Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 3:48 PM
Default How can i build row houses?
hi
i want to build some houses on different lots in a row, but i cant build a wall from one side of the lot to another. i can only build a wall one square away from the lot border. so is there any trick/cheat that i can build walls everywhere on my lot?

thanks darklord
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 3:54 PM
Not that I've been able to do.... check my profile I made a set of city houses....wanted traditional rowhomes but couldn't do it so left spaces between all houses... you could use a bit of the tall brick fence (or a CC fence), and give the houses a little fenced off alleyway between, fences you can bring all the way to the edge...

Subtle In Spades
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 4:42 PM
May use some custom fence-based walls or object-based prebuilt walls and roofs (if any, and if not, may request for them in request forums...) to do the graphical illusion as if the houses are connected somehow.

I've not known any way to build a wall to the edge of a lot yet, but hopefully someone may know or find it out how.
Test Subject
#4 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 12:26 AM
maybe to make them appear closer together you could use the 1x1 Lots (there's a few available on this site and others) they are very small (obviously), but good for making tall narrow buildings.

Be the change you wish to see in the world.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#5 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 12:44 PM
You can use that lot expander so use the one-tile wide lots next to each other on perfectly flat land, then expand each of them by one tile sideways and build the house so it goes onto the expanded bit by two tiles. The house on the next lot can start two tiles in (which is where you are allowed to start building a wall from) and so on. But even at only one tile wide, the lots are rather wide for row houses so you might have to make it look like two per lot, leaving alternate ones empty to save processing.

The slight problem with overlapping lots is you get that "shimmering" graphical artefact on the ground
Mad Poster
#6 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 6:30 PM Last edited by patul : 15th Nov 2006 at 6:35 PM.
A said khakidoo & Niol a fence could make an illusion, the garden of the fisrt house may continue to the wall of the second one. but continuous or adjacent walls... I never saw !

But you can do it above a road with 2 joining EP1 houses ! I tried it when I rediscovered this ep but only in the nbhood to place them, not in game.

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 6:53 PM Last edited by niol : 15th Nov 2006 at 7:01 PM.
I just failed in the custom fence interference approach. The base game just crashed when a lot with wall1 walls at the edges is loading...yike!

What I did in this approach:
I used a custom fence and alter its guid ID into wall1's to override the default wall1!
Then, I built the custom fence up to the lot's edges and save the lot and quit the game.
Then, I remove the overriding custom fence before I entered the game again.
The game just crashed again and again when the lot loads.
So, this approach failed to get the lot stable with wall1 walls at the edges of a lot.

On another approach like either using the lot-expander or the lot replacement approach, an overlapping illusion of combined lots should workout. But, keep in mind, these lots are modded lots, and I'm unsure how stable and safe to save a back-up for these modded lots. But, hey, without testing these out, we'll never know the result! :D
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies