Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 11:06 PM Last edited by khakidoo : 18th Oct 2006 at 11:12 PM.
Many Error Msgs--Files Being Deleted-including the CEP-Screenshots-
I first noticed this error when preparing my last lot for upload. I ended up taking all other CC out of my downloads folder prior to uploading to a package - now I'm working on a new lot and am having the same trouble

I ran Clean Installer on the packaged lot, removed the items I needed to, and then saved it as whatever but as it finished it popped up this error message.

When I ok away'd the error message window, all of the floors, walls, and 2/3's of the the items that I had left in the 'saved as' package were gone.

Perplexed, I checked what version I had, had there been an update?
I clicked the update button, and received this error message....

I went to the website - it seemed I had the current version...I still decided to uninstall the Clean Installer, download and reinstall it. I ran the packaged lot again.....same error....Checked the update button again ....same error......

At one point I opened up Clean Installer and chose my downloads directory, and I received an error message, I'm reasonably sure it was identical to the error I show in the first pic....However I don't want to re-enact it for a screenshot because I'm almost certain that it is what made this : http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...128#post1435128 happen to my CEP I do notice another post on here about one of these error messages, so at least I know I'm not alone.....oh and another important note

These errors didn't start until after I installed glamour life, and I do not yet have pets.

Thanks for reading me

Subtle In Spades
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#2 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 9:55 AM
Won't someone please help me?

Subtle In Spades
The ModFather
retired moderator
#3 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 3:16 PM
The second error, when you checked online if your version was up-to-date, it's normal (sadly to say): the remote server doesn't provide any more the version info, because the CI is basically discontinued.

The cause of the first error, on the other hand, is harder to guess. From what I can read (that message is just the tip of the iceberg...), I understand that CI can't recognige the format of a particular package in your Downloads: more precisely, one of the packages included in the lot.

I can't have the faintest idea about *which* package is not recognized; I can only say that so far CI had no problems in recognizing the CEP packages.

Try this:
1) Remove half of the packages from the downloads, run the CI and scan the downloads
2) if you get the error, you are sure that the faulty package is between the half still in the downloads: remove an half of the package in the Downloads, and repeat the scan
3) if you don't get any error, then the faulty package is in the *other* half of the packages, i.e. the ones you have lastly moved out of the Downloads.

Repeat by trials and errors until you tighten the rope around the guilty one...

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 9:07 PM
Molte grazie! Now I'm off to hunt down the culprit package

Subtle In Spades
Test Subject
#5 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 12:20 AM
Did you find the problem? I think that's what it was doing to me, and so I uninstalled it. Now I can't re-download 1.5.1.4! It says the file is corrupted. Maybe the new version is corrupted?
Test Subject
#6 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 9:21 PM
I've had this happen many times. It's usually a corupt file on the lot. What Numenor suggested is about the only way to find the culprit. Once I find the bad file I take it out of my downloads folder permanently. This usually solves this issue.

Catherine