Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Antipedestrian Garage door (global)

by jordi Posted 28th Sep 2006 at 9:38 PM

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
#2 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 9:41 PM
Will this affect cloned garage doors as well?

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 9:43 PM
Probably not, as I had to modify the base object properties.
Recolours should work fine.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 9:59 PM
Very useful, thank you.

Is it only for selectable sims or even NPC and burglars ?

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 10:07 PM
All Sims. They don't even see the garage door as a door anymore: to Sims it is a wall. Only cars can pass through.
This also means that if you neglect to add a normal doorway to the garage, Sims can get trapped inside if they exit a car
Instructor
#6 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 11:02 PM
Thank you, this hack is really useful...

/Lisen
Field Researcher
#7 Old 29th Sep 2006 at 12:44 AM
yay! if you can, I'd like for you to try to tackel street parking as a global mod.. I mean, I tried to follow the tutorial at MATY(more awesome than you) but it didn't.. it didn't really work.. I probably messed something up though
Test Subject
#8 Old 29th Sep 2006 at 7:57 PM
Thank you jordi,this should be very useful!
Test Subject
#9 Old 4th Oct 2006 at 12:53 AM
Ooh, thank you. It makes much more sense, it is kind of annoying when visiting sims enter through the garage like they own the house. lol.
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Oct 2006 at 11:09 AM
Ŧoxication: I looked into that global parking thing, but I can't get it to work. I managed to make the driveway turnable, but in the process broke the car parking on it.
I can't get street parking to work either :/
Test Subject
#11 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 1:58 AM
Wow, this is great, was hoping someone would come up with something like this. thanks Jordi!
Test Subject
#12 Old 22nd Nov 2006 at 5:09 AM
Appreciate this, rarely post but had to say thanks - really hate garage doors being used as doors.

The thots of others Were light and fleeting,
Of lovers' meeting Or luck or fame.
Mine were of trouble, And mine were steady,
So I was ready When trouble came....A.E. Housman.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 6:26 PM
Has anyone had any problems with this mod and the Pets EP? (Haven't installed this yet, so just wanted to ask first.)

Thanks.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 10:34 PM
Not that I am aware of. I use it myself with Pets.
Unless EA/Maxis is going to update the cars and driveways in a future expansion, it's a safe bet this door will keep working. I will of course check it for Seasons compatibility once it comes out.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 12:44 AM
Thankyou so much for this. My beautiful pregnant vampire walked outside throuigh the garage door when all others were locked and got herself burnt to death. Thanks goodness for saving regularly!
Scholar
#16 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 5:06 PM
I've been using this for a while, and it works like a dream, but I think my ghosts haunt the door (my garages are a bit out of the way so I haven't been able to catch them in the act, but I hear the sounds). Any chance of fixing that? Is it as simple as setting the hauntable flag in catalouge description to false in simpe?

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 6:00 PM
gwil: I am not really sure what that flag does :-}
I don't think I'll fix it either — garage doors are electronic after all, so ghosts should be able to haunt them!
Even if you can disable them from using it, they'll still be able to enter the garage through the walls.
Scholar
#18 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 11:13 PM
I'm not bothered by the ghosts being in the garage, just slightly annoyed at the sound of the door. I'll experiment a bit with it on my own. I'm installing seasons in a few days and starting fresh, so I might as well blow up my neigbourhood now and have some fun.

Instructor
#19 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 1:22 PM
LOL! You're not gonna believe this, but after I installed BV, this mod suddenly caused Crammyboy's *ahem* male equipment hack to stop working! (Definitely this one; I narrowed it down after an exhaustive search of all my downloads.) I can't fathom what a garage door has to do with an accessory object attached to a Sim, and they played fine together before (there's still no conflict report when they're scanned,) but there you have it. Changing the load order only changes it from "accessory not showing" to "accessory not showing *and* menu not available." I thought you'd want to know. XD
Test Subject
#20 Old 7th Dec 2007 at 3:49 AM
Thank you! I had a problem with sims not getting into their outerwear when they went outside because they exited through the garage! This solves the problem!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 7th May 2008 at 3:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AmberDiceless
LOL! You're not gonna believe this, but after I installed BV, this mod suddenly caused Crammyboy's *ahem* male equipment hack to stop working!

I wanted this mod but was wary of it b/c of the above warning.

Anyway, I just tried it in my game (all the EP's & SP's including FT & Kitchens/Baths) WITH the new version of Crammyboy's "accessory" () by Skaarj and it does work.

Sims do not enter via a garage door and the males remain intact. Happy day.
Test Subject
#22 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 7:09 PM
Thank you so much for this!!! Genius :o)
Test Subject
#23 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 2:44 AM
Hi there. I downloaded this (thanks again btw) but for some reason it's not working in my game. All Sims still use the garage door. I do have a regular door on the side of the garage but they still use the garage door. Does anyone know if there are any conflicting hacks that may be causing this? I am a mod & hack junkie so my game's full of them...lol
Test Subject
#24 Old 12th Dec 2008 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cmserene
Hi there. I downloaded this (thanks again btw) but for some reason it's not working in my game. All Sims still use the garage door. I do have a regular door on the side of the garage but they still use the garage door. Does anyone know if there are any conflicting hacks that may be causing this? I am a mod & hack junkie so my game's full of them...lol

After installing all the expansions, this hack still works with the OpenAuto garage door, but not the Axle garage door. I can't remember if the Axle garage door was added in one of the expansions or not.
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 11:39 PM
Thanks! It was really irritating me that they kept walking through my garage doors, and the noise and all is annoying, too!! THANK you!!!
Page 1 of 2