Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Game Design Career *Beta 2* *Testers Wanted*

by warlord57 Posted 30th Oct 2006 at 6:56 AM - Updated 2nd Nov 2006 at 1:20 AM by warlord57 : New Version Release

14 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 7:19 AM
Perfect for any Will Wright sim. Ty babe. xx
Instructor
#3 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 7:42 AM
I think you may have posted this to soon. There needs to be more of a description. It seems to be an interesting career, though, so, if you update with more info that would be great. It's a nice beginning.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 9:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by keirra
I think you may have posted this to soon. There needs to be more of a description. It seems to be an interesting career, though, so, if you update with more info that would be great. It's a nice beginning.

I think Warlord57 wanted folks to test it before he (eh...she?) went much further with it. Since the request was for Beta Testers, this isn't being offered as a finished project.

I'll try it, Warlord. I have a modding career but would be interested in something more realistic. It just takes my sims a while to move through things.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 3:25 PM
VerDeTerre is correct I want to make sure the career works well and each level works. If you have any suggestion about time and days the levels should be (atm the first 8 levels are like a full time job from 9am to 5pm) that will be nice. I am working on descriptions for each level now. If a chance card pops up let me know since they should all be turned off for now but I could of missed one.

I am trying to make this a career track not easy to go through with just a few skills and friends so I am still tweaking the promotion skills and friends. So far it focuses on mainly 4 skills and for the top level needing 8 friends (same as Business career but may change)

Thanks for your comments and I should have an update soon.
Test Subject
#6 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 6:10 AM
OI Can I Modify This Career I Think The Chance Card Is Awful!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by albert_cool
OI Can I Modify This Career I Think The Chance Card Is Awful!!!
There shouldn't be any chance cards in this version. I am working on the chance cards now but is taking some time since it involves alot of writing stuff If a chance card does pop up just ignore it. The first level chance card if there is one poping up should be blank and the rest if not blank they are the same from the business career track.

No you can't modify it, however if you have ideas for some chance cards then lemme know since I still need chance cards for all levels except the first one.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 1:21 AM
Update 11-01-06 :

The release of beta 2 is here.

If you have beta 1 please delete beta 1 before installing beta 2 since the filenames are not the same and may cause conflict or the wrong version to load.

Updates in Beta 2:
  • Added custom icons
  • Added descriptions for all levels of the career track
  • Added 1 chance card for level 1 (Working on the rest now)
  • Tweaked the promotion requirements
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 10:50 PM
verry cool
i love it
Mad Poster
#10 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 12:04 AM
Hi warlord,

I finally tested the career. I like the icon and I like the idea very much, but I'm not keen about the pay scale. For one thing, it's too much money at each step until maybe near the end. I like my sims to work towards something, to not have it too easy. I like the challenge of trying to live within a budget of sorts. The other part about the pay scale that doesn't work for me is that, at level nine the sim gets $3425 five days a week, or $ 17,125 a week. When he's promoted to the top he goes down in salary to $4450 three times a week, or $13,350 a week. I think you've got a fun career here, maybe you could adjust the pay a little. Other than than, it worked just fine and I enjoyed the descriptions and the job requirements.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#11 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 8:23 AM
I agree with the person above me. But good career .
Field Researcher
#12 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 9:51 PM
This is the career my husband is going to school for right now! The only thing I don't like is what you said about needing tons of friends in order to get promoted. My Sims don't normally have 8 friends. Still, I'm definitely going to download this when it's finished.
shiny!
retired moderator
#13 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 7:49 PM
Does this work with Pets?
#14 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 11:15 PM
Is there any more updates?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 6:10 PM
Thank You