Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: "Find Own Place" for Teens - 03/25/07 Seasons Update

by pinhead Posted 22nd Nov 2004 at 3:11 AM - Updated 14th Oct 2008 at 8:19 PM by Christy1077

167 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 162 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 7
Test Subject
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 4:10 AM
Hey thank you i know alot of people have been looking for a Teen only house. Good job!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 4:49 AM
Ah heck I'll give it a go. I am looking to get Lilith and Old Mort together anyway so hope it works. (crossed fingers)

Looking on the Bright Side of Life!
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 5:41 AM Last edited by pinhead : 31st Mar 2005 at 8:55 AM. Reason: removing messed texts
Ok! I was testing this mod and so far i found just a few little problems:

1 - If the teen have "Ask help with Homework" in his wants you have to ignore. Only if a adult live with him/her you could satisfy this want. sorry.

2 - If the teen have "Sneak Out with someone" or "Ask permission to go out" in his wants you have to ignore. Only if a adult live with him/her you could satisfy this want. sorry again.

3 - The Alienware PC don't have this option for teens. Only the 2 others PCs have them enable. Nothing i can do about this. But if you like to try use this steps to enable for it:

In SimPE click "File/Open" and go to your Downloads folder. Look for the file named:

95abb5d160cfd12c6ae38da7da5b0d6a.package

Scroll down "Filetypes" and click on "Pie Menu Functions". This will show a single file in the other box named "untitled tree table: Pie Menu Functions...". Click on it. Go to Plugin View tab and find "0xA: Find Own Place". Ok! Now you have just to check the box for teens in "Flags". Click 'Commit' and after this go to File/Save. You done!

If you don't have patience to make all this stuff, use the newspaper or the others PCs.

maybe latter i will try to correct this issues. Forget about the Alienware or others cloned PCs. Only you can correct this if you like.

thanks!

[ Edited 22-11-2004 05:43AM ]
Test Subject
#5 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 6:34 AM
wow pinhead you are a genius! thank you, been waiting for a hack like this!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 6:39 AM
Strange bug in the soup. i was testing this with a family I created and I also had the teensgowild latest patch running along with it, and your other hack the moveallin hack. Now none of my sims will work out. Eeeep. I am seeing now wich hacks work with what. Side note I used this to move in the Brokes into the Pleasant house and the Pleasants w/exception of Lilith (already moved out) started crying uncontrollably like they had just seen a death. As before now seeing what works with what. :-$

Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 6:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Silvenight1
Strange bug in the soup. i was testing this with a family I created and I also had the teensgowild latest patch running along with it, and your other hack the moveallin hack. Now none of my sims will work out. Eeeep. I am seeing now wich hacks work with what. Side note I used this to move in the Brokes into the Pleasant house and the Pleasants w/exception of Lilith (already moved out) started crying uncontrollably like they had just seen a death. As before now seeing what works with what. :-$

oh my! sorry, but i don't understand what you tried to say. Do you have the teensgowild and the moveinall, right? Now your sims don't "workout"... Don't they have interactions? Don't they go to work? oh boy! could you try explain more clearly for me, please?
[ Edited 22-11-2004 07:04AM ]
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 6:55 AM
Oh, what a nice idea! I've actually been irked by the various restrictions on households involving teenagers and kids. I hate how you have to make children and teenagers always have a parent they live with when you create the family and so forth, for instance. This'd especially suck if you were trying to make, say, a foster home, or something. SUCKS! Anyway, this is a good idea.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 7:29 AM
Sorry for the rushed lines there. I was cleaning my drive to test. To make it clearer I was running the teensgowild1f withyour teens move out and the move all in patches. The system did a weird jump when I sent my working sim to workout with the radio and then the game stopped accepting workout commands from any one even in houses i never have touched before. So I cleaned the downloads folder and started putting bak the stuff slowly. Fortunatly I started with this patch and the teensgowild1f patch. These two worked together flawlesly so far. I then added the crap from the Official web site and the game still worked. Then i added the move all in patch you have made on the other forum thread. Blam. Again I could not workout again. So far though the patch here works with the teensgowild1f. I am tired so I will test some more later. Good patch so far.

Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 7:56 AM
This is very strange... I have all this mods installed and didn't see any problems. After i see your post i went to the game and have no problems with Workout in Stereo, TV and workout machine with Adult, elders and teens. Anyway, i didn't changed anything with this objects and this action. Maybe other thing do it. Do you tried enter in the game again and see if this continues?

Just another note: If you already had moveinall and teensgonewild1f and no problems was found before, maybe you have to try remove the new moveout mod and see if this will happen. If don't happen, try put the new moveout again and see.

I need sleep too. See ya tomorrow! Thanks for your information.

[ Edited 22-11-2004 08:41AM ]
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 8:15 AM
!dodge I think I found our bug maybe. Some idiot on the Official site had made a skin that kept changing and doing weird things so i dealeted it when i was putting in the other patches. Haven't seen anything wrong yet ~ But I am still checking I am also going to suggest that anyone using crappy unfinished skins be drug out and shot. This is not a joke people. ~ oh well back at it tomarrow. Neh!
[ Edited 22-11-2004 08:16AM ]

Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 8:21 AM
Oh!! cool. I was so worried about it. "Why this guy had this problem? i didn't changed anything related to this objects or this action?".
:D
Thanks man! we need a good sleep.
Test Subject
#13 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 5:03 PM
"Don't forget to backup your Neighborhood before use this mod."

Why do you have to backup your neighborhood before you use it??
[ Edited 22-11-2004 05:04PM ]
Test Subject
#14 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shorty83
Hey thank you i know alot of people have been looking for a Teen only house. Good job!

umm.. i got a teen only house without the mod and without killing anyone.

i just made a family (mom, dad, 2 brothers, one sister) and then as soon as they went into the house.. i told the mom to move out and she took the dad and 1 brother with her. and the only sims left were one teen brother and one teen sister.. seemed to work fine for me
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 5:11 PM
The reason to back up is simple if you don't and there is a glitch in the process then you end up with lost game time. It has happened to me so often that I am still not sure what sim is with who. Anyways it will save you time in cleaning out a problem bug if nothing else. !alien Neh!

Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by butt3rfly

The modification is in the test progress and if problems appear all your neighborhood can be messed. My intention is not to ruin your game. I try to correct the errors posted here. When I'm done the tests I will send the final file to the Admins of MTS2 to put the final version in downloads section.

[ Edited 22-11-2004 06:14PM ]
Field Researcher
#17 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by butt3rfly

Also, this is a BETA test section. That means not yet "finished" or in other words "use at your own risk may still be buggy and do nasty naughty things to your game". Plus with the instability of TS2 I backup after every play session just to be sure. If I lost Arenia, I would go stark raving bonkers. :-)
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 8:58 PM
Pinhead: dl the teen moveout and and it works fine for me. BTW I do like the hack havin fun with it
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 9:29 PM
Silvenight1 mentioned something about teensgowild, what is it?

"So from now on when people get wood, they'll think of trojans!"
----Ned Flanders
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 9:41 PM
Is the popular:

Another Woohoo Teens Beta Mod

http://www.modthesims2.com/forum_viewtopic.php?22.15008
Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lgnd178
Pinhead: dl the teen moveout and and it works fine for me. BTW I do like the hack havin fun with it

Thanks for testing it! If you see any problems, post here!
Instructor
#22 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 10:18 PM
Hey, pinhead.

I tried enabling the option for the Alienware PC, but there's no "flag" option in Sim PE. I have a screen of the SimPE thing. Does this mean I can't do it? Or am I just doing something wrong? Anyway, I appreciate your tinkering. It's a big help. Thanks.

[img]e107_files/public/25864_simpescreen.jpg[/img]
<span class='smalltext'>[ 25864_simpescreen.jpg ][/i]
Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 11:30 PM
Ok! no problem! You have an old version. Get the latest version here:

http://sims.ambertation.de/

I went to the site but it's currently not available, but has a link to SimPE_11_de.rar. This will help you out!

if you can't get it, try it later.
[ Edited 22-11-2004 11:36PM ]
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 11:36 PM
Thanks, pinhead. I will test it out ASAP. =)

Wish I had something brilliant to say.
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#25 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 9:31 AM
Great pinhead thanks - downloaded documented and added to the list

Just to enforce great ideas:

1) When testing BETA software of any kind - BACKUP!! Always - frequently - and to a separate directory at least :D

2) Regarding SimPE : Quaxi is continually working on the program and updates are available very frequently so keep checking the SimPE site for updates. One version of SimPE is more than likely not able to do what the NEXT version can!

3) Brush your teeth - at least twice a day =)

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Page 1 of 7