8th Aug 2006 at 6:44 AM - Updated 7th Dec 2008 at 9:11 PM by -Maylin-

113 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 106 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 6:46 AM
*squeal* Yay, zomg, coke, it's PERFECT! I knew you were working hard on it, but I had NO idea it was going to be this gorgeous. Your mesh is stunning... I can't believe you did all the detailing on the base! You're insane, and I adore you! Thank you so much for sharing this stunning *coughfeaturedcough* creation with all of us. :D

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Alchemist
#3 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 6:47 AM
Wow. Your sewing machine looked exactly like my mom's.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 6:47 AM
That's cool!
Forum Resident
#5 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 6:48 AM
This is so awesome, thank you so much! You are great!
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 6:50 AM
Thank you everyone! I did work for over a week straight on the mesh, so it's a little high on polies but I needed it for detail, and it's about the same as the Maxis item I cloned.

If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right.
SO much to do and so many other things to distract me.
Scholar
#7 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 6:51 AM
Wow this looks excellent, great mesh, great texture and great idea, thanks a lot
Miss Bona Fiscalia
#8 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 6:58 AM
OMG! cokenasmile. It looks awesome! Thank you so much! You really are amazing. Thanks again, hun.

"Morning, Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain."

Field Researcher
#9 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 6:59 AM
this looks very cool nice job!! thanks!! :D

Want free quality downloads? then visit my site!!
www.toxiccharm.net
Test Subject
#10 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 7:09 AM
Wow coke,
that looks really good. i have to use it on my manor lot for the attic and a couple of my movie sets. I love the wrought iron detail. Would give 10 stars if i could!
Cliff

"Titanic the movie where the ship its the iceberg, it goes down and all the people die? Thats so funny, make me laugh"

-Ms. Swan

As of right now, and until further notice, I am not taking requests due to a imbroglio upon my part.

www.freewebs.com/cliffjohnson/
Mistress of architectural mishaps
retired moderator
#11 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 7:22 AM
Amazing! Really gorgeous work. Thank you so much

Retired from Simming
Instructor
#12 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 7:25 AM
What a cute idea! I love it!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 8:13 AM
This is awesome, thank you!!
Test Subject
#14 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 8:14 AM
This.is.awesome!!!! *huggles* Thank you sooo much for sharing this with us!!!
Forum Resident
#15 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 8:38 AM
HOLY COW this is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fantastic job on it, it looks terrific, I love it!!!!!!!
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 8:44 AM
Thanks everyone. I hope to change-up the screen shots to better show the detail. I think I compressed them too much, because in game you can make out the "singer" in the wrought iron and on the machine. Plus the silver texture on the business end has more detail in game.

Speaking of detail, I had to cut *a lot* out to save on poly counts. That's why the bench is so basic and the circles aren't perfectly smooth... but hey, close enough for government work.

If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right.
SO much to do and so many other things to distract me.
Instructor
#17 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 9:21 AM
I HATE sewing. But this machine reminds me of my grand mother. She was forever making dolls clothes for dolls I never played with. What better place to put your so realistic sewing machine in with my elders. Well done, I love it.
Test Subject
#18 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 9:44 AM
Great news!, I surprise you. Super likes .thank you so much!!!!
Field Researcher
#19 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 10:33 AM
Wow great idea. Thank you very much I love it.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 10:44 AM
the details are just amazing! Wow!

visit my sims2 site: http://lliella.com
:::everyday fashion for your sims:::
Field Researcher
#21 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 11:24 AM
This is a nice looking mesh but the textures OMG that must have took you forever to make! Great work!!!

Likeing new TS3 build grid and placements, not liking TS3 Store and changes to shops.
Scholar
#22 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 11:32 AM
My sims will be sewing all the time now, lol.
thanks

Please note - I'm not taking any requests at the moment.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#23 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 12:11 PM
Very nicely done once more Cokenasmile though I wish you hadn't added the earning capacity - ah well, you can't please everyone. I might have a go at it with SimPE and try and disable it.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 12:43 PM
Woah!! That is too nice for words! Coke, this is incredible. The fact that children can use this is perfect for my 1920's sweat shop scenario.

Alcohol will not solve your problems...But then again, neither does Milk
Test Subject
#25 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 2:03 PM
**Squeeeeels**

You do know just how much you rock, right?

Thank You!

Because the voices in my head tell me to...
Page 1 of 5