Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

7 Recolors of the School Bus *Updated* 01/10/2006

by Ashen Posted 25th Sep 2006 at 6:45 PM - Updated 14th Nov 2008 at 10:49 PM by Canoodle

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 8:43 AM
Thank you, I like them all but the black one is especially shiny :D
Mad Poster
#3 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 1:50 PM
Lovely! Thank you. Can you also make a red one?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 2:26 PM
Thanks guys!

Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
Lovely! Thank you. Can you also make a red one?

Sure, I don't see why not - got any particular shade in mind? Brighter, darker, pale ...?
Forum Resident
#5 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 10:24 PM
Cheers Ashen!, these are great - thanks for uploading & sharing with us!.

Hmmm, it's probably a bit cheeky - any chance of a blue re-colour as used by the US Military here in the UK?.

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DocFX
Cheers Ashen!, these are great - thanks for uploading & sharing with us!.

Hmmm, it's probably a bit cheeky - any chance of a blue re-colour as used by the US Military here in the UK?.

Thanks And sure, just point me to a pic so that I can determine the blue or the shade of it - I admit to never actually seeing one of those vehicles
Forum Resident
#7 Old 29th Sep 2006 at 7:52 PM Last edited by DocFX : 29th Sep 2006 at 7:58 PM. Reason: Inspiration...
Default The shade of Blue...
Quote: Originally posted by Ashen
Thanks And sure, just point me to a pic so that I can determine the blue or the shade of it - I admit to never actually seeing one of those vehicles

Okay!, not sure of the exact shade of blue - but I'll try to find out & send a 'pm' to ya - in the meantime, it might be worth checking a DVD of 'Wargames' or even 'Stargate SG-1' as there's got to be one on there somewhere! - Cheers...

Update: Just how spooky is this!, but the blue - of the blue 'T' shirt worn by Oydiegirl's avatar is almost a perfect match!.

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
Test Subject
#8 Old 29th Sep 2006 at 9:45 PM
Brilliant recolours of FP's bus!, would you mind doing a sort of military camoflage bus, for the army sims (dark/lightgreen&brown plz?

A Taylor
Like cars do you?... if you do come to sims2carsource.net always welcome new members!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Sep 2006 at 3:39 PM
@DocFX - okies, I took that color from the avatar but the in-game color actually looks different - they always do - so you can take a look-see at the bus here and let me know if you want that one uploaded or changes in shades done.

@AshleyTPlay - will this do?
Field Researcher
#10 Old 30th Sep 2006 at 8:35 PM
Excellent Colors Ashen! I Love your PF recolor Thank You!
Forum Resident
#11 Old 1st Oct 2006 at 2:14 PM
I reckon you've nailed it!...
@DocFX - okies, I took that color from the avatar but the in-game color actually looks different - they always do - so you can take a look-see at the bus here and let me know if you want that one uploaded or changes in shades done.

If I was gonna be 'Ultra-Critical' then I'd say slightly darker - but I'm not! and I'm certainly not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth! - so I reckon you've nailed it! - thanks! and I like the jungle camo version too, can't wait to download 'em - good on ya mate!...

Test Subject
#12 Old 1st Oct 2006 at 5:11 PM

Yes, as Docfx said, they both look absolutly great , cant wait for the release

A Taylor
Like cars do you?... if you do come to sims2carsource.net always welcome new members!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 1st Oct 2006 at 5:25 PM
Thanks guys, I am glad you like them and here they are, sorry you waited.

Doc, I've changed to it to a shade darker so hopefully it should be fine now and Ashley I'm glad you like yours too :D
Alchemist
#14 Old 1st Oct 2006 at 6:10 PM Last edited by pfish : 2nd Oct 2006 at 7:12 AM.
What happened to pictures?

Edit: The pictures are back now. I don't know what happened.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st Oct 2006 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pfish
What happened to pictures?

*scratches head* Hmm well I can see them just fine ... there was some trouble with the site for me earlier so just links were displayed but I see them fine now.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 6:46 PM
@Ashen, thanks for prompt & very good work - it's greatly appreciated!...

Test Subject
#17 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 5:24 PM
thank you for putting time into making this access in buy mode and the recolors
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 4:55 PM
Nice i really dont like the yellow one so its beautyfull that someone made some other GREAT!! colors for this !! thanks alot!
Test Subject
#19 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 3:40 PM
Any chance of one with tinted windows (for my vampires) or a prison recolor with bars on the windows?
Test Subject
#20 Old 27th Oct 2007 at 6:05 AM
Oooooooh, these are good! I love the black one.

I know it sounds crazy....but someone should totally do a recolor of 'Furthur' - the psychedelic hippy bus driven by Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters back in the sixties, that set off the whole hippie bus thing. It's great.
Test Subject
#21 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 6:18 AM
awesome...can u get sum in other colours?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 2:13 AM
Especially the black one.