Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Open/Closeable Garage Door Mod

by Bobcatben Posted 4th Oct 2006 at 4:50 PM

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Oct 2006 at 5:05 PM
Super mod. thanks a bunch

RedDragon
Forum Resident
#3 Old 4th Oct 2006 at 5:08 PM
kool
i wanted something like this cos i prefer garage to be open all day and closed all night...
Forum Resident
#4 Old 4th Oct 2006 at 5:11 PM
Thank you so much Bobcatben!! :D

Subtle In Spades
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 4th Oct 2006 at 5:30 PM
Nice work! I'll try this out... Thanks for sharing!

Tiredness fuels empty thoughts
Instructor
#6 Old 4th Oct 2006 at 5:50 PM
Nice idea. I considered adding this to my antipedestrian doors but decided against it. Wonder if our mods are compatible…
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#7 Old 4th Oct 2006 at 6:00 PM
Heh, just what I was wondering
Instructor
#8 Old 4th Oct 2006 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jordi
Nice idea. I considered adding this to my antipedestrian doors but decided against it. Wonder if our mods are compatible…

Tried 'em, they seem to work fine together, though Jordi's isn't quite as easy to test. Paladin's conflict scanner turns up no problems. Nice mod, BobCatBen! :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Oct 2006 at 7:39 PM
i was going to have the close option only show up when it was open and vise versa but i couldn't get it to use the door state attribute right, no clue why it wouldn't work.

at one point i thought of making a garage door opener button mesh and making it into a object that could be placed on the wall, the sim would push it and open the door, thats a little out of my scope though.
Instructor
#10 Old 4th Oct 2006 at 8:13 PM
Thank you

Life is not every breath you take but the moments that take your breath away
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 2:41 AM
Thanks I have always wanted to have control when this door could open.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 12:47 PM
fabulos,thanks for sharing!!!
Instructor
#13 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 3:40 PM
This is very interesting. To tell you the truth, I've never put a door in my garage. Yours is going to be the first.

Thanks for sharing this!
Test Subject
#14 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 4:04 PM
And which is to it so interesting? These options are contained also with the developer Cheat, if one clicks on the garage gate. There I the Cheat always actively do not have by SimPe, need one such a thing Apology for the criticism, but it is like that.
A switch or in the kind I find a good idea, with a lock, best but I white not whether such a thing would function, because with windshield frame section 2 is not unfortunately everything possible, also with to chop…

Den

Simtastic-Form

(In German)
Scholar
#15 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 11:40 PM
very neat idea, wow the remote controled mod would be the best once you find out how to make it ^__^, thank you very much for this wesome mod

The rest of my skins can be found in my blog
http://navetsea.blogspot.com
Test Subject
#16 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 12:05 AM
Default Wow
This should help a ton.
Thanks for the mod!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 6:19 AM
wow kewl i needed it lol thanx

astro;zombie;;<3
Instructor
#18 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 1:43 PM
I got the Jordi Antipedestrial garage door and am also interested to know if they conflict.
As it was possible to include a debug to the garage door, I wonder if it is possible to make something like a ring bell to front doors. I suffer with a problem that visitors ring at the front door and run to the back door to ring again. I have a front door hack but it doesn't change this. I wondered about a call button available at the elevators and thought if any meshmaker/modder could take it and make it to an element that could be placed on a door and classify it as Front Door. It is really unlogical that visitors can ring at any door (including the garage door or even a bathroom door, if outside).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 11:33 PM
this shouldn't conflict with any of the anti pedestrian stuff, it only changes the pie menu.
Test Subject
#20 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 3:59 AM
Default riiiiiight
For some reason i cannot clean my toilets after i installed this.
Instructor
#21 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 11:32 PM
Any idea whether this works with Pets?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 4:39 AM
just checked the files, it should have no issues with pets.
Test Subject
#23 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 1:47 PM
Yo you could pull the animations from the thing when the sims lock their car with the remote...but i have no idea how to do it...just an idea...sorry

Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 11:29 AM
Handy for a 'Kwik-Fit' style garage I plan to make one day... Thanks ;D
Banned Asshat
#25 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jrs4cheri
Yo you could pull the animations from the thing when the sims lock their car with the remote...but i have no idea how to do it...just an idea...sorry

That animation you can easily pull out but the linking/bhav's would be the hard part i think.

Awesome download this is!!
Thank you very much!
Page 1 of 2