Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Frames for custom paintings - Updated 25/10

by Shoukeir Posted 23rd Oct 2006 at 8:08 PM - Updated 17th Sep 2007 at 1:33 AM by Shoukeir

41 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 39 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 8:12 PM
Genius idea!
I love the colour, they are going to go really well with my paintings.
Thanks a bunch
RVP

"Ever wonder if the light goes out when you close the fridge door? Well, yes it does." - the milk
Scholar
#3 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 8:40 PM
That's an excellent idea ! For a better presentation of sim's work ! Thanks a lot !!
Test Subject
#4 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 8:50 PM
Realy nice idea!
Thank a lot for that
Retired Live Chat Moderator
#5 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 8:57 PM
That's an absolute gobsmackingly fantastic idea. Well done.
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 9:32 PM
Great idea,but...what do you mean by saying that I should press Ctrl+Alt to place the frame over the painting?
Alchemist
#7 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 9:36 PM
Your frames are very pretty.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 9:52 PM
This is a beautiful and wonderful idea.. very needed as well. I am so happy you thought about and decided to share it.

Thank you so much for sharing it,
Makai

Live Well
Laugh Often
Love Much

"If you don't live for something...You'll die for nothing.."
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#9 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 10:10 PM
An idea as I like it so be!
Cool genius!

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#10 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 11:04 PM
These are gorgeous, Shoukeir! And they'll come in handy now that custom paintings are easier with Pets. Thanks for the ctrl-alt tip too. :D
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 1:00 AM
Thanks - I didn't know this was something I couldn't live without until I saw your thread! :P
Test Subject
#12 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 2:33 AM
What a great idea - thank you!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 2:56 AM
Thanks Good Idea!!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 3:25 AM
What a wonderful idea, thanks.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 4:01 AM
Excellent--thanks!
Test Subject
#16 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 4:38 AM
This is nice! These look like real quality frames.

I've seen frames like these before, so I have a question: Do they still show up on the wall even when Object Hiding is on? The last frame like this I downloaded didn't fade with the painting, so when I had my walls down I had a big old frame on the wall obscuring my view. I hope yours is better in this regard.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 7:39 AM
DEAR GOD! -clings and loves on-

Every time I'm away from the computer, I think "I have to remember to request someone make a frame to hide the godawful ghetto-edge on those paintings.." then I get to the comp and forget to post it. Each of my families paints portraits of each member at each age transition, soon to all be placed in various "Founding Family Museum" lots. I dreaded the thought of slapping a bunch of canvases on the walls. lol

3/31-4/1: I survived The Great Llama Day of 2006

"Flaming sims aren't much fun, they don't come when you call, they don't even try." - Iscariot on sim+firejet=?
Field Researcher
#18 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 8:07 AM
Aww great idea, I always wanted to have frames for custom canvas Now it's possible, thank you !
Test Subject
#19 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 10:08 AM
Thanks a lot for creating these frames. I just tested them in my game, it looks great! Now I have a reason to keep these paintings. :D

Creators, the Color Binning Tool for hair is your new best friend ♥
Field Researcher
#20 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 10:13 AM
wow - you did it, was waiting for something like this. Thanks for creating and sharing
Test Subject
#21 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 10:35 AM
love it! This is what i've been looking for. thanks
Instructor
#22 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 10:57 AM
Thank you. This will be extremely useful. I love it.

Nutty Sims Mommy.
Test Subject
#23 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 11:28 AM
These are great Thanks a lot!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 12:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sapnish
This is nice! These look like real quality frames.

I've seen frames like these before, so I have a question: Do they still show up on the wall even when Object Hiding is on? The last frame like this I downloaded didn't fade with the painting, so when I had my walls down I had a big old frame on the wall obscuring my view. I hope yours is better in this regard.

The frames do not show up when you down the walls, just like any default paintings.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 3:58 PM
these look really good,...but what do you mean by custom paintings?
Page 1 of 2