Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New Meshes and recolors- Electrical Outlets (low and high)

by ly_drago Posted 18th Oct 2006 at 9:29 PM - Updated 18th Oct 2006 at 9:31 PM by ly_drago : wrong category

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Alchemist
#2 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 9:31 PM
Both of your outlets look great.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Test Subject
#3 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 9:32 PM
I'm lovin it!

♦Heavily Medicated For Your Protection!♦
Instructor
#4 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 10:10 PM
Thank you for making my houses in Sims 2 look even more realistic!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 10:17 PM
Wow, that's pretty cool... I love details... o_o
Test Subject
#6 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 12:17 AM
Sweet! Thanks!
Test Subject
#7 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 3:24 AM
thanks!!! that is reaaly useful

ps:this is not sarcasm. REAALY!

VIVA MEXICO!
Forum Resident
#8 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 4:34 AM
Thanks for making my sim's houses more realistic!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 1:36 PM
Ha, ha, ha, ha!!! I never came to that idea! Well done

()()
( ':')
c(ll)(ll) Prison Break Rules
Test Subject
#10 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 10:51 PM
finally no more electronics with their own power supply
Test Subject
#11 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 3:59 AM
you just made my day! i've been on the prowl for ages for an outlet. hope you can also do en electric light switch -- with single, double or triple levers. plain white switch plate will do, to be placed on the mid-upper part of the wall where it usually goes. thanks a lot friend!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 8:58 PM
I have light switches in my game but can't remember where I got them from. They are neat because they turn all the lights on or off for a room.
Test Subject
#13 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 4:16 PM
cool, i will use them loads

P.S. can i make British and austrailian versions of them?

I can do unlocked objects and CAS screens on request only. I do Lots on request and not.
Now what's this link do...
Find out by clicking it! This is the Link
Test Subject
#14 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ly_drago
I have light switches in my game but can't remember where I got them from. They are neat because they turn all the lights on or off for a room.

if u could post the link for those light switches, that'd be so cool, to match your outlets . . .
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 2:34 AM
Sim2Lew, I can make British and Australian versions of them. Just give me a little time.

fidodi, I got the light switches from the sims resource.
Test Subject
#16 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 11:52 PM
Default Thanks!
Thanks so mcuh, they look great! Ive been looking and waiting for outlet for ever. I am also looking for switches, it would be great if you could make those. I know sims resource has both swithces, and outlets, but im on a free accont, and am to impatient to wait if they ever go free
Thanks again! Keep up the good work!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 6:39 PM Last edited by ly_drago : 26th Oct 2006 at 6:48 PM.
I can try to make a mesh for light switches. It took me about a week and a half to do this mesh (of course this was my first mesh) and I also want to do a floor version and versions that sit on the left and right sides of the walls of the outlet. Plus am working on British and Aus versions but they won't be completed until SimPE for Pets is out as I now have Pets installed.

I also thought about a combination light switch and outlet.

I made this in the first place because I too had searched all over and couldn't find an electrical outlet I liked. There is another one here on MTS2 I believe but I don't think I've ever seen one on TSR and I am a paid member there. I have wanted to get into meshing for a long time but never found a good project to start with until this. I had decided if I couldn't find it, I was going to try to make it. I think it turned out pretty good for a first mesh.
Alchemist
#18 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 7:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sim2Lew
cool, i will use them loads

P.S. can i make British and austrailian versions of them?

I never hear of British and Austrailian versions before. How are they different from these mesh electric outlets here?

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 3:18 AM
The prongs are different.

Haven't really gotten anything accomplished the last couple weeks as I haven't felt well at all.
Space Pony
#20 Old 17th Nov 2006 at 7:08 AM Last edited by Cazkiwi : 17th Nov 2006 at 7:31 AM.
Ya, our prongs are different. We have 3, arranged like this

/ \
|

:D

Maybe I shoulda just put a piccie

** Pssst... These are great.... I love clutter and the little things like this I also had the switches talked about above... I think they were from TSR by toddfx, but they're on pay at the mo
Eric from insim has some too, with a wall dimmer... tres kewl! However, I love these too, cos I love to have different switches and diff decor in houses, so they are much appreciated! Thank you for sharing!

If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so astonished!
Alchemist
#21 Old 17th Nov 2006 at 7:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cazkiwi
Ya, our prongs are different. We have 3, arranged like this

/ \
|

:D

Maybe I shoulda just put a piccie

I get it now. Thank for the picture.

Test Subject
#22 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 10:45 AM
Thank you so much for these! Will check back, because I look forward to the light switches too. I just want decorative ones, I'm fine with the maxis lighting. :D

You always said how lucky you were that we were all friends. But it was us, baby, who were the lucky ones. - RENT

Hitchhiking's good. Towels are good, too. - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Test Subject
#23 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 5:14 PM
These are great, I love the realistic look they give to my Sim homes.
Thank You
Field Researcher
#24 Old 26th Nov 2006 at 12:39 AM
Well plug me in and turn me on,I love it,Thanxs a bunch.......
Forum Resident
#25 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 3:07 AM
OMG not what I was looking for, but I adore these totally forgot about sockets!! Amazing job!

Sims Utopia...where your sims dreams become reality!

Click above to check out my site for more updates :)

New Roleplay site Sims Utopia the town that never dies..
Page 1 of 2