Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

a REAL fedora-- 1930's, 40's, Indiana Jones Style

by griemers Posted 12th Nov 2006 at 4:40 AM

52 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 49 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Instructor
#2 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 5:07 AM
Fedora's rock my socks!
Test Subject
#3 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 5:09 AM
this is pretty sweet. i'm just wondering, where did you get those suits?
Instructor
#4 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 5:59 AM
Not only is that a great fedora, it's also an awsome first mesh. Great job! I've been looking for one of these for a while
Scholar
#5 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 6:03 AM
EEE INDY'S HAT! *goes to get hers*

"Your happiness is unrelated to anything you have inside." - Riku
Scholar
#6 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 6:04 AM
Looks great!! Thanks a lot. Where did the suits come from?
Test Subject
#7 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 6:46 AM
>o<pretty nice!!
and the same Q as above…………the suits……… by you too?
Instructor
#8 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 6:53 AM
SWEET,will this work with any hair?

"S"
V^^^^V

" Enjoy LIFE, 'cause DEATH is just around the CORONER ! ©"
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 8:00 AM
Very nice for a first upload. I look forward to seeing what you come up with next.

"We don't quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Feel free to PM me with any lot requests. I've mostly done house trailers in the past.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 8:04 AM
Wow, I love these Always looking for more hats for sims. Do you think you could make the hat a seperate glasses/accessory mesh one day though? That would be really useful
Instructor
#11 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 11:11 AM
great work! And I second the request: maybe a separate mesh?

When all Courage is necessary, all Hope is justified!

To know something about me read: this interview
Instructor
#12 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 12:54 PM
A most excellent and much needed mesh! Thank you for this outstanding addition to the game, for the EA/Maxis fedora was ridiculous if not completely wrong.

I have only one God, Choice. If you remove the right to choose from any equation, how have you improved the world?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 3:14 PM
Default Thanks for the comments, folks!
I'm glad you guys like it . I agree that the Maxis fedora is pretty silly. I also agree that this would work better as a seperate mesh. Is there a relatively simple way to do that, or would I have to recreate the mesh from scratch?

About the suits, they are recolors I did of the two-tone suit found here:

http://www.all-about-style.com/themes_1940's.html

They have a lot of cool retro style things there.

I wasn't sure of the ettiquette regarding recolors of other people's work, so I didn't post them yet. I also made the Clark Gable/William Powell style mustache that the other guy in the pictures is sporting, if anybody is interested.
Test Subject
#14 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 3:55 PM
The hats are great!! I think all you have to do is email her and make sure it's ok. There is something about cloning the works in her terms page : http://www.all-about-style.com/terms.html The mustache would also be a wonderful addition for my retro neighborhood! Keep up the great work!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 5:15 PM
VERY cool hat! I agree that an accessorie version would be most welcome (don't know how to do that, sadly.) I hate the default hair that the game gives the 'dehatted' Sims when they change clothing.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 5:25 PM
This is awesome. Thanks for this. (PS- Indy fans: He [Harrison Ford] is going to make a 4th indy movie with Sean connery. I can't wait! Eeek!)
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 8:12 PM
Go Go, Inspecter Gadget!!!

It might look I'm doing nothing, but at the molecular level I'm really quite busy.
~Anonymous
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 9:00 PM
Whaow, just the kinda suit ive beek requesting for.
THANK YOU!!!!
Im forever gratefull!
Test Subject
#19 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 3:19 AM
THAAAAANK YOOOOUUU! Finally a nice fedora!
Test Subject
#20 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 8:44 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I LOVE this hat! I've been nuts about vintage headwear for some time and always wished for a better alternative to Maxis' version, which, to my frustration, reminds me more of a homburg than a fedora. This fits the bill, and then some!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#21 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 9:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by griemers
I also agree that this would work better as a seperate mesh. Is there a relatively simple way to do that, or would I have to recreate the mesh from scratch?

You could likely just chop off the hat and convert it to an accessory with relative ease. If you've done it as a hair mesh (hair meshes are generally pretty challenging) that shouldn't be too difficult for ya - there are instructions on creating accessories in the Body Shop Meshing area here that should get you started, and if you have any questions, you can ask there.

Quote: Originally posted by griemers
I wasn't sure of the ettiquette regarding recolors of other people's work, so I didn't post them yet.

All-About-Style's terms of use. You'd need to ask them for permission.

Very cool mesh - adding it to the 1900's section of the Content List on the Sims2Wiki. Thanks!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 11:28 AM
Default Nice
These rock. I love fedoras I have 3 real ones (not sim :P) a white, a black, and an indianna jones one. I was indianna jones for halloween. I hope all about style lets you post a recolor of the suit, I have it in my game to I like to use it for snooty night club owners. THANKS A MILLION.

LegolasKLM at thesims2.ea.com Check out my stories and sims at thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=692419

I may be a goody two shoes but underneath I have dark socks!

www.myspace.com/KMRocky
Test Subject
#23 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 8:58 PM
This is exactly what I've been looking for. But, it doesn't show up in my game! Is anybody else having this problem?
Test Subject
#24 Old 14th Nov 2006 at 8:11 PM
I was in need of a good fedora, just in time for it's intended sim's transition to adulthood too, thanks.
Test Subject
#25 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 3:06 AM
I've been hoping someone would do a fedora. I love this. I really would love to see this as an accessory for male or female so it can go on any hairstyle. I have a pic of a fedora I would like to see be made.
Page 1 of 3