Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ye Olde 20th Century Banners (light) & 5 Recolors- Sims 1

by Corsetcrush Posted 9th Oct 2006 at 11:21 PM - Updated 1st Sep 2008 at 12:09 PM by Corsetcrush : Required site uploads update

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts
Scholar
#2 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 11:27 PM
Omgomgomgomgomg I Love You!
Yay! Holy Cow! Yay!
*****!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 12:06 AM
Oh wow-wow-wowie, these are really good! I can't wait to add them to my community lots! :D

Let me guess, you picked out yet another colorful box with a crank that I'm expected to turn and turn until OOP! big shock, a jack pops out and you laugh and the kids laugh and the dog laughs and I die a little inside. - Stewie (Family Guy)
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#4 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 12:44 AM
These lights were always one of my favorite neighborhood decorations, and I was really disappointed that nothing like them was included in TS2. I'm so glad that you decided to update the game by creating these--they look great!

There's always money in the banana stand.
Test Subject
#5 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 1:24 AM
Thank you so much to bring the many beauties of Sims 1 left behind. Keep 'em coming!
Test Subject
#6 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 1:46 AM
Way cool was just playing the sims 1 and i was thinking just how much i missed that streetlight with that banner so thank you so much for this
Just love it. :D
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 2:48 AM
What a great job! Thanks a lot, will really help decorating my community lots. The banners have pretty good quality as well it seems. :D

Check out my uploads here!
Feel free to email, PM, or IM me!
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 6:44 AM
Now this is so great!! It will be a must in all the community lots, thank you.
Alchemist
#9 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 7:49 AM
Well done, I'm one of those who miss sims1 stuff. Nice banner subjects, too. Thanks a nd ciao.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 9:31 AM
really nice and useful, thank you Corsetcrush

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 8:26 PM
wow..i can't beleive it's back..it looks great

HEY! Hey You! Yea YOU The One Reading My Signature! Come To My Site!
..::The Sims 2 Underground::..
Become Part Of The Comunity Today!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 5:53 AM
That is sooo cool,thanks for sharing
Field Researcher
#13 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 6:27 AM
Oooooh, thank youuu! This is totally awesome...

At first I thought this was for TS1 - and I was like, "This is ModTheSims2!! Hehheh.. But this is fantastic! A great addition!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 7:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by acelsey19861
Oooooh, thank youuu! This is totally awesome...

At first I thought this was for TS1 - and I was like, "This is ModTheSims2!! Hehheh.. But this is fantastic! A great addition!

That's the second comment I've gotten like that. I add the original pic and Sims 1 in the title to make it easy for people to find my Sims 1 stuff. I know I've been waiting a long time to start to see these things converted, but was also concerned that it wouldn't be done 'right'.

I would have started on my conversion project quite some time ago, but it wasn't until recently when I was able to finally regester Milkshape. It's one of the best $30 I ever spent.

I'm glad you like them though! I'd love suggeestions of the 'most missed Sims 1 objects' so I'd have an idea what to work on next.

~Corsetcrush
Forum Resident
#15 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 6:53 PM
This is so awesome!!! Thanks, their perfect :D

Can't install .rar files? I recommend: Sim File Maid 2

Imma Scene_Core_Dinosawr_x
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 2:51 AM
This is AMAZINGLY similiar to the original!!! You did a GREAT job!!!! :D
In my opinion this should be featured :D
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 10:27 PM
You do GREAT work! Both this light and the bed you have recreated are simply lovely. All I can say is Wow!

It must be tremendously difficult to convert a 2D object from TS1 to 3D for TS2, so I hesitate to ask for too much, but you did say you wanted suggestions...

My favorite set of all time is still the "New Orleans French Quarter" furniture from TS1-Unleashed. Maxis had given us similar [enough] light fixtures, but I'd love to get some of the furniture back! It was SOOOO beautiful! The arm-chairs with the gold upholstery, the coffee table with wrought iron legs, the candle-stick lamp, and the white-wrought iron patio set where some of my favorite pieces in TS1!

If the 'New Orleans' theme is too complicated [as I recall it was pretty ornate], how about the original 'Mad Scientist's Castle' theme from "Livin' Large"? I was extremely disappointed by the medieval theme that came with "University". Specifically, I'd love to see the upholstered living room chair [it almost matches the expensive loveseat from TS2] and sofa, the head-in-a-jar [or just the table it sat on], the tiger-skin and bear-skin rugs, the expensive three-legged end-table, the cool dining table [although a smaller version might be better] and the candle-stands. I know that others have made similar stuff - but you actually recreate the EXACT thing! [Did I mention that that blows my mind?].

Okay, I stop before I get greedy.... [seriously, I could give you a list five miles long!]

That you again for making - and sharing! - such wonderful downloads!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 5:43 AM
Yeah, 20'th century really IS old. lol. Thanks! I love!
Test Subject
#19 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 12:49 PM
WOW THANKYOU!!!!!!!! I've always wanter these. Another thing I miss is that Vacation light up sign for the wall anyone else remember?
Test Subject
#20 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 9:10 AM
Nostalgia :D
I played Sims 1 as late as yesterday, and I love this.
Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 9th Feb 2009 at 8:55 AM Last edited by nenekijah : 9th Feb 2009 at 9:00 AM. Reason: I have to add more things.
La la
Nicely done! I like it! Going back down Sim Lane.
I keep a list of things I miss from The Sims 1

- The Golden David sculpture
- The Drinking Bar (1 tile)
- Far-Tronic Bubble-Window (Livin' Large)
- Pool Table
- Cast Iron cafe (Unleashed)
- Wooden pantry
- The small turtle aquarium-thingy
- Windchimes
- The Fashion career
- The Circus career

Hope this helps.