Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Paintings: Blue Boy

by alexasrosa Posted 6th Nov 2006 at 1:30 PM - Updated 13th Oct 2008 at 1:06 AM by CatOfEvilGenius

7 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts
Alchemist
#2 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 4:52 PM
Very beautiful painting.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Test Subject
#3 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 9:35 PM
Adorable! My mother has the Blue Boy and Pinky pictures up in our house!
Thanx!

*~You sit there in your heartache*~
*~Waitin on some beautiful boy to*~
*~To save you from your old ways*~
*~You play forgiveness, watch him now*~
*~Here he come*~
*~He doesn't look a thing like Jesus but he*~
*~Talks like a gentleman, like you imagined when*~
*~You were young*~
Forum Resident
#4 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 4:08 AM
Adorable!!! Thank you!!!!
Instructor
#5 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 2:03 PM
Excellent work! The boys outfit is gorgeous!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 4:41 PM
I've been greatly enjoying your Paintings series. The attention to detail is wonderful. Thank you for making these! I look forward to seeing what else you have planned for the series.

Worlds Apart: An urban fantasy. Now playing...
Instructor
#7 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 7:28 PM
So, I think we can safely guess you are a history/art history buff and a very knowledgeable one at that. Your series is simply wonderful, thank you so much for sharing it with us and for the little historical informative blurbs that go with them. I have loved the Blue Boy and Pinky paintings since I was a little girl. My grandparents' friends were this elderly Irish couple and they had a vast collection of Blue Boy and Pinky reproductions, plates, figurines, you name it. No wonder I became enamoured of them.

I'm eleven hundred and twenty-years-old, jus' gimme' a frikkin' beer!
Test Subject
#8 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 12:06 AM
I was surfing thru your profile and I must say that I was surprised at finding this kind of inspiration source -here- of all places..! *s* But I was very pleased, just the same. You see, "Blue Boy"s twin is hanging on my wall (a copy, of course!); "Red Boy".

There is this story, I don't know if it's true of not, that says that Thomas Gainsborough and an other artist, Thomas Lawrence, placed a bet; Thomas G. challanged his collegue Thomas L. to draw a picture of a boy in red, but making the picture feel cold (there in lies the challange), while he him slef would draw a picture of a boy in blue, making it feel warm. Alas, "Blue Boy". *taadaa!*
Here's a site where you can find the image. It's not great, but it was the best I could do; just scroll down a bit and click it: http://www.meibohmfinearts.com/ebay.aspx
Maybe you already knew, but what the heck..!

Couldn't you make "Red Boy" too? It would at least make me very happy! =)

I was going to send an e-mail to you, but it didn't work(?), so I hope you check your site from time to time... =)