Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

American Gothic

by SixStringSlim Posted 15th Sep 2006 at 3:10 AM

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts
Scholar
#2 Old 16th Sep 2006 at 1:23 AM
You did an amazing job! Wonderful work! Thanks for sharing this with us all!

Please check me out at Sims Crossing Please do not upload any of my lots,clothing, or other creations to other sites!
Instructor
#3 Old 16th Sep 2006 at 11:20 AM
VERY nice. The man is gorgeous , Great job!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 16th Sep 2006 at 6:26 PM
Wow, looks great! Now if only could find some totem poles for all of my Native American sims.....*sigh*
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 16th Sep 2006 at 7:41 PM
Great job!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 12:26 PM
Wait, how does the word "gothic" fit in there? All possible meanings known to me just don't...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 2:10 PM
"In the depths of the forest, deep down into no man's-land, are tales of terror that would make the boldest of men shiver. Tales of inhuman things, supernatural things, savage things.
Strange creatures dwell in the deepest, darkest forests in the world, but stranger still are the ones that live inside of man, inner beasts more fearsome than anything else.

One such creature is the Windigo.

The word used to describe the creature is not a proper noun because it has no name. Windigo is only a kind of "reference". The word itself is just one of the many ways to spell it. The term derives from the Algonquian root word "witiku", though throughout the tribes and times the term's spelling varies: Wendigo, Windego, Wetiko, Windago, Windikouk, and so on.

The legend of the Windigo is well known among the Algonquian speaking tribes in America, from the Maritimes to the Prairies, from central to north-eastern US. No "monster" or "evil spirit" evokes so much fear in these people."

Sounds like a pretty "gothic" creature to me.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 2:21 AM
Whoa! That was my first reaction when I saw him. What an interesting and awesome sim! Your history/mythology lesson was neat, too. (I'm *very* into mythology and am studying anthropology.)
Thank you for this obviously much-worked-on, well-made Windigo.

Always,
Emma
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 25th Sep 2006 at 7:45 AM
So glad you put this hottie up for download. Great work!
Test Subject
#10 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 11:39 PM
not to burst your bubble, but a "Windigo" is usually a female spirit
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 2:33 PM Last edited by SixStringSlim : 2nd Nov 2006 at 2:38 PM.
Keeping my bubble intact Read>>>>The Windigo *POP*
Instructor
#12 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 11:00 PM
Honey, you are so good!!! Boy have I got a great idea for you....if you go here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=208480
you will see a new group that needs your help really badly. Right now you can pic your own tribe. I am doing Nez Perce, but am willing to share with others.

When in doubt, use clean installer
Fur is protested more than leather, because it's easier to harrass old ladies than biker gangs!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 6th May 2008 at 8:36 AM
hoo-ee!! What a hottie! Where can I get me one of these in real life?

"Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever".
R.I.P Brandon Lee
Test Subject
#14 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 1:08 AM
Some of these links are broken.