Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

2 seamless roofs - NEW TEXTURES

by mia86 Posted 21st Aug 2006 at 1:25 AM

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Aug 2006 at 11:08 PM
Thank you very much! There are hardly any good roof textures for this game and Maxis doesn't seem like they are going to give us any more.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 21st Aug 2006 at 11:43 PM
Great! The Maxis roofs are so limited. Your in-game pics look wonderful. I can hardly wait to try these out.

Would it be too much to ask for floor tiles that coordinate with these for when you use the mansard roof?
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 21st Aug 2006 at 11:47 PM
These look great; thanks for making them. My buildings never look quite right because the roof doesn't really go. This will expand our options nicely!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2006 at 12:15 AM
Thanks, the game needed some more roofs!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 22nd Aug 2006 at 12:59 AM
Oh, thank you so much! I am a roof junkie. Never enough! These are magnificent.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 22nd Aug 2006 at 1:06 AM
These are nice! Thanks!
Test Subject
#8 Old 22nd Aug 2006 at 3:14 AM
Fantastic! Thanks for making these. I've been hoping someone would do some roofs like this, and your in-game pics look great. Can't wait to try them!
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#9 Old 22nd Aug 2006 at 4:48 AM
Beautiful roofs Mia! The detail is really well done. Thanks for sharing.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 22nd Aug 2006 at 2:30 PM
You are great. Thanks
Forum Resident
#11 Old 22nd Aug 2006 at 3:34 PM
Thanks, I like these roofs! It's nice to have more of them in game. Thanks for taking the time for making them.
hexameter
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#12 Old 22nd Aug 2006 at 4:13 PM
I finally just got a moment to test these textures out in the game and they are absolutely fantastic - thanks so much =) I am about to upload a lot that uses another of your great roof textures. Definitely one of the hardest things to find for the game!

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 23rd Aug 2006 at 6:20 PM
Hey, Thanks for all the nice comments, I'm glad you all like my work

Quote: Originally posted by bluetexasbonnie
Would it be too much to ask for floor tiles that coordinate with these for when you use the mansard roof?

I'm not sure if I know what you mean by mansard roof...but I suppose you wanna create the illusion of a roof with the constrainfloorelevation cheat.
I'll upload a floor sporting both textures, Ok? When I think about it a wall would be good, too for the gable/pediment or whatever thats called...

mia

you can still pm me with requests and stuff...only i'm not very often logged in at the moment...
busy with real life, try later again ;)
Forum Resident
#14 Old 24th Aug 2006 at 12:27 PM
These are great... I love all the details. Thanks!
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#15 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 7:09 AM
I tried these out in my game and they look very nice. Thank you.

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 1:19 PM
Finally! Roofs with wonderful texture...your screenshots look great. I can't wait to try these!
Test Subject
#17 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 1:54 PM
These are really nice, thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 7:03 AM
Ohhhh yeah!
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#19 Old 29th Nov 2011 at 1:41 AM
These are just so wonderful Thank you.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 12:23 AM
Which roof has the non-round scales-looking texture as I'm not familiar with roof names and don't understand exterior-design-speak?!
Are the shingles the ones that look like round-scales on a dragon or the sharp-edged textured roof? Because the pictures aren't labeled properly!