Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Precious Metals Appliance Collection

by obsessisim Posted 12th Aug 2006 at 4:27 AM - Updated 27th Oct 2008 at 2:34 PM by -Maylin-

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts
Alchemist
#2 Old 13th Aug 2006 at 10:43 AM
Your kitchen stuff all look great. It is hard to pick the best color out of your collection colors. Good job.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 13th Aug 2006 at 3:33 PM
Looks great to me.

Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.
Eleanor Roosevelt
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Aug 2006 at 5:55 PM
Thank you.

I'm eleven hundred and twenty-years-old, jus' gimme' a frikkin' beer!
Test Subject
#5 Old 16th Aug 2006 at 4:00 AM
Those are great, thanks!

The puppy in your avatar is identical to mine. So adorable! Is it a Shih tzu?
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Aug 2006 at 5:49 PM
Default Yep
Quote: Originally posted by thehobbitwaffle
Those are great, thanks!

The puppy in your avatar is identical to mine. So adorable! Is it a Shih tzu?

It sure is, her name is Buffy and she generally sleeps in my lap while I'm simming or creating.

Lab Assistant
#7 Old 9th Sep 2006 at 8:50 PM
Obsessisim - Bless you! I have been looking for a gold kitchen appliance set for ages! You have made my day! Thank you! <<beaming>>
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Sep 2006 at 11:27 PM
Oh you're welcome, thanks for telling me. Enjoy!

Test Subject
#9 Old 16th Apr 2007 at 8:45 AM
i'm not sure if it is this, or another Custom Content, but with Seasons, you cannot "stock" items into the fridge.
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 8:19 PM
hmm, well this is just a Maxis recolour and not a custom mesh. Seasons sure has it's share of glitches.

Theorist
#11 Old 15th Jun 2007 at 8:42 PM Last edited by Sophie-David : 15th Jun 2007 at 8:54 PM. Reason: Grammar problems
Default Blue Fridge Object Incompatible with Seasons
Quote: Originally posted by blaze_burner
i'm not sure if it is this, or another Custom Content, but with Seasons, you cannot "stock" items into the fridge.
The problem I had was that although you could place leftovers in the fridge, you could not retrieve them later because the menu option just wasn't there.

Quote: Originally posted by obsessisim
hmm, well this is just a Maxis recolour and not a custom mesh.
Well that's what I would have thought, and that's what kept me testing for hours before I discovered that this set was causing the problem. Actually the blue "recolour" of the fridge most definitely is an object - the first clue is that the filesize is significantly bigger than that of the other recolours. This was confirmed when Paladin's SimWardrobe Categorizer brought it up as an editable object. By deleting only the blue fridge file, correct operation was restored to all colours of the expensive fridge. I was very pleased with this because this is a gorgeous set and did not want to lose all of it. The fix for this misbehaved blue file would be to make it a true recolour.

BTW, I wasn't actually using the blue colour of fridge when I first noticed that things were awry, it was actually one of the built-in EA colours.

The really odd thing about this episode was that this fridge was initially working correctly under Seasons, and indeed I had this set in use before I installed Seasons. It was only yesterday when I installed the latest Seasons patch that I started having problems with retrieving leftovers. I suspect that it was not the patch itself that changed things, but that the load order between these two conflicting objects changed - much as can happen between two conflicting hacks. For some reason this blue fridge file suddenly took precedence over the built-in Seasons one.

Of course I initially assumed that the Seasons patch itself was buggy until I started doing cut and try tests with my Downloads folders. Once I narrowed it down to my Appliance folders I must have tried removing every other custom object until I finally overcame my prejudice and realized that this folder of recolours actually contained a rogue object.

The amusing thing was that I did not actually lose any leftovers! Once I removed the blue fridge file they were all there waiting for my Sims to finish them off.
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Jun 2007 at 2:38 AM
Hey thanks! I was completely confused about this too because it worked for me until Seasons. I have since removed it from my pc and have done another blue one. Gee I'm sorry about this. Sophie-David, can you please explain what I did wrong?

Theorist
#13 Old 19th Jun 2007 at 5:40 AM
Hey thanks! I was completely confused about this too because it worked for me until Seasons. I have since removed it from my pc and have done another blue one. Gee I'm sorry about this. Sophie-David, can you please explain what I did wrong?

Oh dear, no! I have never made a recolour myself before! Somehow that one recolour was saved as a conflicting object instead of a recolour. All I can say is that whatever method you used to make the rest of the recolours is the same way that the blue recolour needs to be done. But I'm sure there are lots of folk here who could provide some expert help if you get stuck.
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 3rd Jul 2007 at 6:04 PM
Uh, okay, I thought for sure I posted a response here yesterday but was having trouble with my internet connection. So let's try again. I recommend that anyone having problems with the blue one, just delete it and I will upload a copy of the new bluesilvery one that I have made. Sophie-David, thank you for your help and again Happy Canada Day. I am going with the assumption that Seasons somehow changed it because it seemed to have worked for everyone before that.

Theorist
#15 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 6:54 PM
Uh, okay, I thought for sure I posted a response here yesterday but was having trouble with my internet connection. So let's try again. I recommend that anyone having problems with the blue one, just delete it and I will upload a copy of the new bluesilvery one that I have made. Sophie-David, thank you for your help and again Happy Canada Day. I am going with the assumption that Seasons somehow changed it because it seemed to have worked for everyone before that.
Thank you for looking into this, and Happy Canada Day too! I look forward to the updated recolour.
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 11:59 PM
Okay it's up. I also have another bluesilver collection that I stumbled upon accidently when I was redoing this one, I came up with a slightly mauvish shade and I like it better so I will send it along with a deep bronze set as soon as I finish something else.

Theorist
#17 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 1:17 AM
Thank you for new blue recolour - its working fine with Seasons now!
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 5:00 PM
You're very kind, thank you for letting me know. I have uploaded recolours of the Flamebay gas stove too, it's currently in the moderation cue. It doesn't match these ones though, it matches the artists collection.
which reminds me, I think I will make a note to see if I can make a set of that stove to match these colours..hmmm....wanders off muttering to herself....

Theorist
#19 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 3:33 PM
You're very kind, thank you for letting me know. I have uploaded recolours of the Flamebay gas stove too, it's currently in the moderation cue. It doesn't match these ones though, it matches the artists collection.
which reminds me, I think I will make a note to see if I can make a set of that stove to match these colours..hmmm....wanders off muttering to herself....
It would be wonderful to have a complete set of Flameboy gas stoves in all your recolours! Once my Sims have the money, its typically my favourite stove. I have always been disappointed that there are so few recolours available for this particular stove.
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 12:23 AM
Okay, I just spent the entire weekend reading my Harry Potter book, (no spoilers though) and now have time on my hands and am going to tackle that very project right now. I'll upload it as soon as I can. thanks so very much for your support and kind words.