Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Teacher career (based on the Swedish schoolsystem)

by Nimoemo Posted 10th Sep 2006 at 11:04 AM - Updated 11th Oct 2006 at 2:52 PM by Nimoemo

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 11:41 AM
I like it a lot, but aren't chancecards actually required before posting a career now?

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 12:38 PM
If that is the case - I'm sorry I didn't know.
But at least I'm clear with the fact that I don't have any chancecards - and also why I don't.
Hope you keep liking it after you've played it!
Take care!
//Nimoemo
Field Researcher
#4 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 1:59 PM
It looks great! Good job. I know I wouldn't be able to make a career like that.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 2:44 PM
Hmm, Finnish translation would be very doable since the education system is pretty much the same and the matching terms can be found without any need to hunt for best fits. Also without no chance cards, there is not as much text.

I could dig the texts out with SimPE, but if you sent me the text, I might be more obliged to actually do it, plus I'm less likely to miss something.

A lurking translator who goes stealthily converting text strings into finnish when he feels like doing that, which is very rarely.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 3:13 PM Last edited by kramnaols : 10th Sep 2006 at 3:16 PM. Reason: typo
Very Good I could not make career of any sort never mind like this.

More Power !!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by paigeturnersims
Jag är säker på att du jobbat hårt med den här karriären, och all heder till dig, men som förskollärare blir jag så trött på att alla sätter mitt yrke som lägre rang än att vara lärare i skolan, det funkar faktiskt inte så i Svenska skolan, jag har lika mycket utbildning och lika hög lön som en lärare i skolan. Och sen, hur kan studievägledaren ha högre rang än lärarna?

Hej!
Jag jobbar också inom skolan och tycker absolut inte att förskolelärare har "lägre rang" än någon annan lärare, jag har helt enkelt satt dem i ording efter ålder på barnen. Angående lönen så gjorde jag så för att många tycker att det är roligt att man får högre lön desto fler nivåer man klarat av på en karriär. Men om du vill så ändrar jag så gärna att alla lärare tjänar lika mycket. Sedan så kom jag inte på något mellan lärare och rektor och det var därför det blev studievägledare. Har du något annat förslag så ändrar jag det gärna då jag inte är så nöjd med det valet själv.
Hoppas du haft en trevlig helg!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 9:13 PM
Jo, det är klart, det har väl länge varit så att lärare har lön efter elevernas skostorlekar som en lärare jag hade på lhs sa. Du kan ju kanske klämma in "resurs person" under/över (??) vikare och flytta upp de andra, men jag vet faktiskt inte heller, studievägledare kändes konstigt.
Och tack detsamma, mycket Sims-spelande i helgen, det är alltid bra, fattar inte att jag har tid. ;-)

"Gag me with a reticulated spline!! You're not my cup of tea!" - The Nightlife Prima Guide
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 10:14 PM
About the chance cards, I don't like them either and though I have ended up doing them in careers I've made, I think a career creator should have the right not to do them if they don't want to. The only thing I don't like is when I download a custom career and the creator didn't do chance cards, but then they didn't delete the text or odds of the original ones so you still get those popping up. I assume, Nimoemo, that you actually removed the chance cards altogether for this career? I definitely support a creator's right to do that (I don't know if the powers that be here at MTS2 agree with me though!)

Also I like the way you've toned down on the promotions, but how does that work exactly? Other than all levels getting the same pay, can you somehow avoid getting promoted? As a career creator I've never known how to do that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pearlbh
Also I like the way you've toned down on the promotions, but how does that work exactly? Other than all levels getting the same pay, can you somehow avoid getting promoted? As a career creator I've never known how to do that.

Hi!
I don't know if you can avoid getting promoted. This is the very first career I've ever made so I'm a total beginner.
Take care!
Test Subject
#11 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 12:22 AM
If you made it for you in the first place why bother posting it then. Usually things posted are for others too.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by megansleia
If you made it for you in the first place why bother posting it then. Usually things posted are for others too.

I thought people liked when you share stuff. But if you don't like it - don't download it! It is that easy!
Instructor
#13 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by megansleia

Well obviously he/she made it for him/herself and then decided it would be a nice thing to share.

Quote: Originally posted by Many grannies around the world
If you've got nothing nice to say, don't say anything.

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 4:40 PM
Bra jobb :D

Guilded by faith...probly....or was it...rly?
Test Subject
#15 Old 16th Sep 2006 at 9:14 PM
Tack såååååå mycket <3 <3
Instructor
#16 Old 19th Sep 2006 at 2:26 AM
To be honest, I think that the fact that there are no set "outfits" that your sims have to wear for this career, is a good thing. Here in the United States, most teachers just wear whatever they feel like (with the exception of certain revealing clothes that are inappropriate) Some even wear t-shirts and jeans!

I don't get why so many Simmers hate Marsha Bruenig. She actually grows up to be quite pretty if you allow her to.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 19th Sep 2006 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by punkrockgoth1988
To be honest, I think that the fact that there are no set "outfits" that your sims have to wear for this career, is a good thing.

Here in Sweden the teachers can also wear whatever they want. And the outfits made for this career is very casual exept for the principal-levels. When I make the outfits work I can upload it in a new file so the downloaders can choose outfits or no outfits.
Take care.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 29th Sep 2006 at 3:36 AM
Default I love it.
It is wonderful Tack tack.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 1:45 AM
Nice. It seems a little strange to me that 4 levels have the same pay but you say you have updated. Havn't tried it out but I will, deffenently
Miss those change cards though.
Thanks for sharing:D
Test Subject
#20 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 11:52 AM
I can't download it. Everytime I click on it, the page turn to a white page with an announcement that the service is not available. Why is it happening? Please help? It's a really good career...hikz
Test Subject
#21 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 7:44 PM
does this career works with all ep's?
Test Subject
#22 Old 27th Mar 2007 at 8:32 AM
Detta gjorde mig jätte glad ska du veta. tack tack...
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#23 Old 27th Mar 2007 at 11:52 AM
OK everyone, post in English, or post an English translation for anything you say in any other language. That's the rule, please stick to it.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 6th Jun 2007 at 10:37 PM
tämä on hyvää! Cool career, its always nice when they have the european names (secondary school and not high school, and years instead of grades!). Thanks for sharing.
Quote:
I thought people liked when you share stuff. But if you don't like it - don't download it! It is that easy!
Too true! I for one am glad you chose to share. Thank you
Test Subject
#25 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 1:21 PM
Tack så mycket för den svenska skolsystemskarriären!
I think that you could add a headmaster for the upper secondary school since that is considered to be better than headmaster for the younger ones. Insted of having the Student counsellor.
Page 1 of 2