Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Poolside CAS Background

by tbatch Posted 17th Sep 2006 at 10:33 AM - Updated 22nd Sep 2006 at 8:13 PM by tbatch

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 3:28 AM
your CAS screens are great, you really take them to the next level

Do not post my creations anywhere unless you have my permission

Check out my website!
Test Subject
#3 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 3:39 AM
I wish I had your kind of inspiration! Good job!

"Life is like a bed of roses, you never know when you will find a thorn..."
"Sir, the sun is about to blow-up!" "Cookies!!!"
"When life hands you cellphones, run up the bill."
Scholar
#4 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 5:15 AM
Whohooo!! Great idea, thanks a lot for uploading this
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 8:23 AM
you should NEVER tell people to delete a CAS screen, as you are deleting a Vital file that is required to run the Sims 2, and should always be backed up incase you need to restore it.
#6 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 2:56 PM
Hey thanks for this another masterpiece CAS.

AbstractSIMmer187 Has Retired From Sims 2 Creating
All Of My Creations Are Found Here
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aceman67
you should NEVER tell people to delete a CAS screen, as you are deleting a Vital file that is required to run the Sims 2, and should always be backed up incase you need to restore it.
I agree about deleting it using the Global Lots methods, as I said in the post it goes in your download folder, deleting the one in there does nothing but changes it back to the boring one! Thanks for your concern.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 9:32 PM
Thank you! You did a great job! Now, the sim in the background, does he just stand still like a statue or does he actually move around?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SparkleSim
Thank you! You did a great job! Now, the sim in the background, does he just stand still like a statue or does he actually move around?
Dont worry he moves! He moves as if you were still on the screen hes in. :D
Test Subject
#10 Old 19th Sep 2006 at 5:46 AM
First off, kudos for a great effort.

However, the shading in your CAS is a bit on the dark side and when creating sims, its hard to see how their faces look like. Because of this also, skintones, makeup all look different all of a sudden.

Another point, your CAS slows down my game considerably. It takes ages just to turn the sim around on the turntable. I do have a decent pc and I'm wondering what causes this and I have switched back to my original CAS.

Shame though, but great effort!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Sep 2006 at 12:11 PM Last edited by tbatch : 19th Sep 2006 at 4:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by arcosanti

However, the shading in your CAS is a bit on the dark side and when creating sims, its hard to see how their faces look like. Because of this also, skintones, makeup all look different all of a sudden.

Another point, your CAS slows down my game considerably. It takes ages just to turn the sim around on the turntable. I do have a decent pc and I'm wondering what causes this and I have switched back to my original CAS.

I check my CAS's and I know it looks dark, I had already mentioned that on the first post, it works fyn on mine maybe you dont have enough memory? but you make a good point tell me if it goes slow on yours aswell everyone!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 30th Sep 2006 at 3:38 PM
I love this! thank you so much
Field Researcher
#13 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by arcosanti

Yup, it's a gorgeous CAS but it was built like any other lot. The bigger the house/building and furnishings, the slower it all moves. I have 1.25 gigs of ram, it works better now than before I installed more memory.
Test Subject
#14 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 5:31 PM
Is there good enough lighting? because Too bright is annoying as is too darks

Yes, but I forgot that I already had it. Suddenly I forgot everything I remembered I had forgotten earlier, and remembered the things I forgot I remembered.