Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Rain For Your Sims *Testers Wanted*

by spmjcom Posted 20th Aug 2006 at 12:38 PM - Updated 20th Aug 2006 at 1:09 PM by spmjcom

210 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 202 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 9
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 12:46 PM
Thnx that was suppose to actually be in the game but they took it out!

Do you want...
Awsome free content?
Great Community Members?
Sims Sentral Has It All!!Join Today!
Banned
#3 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 12:48 PM
Wow this is great for movies! I always wanted weather.....*points in dissapointment at Maxis* By the way, I will reply to your PM later today.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 12:49 PM
Ok and ya i kinda made this for stories but as i went on i found it worked better than i expected!

Do you want...
Awsome free content?
Great Community Members?
Test Subject
#5 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 12:53 PM
Are you can to make a snow ?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 12:54 PM
No srry thats too hard. but someone else did.

Do you want...
Awsome free content?
Great Community Members?
Banned
#7 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 12:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spmjcom
Ok and ya i kinda made this for stories but as i went on i found it worked better than i expected!

Well with Photoshop I can add rain to my stories; so thats no worry. But for movies it isnt even possible! Thank to you it is!! By the way you may want to change it from "Weather For Yours Sims" to just "Rain For Yours Sims" because weather is speaking in general.

And I think you can make snow. Yes it would take a while, but the animation texturing should make it happen. But it would be too hard to make it fall to the ground and make it look like it stays there because that would result in an unbelievably large count of poly's.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 12:58 PM
Took your advice. Changed the name. I will look into snow.

Do you want...
Awsome free content?
Great Community Members?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 1:06 PM
coolie
cant wait till i can download again to get this
Scholar
#10 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 1:08 PM
Great job spmjcom! This is fantastic! Nice work, this is amazing! Keep up the great work Thank you, 5 stars.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 1:09 PM
i already have it-it was in a collection
collections takes ages to load for me
so glad that its in a category
(anyway i think you are not allowed to claim it as your own-as it is done by maxis-u cna only take credit for extracting it)
Mad Poster
#12 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 1:09 PM
This is great! I love the way it makes little circles of water when it touches the gropund. Actually i think there is some sort of wheather in the game because once two of my sims died after being struck by thunder while sleeping outside.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 1:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fresh-Prince
Great job spmjcom! This is fantastic! Nice work, this is amazing! Keep up the great work Thank you, 5 stars.

thnx!!!

Do you want...
Awsome free content?
Great Community Members?
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 1:41 PM
Whoa This is great!!!
Thanks spmjcom!!..

P/s If you want snow ( on winter, it will drops from skies and left on the ground for the whole season, Then, It will melt and changed into puddles on summer ), You can try Katy's weather hack...

http://www.pc-sims.de/smb/showthrea...p=2677#post2677

Woof !
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 1:41 PM
Awesome, thanks!

"Airs and social graces, elocution so divine,
I'll stick to my needle, and my favourite waste of time,
Both spineless and sublime."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 1:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ariffrazalin
Whoa This is great!!!
Thanks spmjcom!!..

P/s If you want snow ( on winter, it will drops from skies and left on the ground for the whole season, Then, It will melt and changed into puddles on summer ), You can try Katy's weather hack...

http://www.pc-sims.de/smb/showthrea...p=2677#post2677

yay i had that hack before i decided i will only use my stuff in my game. the wintere was cool but the snow bunched up to much and the clouds were really unrealistic.

Do you want...
Awsome free content?
Great Community Members?
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 1:48 PM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 1:51 PM
=) !!!!!

Do you want...
Awsome free content?
Great Community Members?
#19 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 1:52 PM
Wow this is awesome i always wondered y Maxis never added weather to the sims snow would be great or thunder lol i love this THANKS ALOT IT REALLY REALLY ROCKS.

AbstractSIMmer187 Has Retired From Sims 2 Creating
All Of My Creations Are Found Here
Test Subject
#20 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 1:58 PM
Thanks! It's Great! Wish someone would make acid rain or, rain of the cowplants! Actually, I might try that...

If you were I, and I were you, my clothes probably wouldn't fit. And also, there is practically no chance of that ever happening, thank goodness.
Test Subject
#21 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 2:42 PM
Wow thanks. You are good. When it rains, does it leave puddles? Like how when the sink or toilet or bath tub is broke? And does it water the plants or makes weeds in the ground? Thanks though.

I really want a hamster. I like hamsters because they are pretty and sweet!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 2:49 PM
Looks great, thank you. I had weather in my game before, but that was before I lost everything on my hard drive. It is kind of neat to have weather in the game though - I wish Maxis would have just added it in originally.

I have been retired from Simming for years now. I actually can't believe my work is still up after about 8 years and being downloaded. Lots of memories from the game and this website; these creations are a snapshot of a time in my life. Please continue downloading and enjoy.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 2:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mommygrl4evaukno
Wow thanks. You are good. When it rains, does it leave puddles? Like how when the sink or toilet or bath tub is broke? And does it water the plants or makes weeds in the ground? Thanks though.

It's really just there to give the game a more real feel. Srry no puddles weeds or plants growing. But weeds do come by themseves.

Do you want...
Awsome free content?
Great Community Members?
#24 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 3:01 PM
Is their sound effects added?

AbstractSIMmer187 Has Retired From Sims 2 Creating
All Of My Creations Are Found Here
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 3:04 PM
yup when the rain hits the ground it makes a driping sound!

Do you want...
Awsome free content?
Great Community Members?
Page 1 of 9