Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Nov 2006 at 6:17 PM
Default Is anyone else experiencing this?
Hiya,

I've noticed Maxis hasn't fixed some of the build mode bugs with the Pets expansion and am wondering if anyone is experiencing this one. I try and place the new ignito fireplace (or any other fireplace custom or not) and I cannot put in where I want. I get the placement for it on the second story unless I remove a section of wall first. I can place it in the basement or in the middle of the room, but not on the wall where I want.

What is the most frustrating is this also happens when I'm just trying to build walls. The wall tool will jump up to the second story. It doesn't happen all the time and not on every lot. It also seems to happen only on a foundation with a stage present. For me those stages are the buggiest pieces of rubbish EA ever put into the game.

Also, has anyone tried using CFE with stages since pets? Prior to Pets it would crash my game almost every time. I haven't tried it yet and am wondering if anyone else has.
Screenshots

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2006 at 6:50 PM
I tried exactly now, there is no problem with this chimney, it is a center one so you cant like in real have 2 superimposed. For the CFE it is fixed with the OFB stages, there is no more crashes

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2006 at 6:58 PM
Hi Jlonier today i was experiencing the same problem also. I was trying to build walls in the basement and nothing woudl happen.Went to main level and all the walls i was building were there lol It appeared that a stage foundation on ground level was causing the problem because after i deleted it i could build walls normally again.As for the new one tile firplace the only annoying thing i have noticed is that you cant connect fireplaces through stories which is sad actually , seing a chimney inside the house on 2md or even 3 rd level but not being able to place the same fireplace in the same place of the other story.

I dont know if this is a bug in my game or if it's supposed to be happenign though.

You will find my older and newest creations here
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Nov 2006 at 7:03 PM
Patul, Thank you for responding. I am not saying the chimney is a problem and I wasn't trying to have two superimposed. In my first screenshot I am trying to place the chimney on the ground floor against the wall and I can't. The curosr is raised up in the air like it's on the next floor. In my second screenshot I've got the cursor in the exact same spot (all I did was hit page up) but I'm on the second level and the chimney then shows up. In the third screenshot I've removed a section of wall (behind the chimney) and I can then place it on the first floor like I wanted. It shouldn't be happening like this.

Should I post some screenshots of what happens on this lot as I'm placing walls? It does the same thing, but only after a room has all four walls. I try and add (or remove) a wall and the "cursor" (build tool) jumps up to the second level regardless of whether or not I've placed walls up there. And it only seems to happen if I've got a stage placed on top of a foundation.

Knitting fiend
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Nov 2006 at 7:17 PM
Hi Corvi, Looks like I was typing as you were posting! I can't tell you how relieved I was to hear someone else is having the same problem! I am convinced it's the stages or at least OFB related because I never had the problem until after OFB. I got so frustrated after OFB came out I reported it to EA who sent me to Maxis who sent me back to EA and nothing ever came of it. I was told it was a technical issue then I was told it was a game play issue, etc. etc. I would really like to see it resolved.

Have you tried playing around with CFE and the stages since pets? Patul says the crashes regarding same are fixed so I should be able to create those dream staircases now. I was in a really good building groove until all this started so I guess I'll give the CFE combined with stages a go when I'm done for the night. I want to finish up this lot before I go tempting fate.

Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 22nd Nov 2006 at 8:12 PM
I never noticed this problem with stage foundation until now after i installed pets.I really was scared because i thought i'd lose all progress of my lot due to bugged lot but i got rid of the tage foundation and that solved it.

I haven't used CFE with stage foundation but my game used to crash if CFE applied on stage foundation.I will test though now with PETS and tell you.I believe it will crahs again though.

Mad Poster
#7 Old 22nd Nov 2006 at 8:33 PM Last edited by patul : 22nd Nov 2006 at 8:38 PM.
Corvi the bug for the crash is fixed. I am not building with Pets. I prefer use OFB where I am not surprised for building then use Pets for decors and play.

I retried all combinations of with/without sange/fondation, I have not noticed a bug. Only that chimney dont grow with the building and the roof, certainly I havent see that before because, for me, they are more parts of the decorative phase and I put them at the real end of the building.

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Nov 2006 at 9:11 PM Last edited by JLonier : 22nd Nov 2006 at 9:53 PM.
Wow, thanks Patul you're right! I've been playing with CFE combined with foundations and stages and the game has not crashed! I am getting some odd results, but I intend to play with this until I can turn stairs the way I want.

And the chimney still isn't the issue. I was only placing it to get an idea of room space and because I was simifying a floor plan from a book. It was while I was placing the chimney (it works the same for all the chimneys) that I noticed it was placing it on the second floor.

For me it happens when I've built a house on a foundation, closed in at least one room with four walls, and placed a stage somewhere on the foundation. Then when I try and place a wall sometimes it will build the wall on the floor above just like Corvi described.

I can't tell you how excited I am that my game isn't crashing! Off I run to test stairs!!!

It does crash. When I try to save.

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 10:57 AM
Thank you for that hint with the stages! I wondered why sometimes odd things happened. Now I remember I had stages.
I think, I don't play around with these any more.
Even if I can't give hints myself I love to look in this building forum, because all of you share your knowledge. Thanks for this!
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 5:17 PM
Hmm patul my gaem crashes if i try to level using CFE cheat and half/walls or foundation stages are involved.

Not that i mind now , the stage foundation bug which i just noticed now with pets is getting on my nerves.

Mad Poster
#11 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 6:37 PM Last edited by patul : 25th Nov 2006 at 7:48 AM.
It works for me !

But I found something else : the stage wall (vertical part) dont move (red) with the floor except if it is a half-wall on top (blue) not a fence...??? why not ???

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 6:54 PM
lol at this pic!

I dunno patul, i tested this yesterday and my game crashed when i tried to level, hmmmm.Have you tried leveling what you just did ?

Mad Poster
#13 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 7:01 PM
I did : up and down the ground, level it ... changing the floor flatten it also, I had really no problem.
Perhaps when i reinstall the game I forgot the OFB patch and i dont use the FFS one ?
It is the only reason i can see ...

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 7:28 PM
Corvi, I've had the stage foundation problem since the stages were introduced. I have found if I save and exit the lot and then enter the lot again everything will be back to normal. Sometimes for good and sometimes just for awhile.

Mad Poster
#15 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 9:44 PM
patul,

wow, that's great pic and discovery...

The stage was forced to be deformed probably not through lower layer but the upper layer by the half-wall?
Mad Poster
#16 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 7:57 AM
An other GREAT find
when you change the fllor-tiles (shift-click) by other the stage ground is leveled !
Just a quite useless thing, stages have not a real mountaineous function !

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Mad Poster
#17 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 5:57 PM
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies