Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 11:20 AM Last edited by Delphy : 8th Oct 2006 at 11:26 AM.
Default Revamp of donation scheme
Hi All,

As you know, MTS2 is a free site, and survives on donations and subscriptions from member and some ad revenue. We've been running this way for 2 and and a half years now, and I feel it's time to give something back to those that contribute through subscriptions.

We've revamped the subscriptions to reduce it down to 3. These are:

MTS2 Supporter - $5 a month. Increased PM inbox to 125 messages.
MTS2 Fan Club - $10 a month. Increased avatar size to 100x100 with a 65k filesize. Increased PM inbox to 150 messages.
MTS2 Addict - $15 a month. Increased avatar size to 110x110 with a 65k filesize. Increased PM inbox to 200 messages. One time custom title of your choice.

All subscribers get the following:
- Ads free option
- Simolean icon (colour based on level)
- Subscriber only fileserver (see below)

Coming soon, all subscribers will also get access to a secondary fileserver, which will provide faster downloads for them during peak hours.

Please note that if you cancel your subscription you revert back to a normal member and lose any bonuses, and access to the extra fileserver.

I'd also like to point out that just becuase we have subscribers doesn't mean we'll restrict content to subscribers only - we have never done that and never will. All content on MTS2 is free, and it's only through the kind and generous donations of the supporters that we stay open, so this is for you all - thank you!

Regards
Delphy and the MTS2 Staff

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
2 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 1:37 PM
woohooo
Well done Delphy and the MTS2 Staff. Without this site I would be lost.
P.S. Delphy, I thought you mite be on holidays as there hadnt been any new site news lateley. lol

Love to you all.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 2:07 PM
Why not... I dont suscribe to have something more than the other members but to help an awesome site to continue to live and because i can do it.
But thank you Delphy and all the MTS2 staff

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 2:13 PM
Heh, the special file server will be nice. I would have subscribed specially for that perk, if I hadn't already done so :D
Test Subject
#5 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 2:21 PM
Thanks, for the little perks but I also subscribe because I believe this is the best sims 2 site out there. I might actually try to make a few things myself (scary thought for this computer dumb 45 year old)
Instructor
#6 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 4:19 PM
Thanks, that sounds very cool, great idea, hey, i might just start subscribing!
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 4:44 PM
Wonderful news Delphy! I suscribed to support the fabulous work you guys do. The downloads are amazing, and your tutorials and game help are lifesavers!

Thank you for the extra perks! :D
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
#8 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 7:51 PM
"one time custom title" hmmm. That alone is worth the top level... Thanks so much for all you do to keep this site up and running, you and all the staff here. Excellent incentives for donations, too.

If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right.
SO much to do and so many other things to distract me.
Scholar
#9 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 7:58 PM
Over the months, and now years, I have paid much more in monthly payments to MTS2 than I have spent on the Sims2 games.

It is worth every nickel, dime, simolean. Without this site, the Sims would have soon been languishing in my shelf. Bravo! Keep up the good work!

Imagine a world without hypothetical situations
Scholar
#10 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 8:45 PM
Thanks, Delphy! That custom title thing makes me really want to be a 15 dollar supporter. Sadly, I am only 13 and can't manage to support the site, but I think I may get around there somehow You deserve every penny of donation money given to the site! Where would the Sims 2 be without MTS2? Where would Maxis be?

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

I'm currently taking requests until August 12th.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 9:44 PM
Wow Delphy, this is a great idea! Unfortunately i wont be able to help since I am underage, but I really hope you get some more supporters

Do not post my creations anywhere unless you have my permission

Check out my website!
Scholar
#12 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 9:56 PM
Sounds great, I'll think about it.

The First Time I saw him....I knew he was the one.
Currently:A Model.
Test Subject
#13 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 10:16 PM
I wish i can support MST2 but i'm only 12 and don't hace a Credit Card
Instructor
#14 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 11:05 PM
Good idea, when I read the first part I assumed that they would be getting special items and was a little mad, but I think this system is much better . It's a great way to reward people for supporting MTS2 without restricting everyone else.
evil, creative, daredevil, hopeless romantic, genius
retired moderator
#15 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 11:58 PM
Thanks Delphy! I would support this site with or without the perks, because I believe it to be the absolute best Sims 2 site on the planet. However, it's nice to be recognized.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeno peppers…
What you do today, might Burn Your Ass Tomorrow
Inventor
#16 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 12:17 AM
If I were to change from a 5.00 donator to a 10.00 donator, how would I go about doing that without turning into a 15.00 donator? Just add another 5.00 donator option or is there a way to remove the 5.00 donator option and just add a 10.00 donation option?

Thanks

Have a great week!

"Xts"

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 3:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by XTS
If I were to change from a 5.00 donator to a 10.00 donator, how would I go about doing that without turning into a 15.00 donator? Just add another 5.00 donator option or is there a way to remove the 5.00 donator option and just add a 10.00 donation option?

Couldn't you just cancel your 5.00 subscription and sign up for the 10.00?

Do not post my creations anywhere unless you have my permission

Check out my website!
Test Subject
#18 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 4:41 AM
I cant pay per month but i would like to make a donation.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 4:48 AM
Thanks!
Love the site - I have donated in the past but I think a subscription makes a lot more sense.
Inventor
#20 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 6:22 AM Last edited by XTS : 9th Oct 2006 at 9:12 AM. Reason: Typos (sigh)
cancelling and renewing.. timing with payday.
Quote: Originally posted by djsclaus
Couldn't you just cancel your 5.00 subscription and sign up for the 10.00?

Certainly, if it offers that. I've actually never checked into cancelling it so I wouldn't even know how to begin. Also, I believe that you must cancel when you are ready to upgrade, but making sure the date it falls on is a date you'll have funds available, which is why I'd rather not accidentally cancel it just yet. I'd like to only risk cancelling when I know I can resubscribe

I hope it's not a problem I'd prefer to ask in advance on the topic.

Thanks for the idea. Sounds feasible to me so long as it doesn't interrupt any current support payments.

Thank you again!

"Xts"

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Mad Poster
#21 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 8:46 AM
The best would be a "change subscription to..." choice, I dont know if it is possible.

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#22 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 8:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dogman
I wish i can support MST2 but i'm only 12 and don't hace a Credit Card

Um... you might wish you hadn't said that. Or has the age restriction been relaxed now?
Inventor
#23 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 9:08 AM
Default I don't think I can change it, only add or cancel and redo?
Quote: Originally posted by patul
The best would be a "change subscription to..." choice, I dont know if it is possible.

I'd like to try that but I don't think that is one of the options.

I'm looking again to see if I can figure it out.

Looks like I'd have to add yet another 5.00 a month or cancel and do a 10.00 a month subscription. I think that's my only alternatives so I think I might have to wait.

I don't see an option to change.

Great idea though, thank you!

"xts"

EDIT: Please note I am an addict of MTS2, I just can't afford the title! lol

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#24 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 9:15 AM
Inge, look underneath his name....

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#25 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 9:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MsPiaGlass
I cant pay per month but i would like to make a donation.

i cant pay per month either as i have no credit card and no paypal, but i would like to support occasionally, any suggestions on how?
Page 1 of 3