Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Teens teach themselves how to do Homework

by CtfG Posted 5th Nov 2006 at 8:30 PM - Updated 29th May 2008 at 6:14 AM by CtfG : SSN info

42 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 40 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 8:52 PM
Is this mod works in real life ? I know many parents to use it
Thank you CtfG

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Forum Resident
#3 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 9:20 PM
Thanks so much! Brilliant idea!!! Thank You! :D

Can't install .rar files? I recommend: Sim File Maid 2

Imma Scene_Core_Dinosawr_x
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 9:22 PM
Thanks! It would be nice for kids too :D
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 9:34 PM
Great Creation. How did you get the secondary skills bar up for your sim ?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kerkon
Great Creation. How did you get the secondary skills bar up for your sim ?

The skills bar is going to be an extension for my TeenStar PC. I'm working on several functions which shall be implemented when they work the way I plan. This skill message was just a small tool to show me certain parameters of the active sim, in this case the homework skill

Let Teens Live Alone With TeenStar PC
Let Teens Adopt A Baby/Toddler/Child
>>> Check my profile page for further hacks <<<
Instructor
#7 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 10:16 PM
Oooooh. Most of my sims learn this as kids from their parents, but... *downloads and thanks as usual!*

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
Test Subject
#8 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 1:22 AM
This is a very good idea. Thank you for sharing. It will be very useful Good Job!

"I will wait for you," she said, "endlessly..."
TOM
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 1:57 AM
This looks like something I'd want to try. Thank you.
Test Subject
#10 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 1:59 AM
Great idea. I am wondering, though, if it is compatible with Jenflower's Homework Sometimes mod, TwoJeff's School Bus & Bring Friend Home Dialogs mod, and Syberspunk's Harder Grades mod?

I realize you might not know about the compatibility with all of those, but I figured I'd ask anyway.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 3:06 AM
That's a pretty cool mod. Thanks for making it. *downloads*
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 8:48 AM Last edited by CtfG : 6th Nov 2006 at 8:59 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by asciident
Great idea. I am wondering, though, if it is compatible with Jenflower's Homework Sometimes mod, TwoJeff's School Bus & Bring Friend Home Dialogs mod, and Syberspunk's Harder Grades mod?

I realize you might not know about the compatibility with all of those, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

My mod uses the instances 1016 and 1021 in group 0x7FF4DCC2 ("Wants Satisfy - Study", "Sub - Do Homework - Increment & Exit?"). TwoJeff's mod is not affected by this; I use this one myself. I don't know the impact onto the other two, but if there should be a conflict, you just have to decide which one is more important to you and remove the more unimportant .

- - - - - - -
Edit: I looked into the mods. My mod is compatible with syberspunk's Harder Grades, but not with Jenflower's Homework Sometimes Faster. So now it's up to you which one you use

Instructor
#13 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 12:00 PM
I got very interested in your skills bar. I think everyone has once or twice a need for more information about the present status of a Sim.
I do not have your PC, will follow the link. Is it going to be updated soon?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 1:46 PM Last edited by CtfG : 6th Nov 2006 at 3:32 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by xptl297
I got very interested in your skills bar. I think everyone has once or twice a need for more information about the present status of a Sim.
I do not have your PC, will follow the link. Is it going to be updated soon?

I hope to have the PC finished by the weekend, but I'm undecided yet about which version I will post. I am really not very willing to offer all combinations of base game plus EP's (Uni, OfB and Pets all add some options to the computer pie menus, and to cover all these combinations of 1, 2 or all 3 EP's... Phew!). But if you just need the code for the skill bar, PM me a valid email addy, and I'll send it over to you. With SimPE, there are no secrets in coding anyway
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Edit:
@xptl297: Please check here ( http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=195787 ). I updated my Age Duration Resetter with the skills bar, since the TeenStar PC is usable only by children and teenagers. Read there for further details. I hope this will help you.

CtfG

Field Researcher
#15 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 2:21 PM
Just awesome.

I'm going to stop modding the sims 2.
Test Subject
#16 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 10:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CtfG
Edit: I looked into the mods. My mod is compatible with syberspunk's Harder Grades, but not with Jenflower's Homework Sometimes Faster. So now it's up to you which one you use

Thanks for the reply! I don't have many orphaned teens in my game, so I think I will stick with the Sometimes Faster, but I still think your mod is a great idea!
Instructor
#17 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 11:15 PM
Wonderful creation! I've had this sort of problem alot, where my Knowledge Sims want to learn homework but they don't have parents (Most of my sims are knowledge sims, so they're all werewolves, aliens, vampires or zombies, and they are NOT infuriated with me...) so this will be quite useful.
Instructor
#18 Old 9th Nov 2006 at 4:19 AM
Wait a minute, sims have sexual preferences? How did you get that list of scores and stuff in the corner? Its really cool. It is a part of the game I've missed all this time?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 9th Nov 2006 at 5:24 AM Last edited by CtfG : 9th Nov 2006 at 5:31 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by alyria80
Wait a minute, sims have sexual preferences? How did you get that list of scores and stuff in the corner? Its really cool. It is a part of the game I've missed all this time?

No, it's rather called "Breaking the limits" A wide variety of data is stored on the sims; most of that data is used only internally. Some of them you can see: skills, job description, salary, vacation days and so on. But most of these values are never being shown. I found out about these hidden skills (dancing, meditation etc.) when one of my teen sims got a scholarship for dancing, and that made me wonder what the heck there's going on. So I looked into the functions of the HiFi and found out about these skills. That's how they found their way into the display. I usually use them only for kind of control, to check if my mods work. But for this homework mod, it was a good way to show the learning process of the teen.

And yes, sims have a gender preference. Flirting with males pushes the preference to males by 2 points and lowers the preference for females by 1 point, flirting with females raises the female preference by 2 points and lowers the male preference by 1 point. All other "romantic" actions like Squeeze, Leap into arms, Kiss etc. raise / lower these also. Even "Check Sim out" changes these values. A good way to turn your sim the way *you* want .

BTW: The chemistry lightning bolts are only displayed for those genders to whom a sim has a positive preference (greater than zero). If you want both genders, simply do a lot of "Check Sim out" with both genders, and at some point you will have the bolts for both male and female sims.

Test Subject
#20 Old 10th Nov 2006 at 4:08 PM
is this compatible with pets because ive had to remove all my other mods
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 10th Nov 2006 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coookiemonster
is this compatible with pets because ive had to remove all my other mods

It is. I checked every EP to ensure the hack will work with all games.

Test Subject
#22 Old 10th Nov 2006 at 8:31 PM
i really like the secondary skills bar, are you putting the hack up on this site or is it your own personal thing? if you're putting it up that would be great ^^
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 11th Nov 2006 at 8:09 AM
The secondary skills bar will be an option of the PC's pie menu. I also included it already in my Age Duration Resetter

Instructor
#24 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 6:23 AM
Wow! I had no idea about the secondary settings listed in your menu thing there but even moreso, I had no idea that kids could do homework faster if they asked for help. I didn't realize that they had to be taught. Durrr.
Thank you! This mod will really come in handy for me.
Test Subject
#25 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 6:32 AM
How do you get teens to live on their own?

~Mystik Moon~
"To play, or not to play...that is the question. Whether tis similish in the mind to suffer the withdrawals and pain of outrageous non-play time or to bear arms against all that would stop me from playing." - Hamsim
Page 1 of 2