Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Careers for Vampires!

by stevekills.com Posted 30th Aug 2006 at 5:04 AM

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 37 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th Aug 2006 at 5:18 AM
even though i have no need for this (i dont have NL), i think you've done a wonderful thing for those that do. great job!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Aug 2006 at 5:20 AM
Why thank you! It's been one of thoes things i've thought about doing, but only recently gotten around to. It just felt like someone had to.

Ah yes, the sims... 90% creating, 8% testing and 2% actually playing the game.
Greatest Dad Ever
#4 Old 30th Aug 2006 at 5:22 AM
great career and i LOVE your sig !!!!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 30th Aug 2006 at 6:06 AM
Sounds like you've gone to a lot of work! Thanks.

I'm wondering, though. Couldn't you build a garage with a doorway into your house and have your vamps go to work in their own cars? It seems as if this wouldn't expose them to much sunlight....

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Scholar
#6 Old 30th Aug 2006 at 6:34 AM
that's a very smart idea, thanks

The rest of my skins can be found in my blog
http://navetsea.blogspot.com
Test Subject
#7 Old 30th Aug 2006 at 7:00 AM
thank you so much for this!!! due to the no-one-bring-home-money problem, I always prevended my sims to become vampire, now I can make a family of vampires!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 30th Aug 2006 at 8:38 AM
Do the career titles let you know if it's the nocturnal version before choosing it as your career?

❌✖️❌✖️❌ Boycott SPs for TS4. EA is squeezing pennies from us without giving us content with substance. Show them you expect more! ❌✖️❌✖️❌
Field Researcher
#9 Old 30th Aug 2006 at 11:41 AM
great awesome job ......do they have to be vampires to get these jobs?..these will work good for moms dads who just had a baby or 2, 3, 4
Test Subject
#10 Old 30th Aug 2006 at 12:49 PM
It looks good, but why does it say that Univiersity is required? Weren't vampire's added in Nightlife?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 30th Aug 2006 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
I'm wondering, though. Couldn't you build a garage with a doorway into your house and have your vamps go to work in their own cars? It seems as if this wouldn't expose them to much sunlight....

Indeed. Working at daylight hours as vampire is not impossible, merely challenging. I do tend to put them on career paths that will eventually have night time jobs, though.

A lurking translator who goes stealthily converting text strings into finnish when he feels like doing that, which is very rarely.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 30th Aug 2006 at 2:12 PM
Some of thoes careers were added with University and require an degree. That is why University is required.

Visit my web site:Fanciful Sims
Royal Kingdom Challenge:
http://tinyurl.com/b4ajz
Live your medieval dream
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 30th Aug 2006 at 3:50 PM
Default Great idea and thanks so much...
... I've avoided playing with the vampires because of the sunlight issue, now I can play them!

I like your sig too, but in my case it's 90% downloading stuff, 8% reading forums to find out how to fix what I screwed up, and 2% playing!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 30th Aug 2006 at 6:25 PM
I see there have been a lot of questions, and a lot of answers, so i seem to have my work cut out for me. But to answer keineeier3 and Simsmomma, yes, it does tell you that you're getting the Vampyric careers and yes, ordinary non-vamp sims can hold these jobs as well.

Lab Assistant
#15 Old 31st Aug 2006 at 4:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
Sounds like you've gone to a lot of work! Thanks.

Although vampires can go to work with their car without the threat of sun, vampires on a normal sleep schedule will only be able to go outside for a very short time at the end of the day. These jobs mean vampires can sleep all day and stay up all night without worrying about work.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 31st Aug 2006 at 4:42 PM
i have a question concerning the UNI jobs.will a degree still be required to get these jobs, or not? Uni is difficult with vamps.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 31st Aug 2006 at 5:38 PM
Hmmm... that's a good question. I just tested them to make sure they'd show up and not overwrite stuff. They show up in the paper and whatnot, but i'm not sure if you need a degree or not. The game may recognize it as a whole new custom career. If anyone has the patience to test this, please do.

Instructor
#18 Old 1st Sep 2006 at 6:20 PM
hey that's great! i love vampires!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 5:07 AM
"If anyone has the patience to test this, please do. "

i'll go ahead and test it, if i find the time. i've been really busy and haven't had too much time to play the game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 9:56 PM
Thank you igloolik! Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Lab Assistant
#21 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 3:36 AM
i just checked it, and yes, you need a college diploma to access those jobs. i used the easy computer and counterfeit diploma to figure this out within 5 mintues, now that i have them, lol.
Test Subject
#22 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 4:35 AM
Fantastic idea. Not only great for my vamps, but for my regular ol' sims who just want to work the night shift.
Test Subject
#23 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 3:11 PM
This is fantastic, I had great fun turning everyone into vampires and now they can have a job ^_^ Thank you very much! x
Field Researcher
#24 Old 24th Sep 2006 at 5:53 PM
Woo-hoo!! Thank you so much; I have three vampires in my game with plans to add more, and they've all had to quit their jobs and rely on the enhanced money tree hack - this is so much better, cheers!
Test Subject
#25 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 12:57 AM
Awesome!!! This has been needed for quite some time for me!!! (5 stars)
Page 1 of 2