Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gain cooking skill points extremely fast with Magic Candy Factory - Update SSN info

by CtfG Posted 24th Oct 2006 at 6:17 PM - Updated 1st Apr 2008 at 9:55 AM by CtfG : Update FREETIME info

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 8:40 PM
wow! it rocks! is it possible you could make a magic creative booster(guitar would be the best)? cheers
nandojoe
Instructor
#3 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 8:48 PM
CtfG already has a Magic Easel, nandojoe.

And... um, this might be awkward, CtfG, but... I want the cute teenager you have modeling your Magic Candy Factory almost as much as I want the actual factory!

Downloading and thanking, as always! ^_^

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 11:43 PM
I never download hacks like this, it makes the game less fun. If you want everything to be finished very soon, then there is no time to spend making it happen the regular way, then the game gets boring right away. Just like if you won the lottery ticket every single time every single day, it would become dull in a few days, and your happiness will go.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 12:36 AM Last edited by CtfG : 25th Oct 2006 at 12:45 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by someone2
I never download hacks like this, it makes the game less fun. If you want everything to be finished very soon, then there is no time to spend making it happen the regular way, then the game gets boring right away. Just like if you won the lottery ticket every single time every single day, it would become dull in a few days, and your happiness will go.

It may astonish you, but I agree completely. I do not use cheats like "motherload" to increase family funds, and I don't use the boolProp cheat to raise the skills with a click of the mouse. But... You can buy a PC for $500, and you can buy one for $2,000. The expensive PC has a faster CPU, a better graphics card, more RAM and so on. It will handle 3D games better than a cheap PC, it will calculate faster... That's why I made the Magic objects so expensive. You can cross the USA in a VW or in a Porsche. The game TS2 offers the VW, so to speak, while I offer the Porsche

Quote: Originally posted by nandojoe
is it possible you could make a magic creative booster(guitar would be the best)? cheers

Proxian_girl is right. Please have a look into the Readme file; it includes the links to all the other Magic Skill objects.

Quote: Originally posted by Proxian_girl
I want the cute teenager you have modeling your Magic Candy Factory almost as much as I want the actual factory!

That means a lot of work... I made the face and the hair, but don't ask me who made the dress. I only know that it comes from this site, but I've lost the link to the mesh and the dress. If you still want the sim and the hair, please PM me your mail addy.
Instructor
#6 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 4:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CtfG
That means a lot of work... I made the face and the hair, but don't ask me who made the dress. I only know that it comes from this site, but I've lost the link to the mesh and the dress. If you still want the sim and the hair, please PM me your mail addy.

I don't really need her, if it's that much trouble. I cause you too much trouble already!

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 7:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Proxian_girl
I don't really need her, if it's that much trouble. I cause you too much trouble already!

Nonono! There are some other players who have the same problem: my objects don't show up when only the original game is installed. I need to get my shovel and start digging. I'll get back here when I found out what is happening.
Test Subject
#8 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 8:46 AM
thanks for all the updates about the magic products by CtfG. Thanks for making the easle, now my blink 182 family (besides travis, im trying to make him at the mo,) are the best rockers in strange town!Cheers!

nandojoe
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 10:44 AM
The problem with my objects not showing up in the base game is kind of solved. Please read here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=193604, post #23.
Instructor
#10 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 4:49 PM
*reads* Oh... It's okay, then. The problem was on my part after all-- I can't afford to get the expansions (and am too inept to play with them!). You did do your best, and it's apparent that your items DO work, so I don't regret thanking you for any of them! Best of luck to you in all future efforts, CtfG, and thank you for helping everyone out with this situation!

Good to hear that, nandojoe!

Test Subject
#11 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 3:09 AM Last edited by simmer1949 : 5th Feb 2007 at 3:13 AM. Reason: It downloaded finally!
I am getting an error message when I try to download this - the other "magic" items I downloaded were fine. It said something about a split something, corruptand other computer-ese language I don't speak. I know unzip and download (I know, that's sad). Oh well!

Pat

PS Just tried for the 3rd time with that Q looking program and it worked. Off to try it out. :lovestruc
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 10:53 AM
Good to hear that, simmer1949

Let Teens Live Alone With TeenStar PC
Let Teens Adopt A Baby/Toddler/Child
>>> Check my profile page for further hacks <<<
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 9:14 PM
Update 2007-03-29
This hack works with SEASONS. No modifications necessary.

Test Subject
#14 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 12:39 PM
I added this to my game with Bon Voyage and I get an error about Direct3D and it crashed. Is this supposed to happen or is it not updated to work with Bon Voyage just yet?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 9:56 AM
Update 2008-04-01
This object is outdated by EP7 "FreeTime" and no longer supported. For further details, please check: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...558#post1919558

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 9:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by honey_bunny
I added this to my game with Bon Voyage and I get an error about Direct3D and it crashed. Is this supposed to happen or is it not updated to work with Bon Voyage just yet?

In general, installing the latest drivers for your graphics adapter and / or installing the latest DirectX will solve these kind of problems. This object works with Bon Voyage, but keeping the drivers up to date is never wrong

Test Subject
#17 Old 6th Nov 2008 at 4:01 PM
Will this work without the expansions?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#18 Old 6th Nov 2008 at 4:07 PM
Reading the first post and the warning about the EP7, I'd say that this mod still works fine with no EPs, or with EPs up to Seasons.
In any case, the mod is "unsupported", meaning that bug reports will be ignored, and no support will be offered by the creator (nor his successor).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Instructor
#19 Old 6th May 2010 at 1:30 AM
Works well with Freetime and Apartment Life. However, it's not supported anymore, so use it with your own risk.
Test Subject
#20 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 8:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whitehibiscus
Will this work without the expansions?

No, it won't. Just download the expansions from piratebay and you can use this
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 2nd Mar 2017 at 8:27 AM
muito obrigado