Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hogwarts, scaled down, University Version

by obsessisim Posted 28th Nov 2006 at 5:09 AM - Updated 28th Nov 2006 at 8:19 PM by obsessisim : To Clarify, all custom content made by me (obi)

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 6:38 PM
wow this is amazing thanks so much :D
Mad Poster
#3 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 7:10 PM
Stunning roofs ! I like your lots obsessims

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 7:17 PM
Default Thank you so much for your kind comments
Quote: Originally posted by patul
Stunning roofs ! I like your lots obsessims

Thanks patul, did you happen to notice any improvement in those screenshots? Thanks so much for your kind advice, it does look so much better without those unsightly gridlines.

I'm eleven hundred and twenty-years-old, jus' gimme' a frikkin' beer!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 8:48 PM
You learn something with the pics obsessisim...
my favourite sims sentence is :
Plus j’échoue, plus je m’approche de la réussite.
The more I fail, the more I approach the success.
Lao-Patul MMVI AD :D

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 2:56 AM
It's nice when people help each other out. Btw, thank you discordkitty for the deletion. I didn't report it, I didn't knowwhether it was important enough.

Test Subject
#7 Old 20th Dec 2006 at 10:12 PM
I just got Uni a few days or so ago, and I downloaded a Hogwarts.. and it didnt work cause I have the worse graphic card ever, so I was really sad. But now I see this & I'm happy! Thank you

Happy Holidays :)
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Dec 2006 at 5:28 PM
Oh you're welcome, that's why I built it. The other Hogwarts on this site are truly spectacular but I have a decent graphics card, just not a really high end one so it would take too long to load. Also I wanted a Uni version for my students to hang out, after their homework is done of course. Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting. Merry Christmas.

Test Subject
#9 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 4:18 AM
Sorry if this is a stupid question but is this a Dorm or a Residental or Community Lot because i dont have Uni yet?
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 6:04 PM
Not a stupid question at all.
Quote: Originally posted by Mozartking
Sorry if this is a stupid question but is this a Dorm or a Residental or Community Lot because i dont have Uni yet?

This is a community lot. Please bear in mind that it requires OFB due to the octogonal roofs.

Test Subject
#11 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 7:11 AM
This lot has worked out really well....my sims are always inviting each other to it..

THANKS...

btw the i love the buffy reference(anya aka anyanka) in your signature!!
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 6:45 PM Last edited by obsessisim : 16th Jan 2007 at 6:52 PM.
Hey thanks! It's great to hear how a lot has worked out in actual gameplay for other folk and it's always nice to meet another Buffy fan.

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 7:47 PM
I would love to use this version of Hogwarts but it crashes the program everytime I try to go into it. Any suggestions? Also, if there is nothing I can do to rectify this problem, can you tell me the non-Hogwarts name/tag so I can delete it from downloads, please? Many thanks.
Test Subject
#14 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 7:43 PM
I want hogwarts in a zip file they are all rar and i can't extract those and i will not waste time with the program to extract a rar .
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 11:32 PM
gbreez -you must have University and Open For business to use this lot. I think the name of it in downloads would be Hogwarts clean. (that way I know I have put it through clean install.) Thank you for your polite request for help.
Sebastion15 -Goodness, that was an unfriendly post. First of all you can get a free trial of .rar to use, I use it because it compacts the downloads to a smaller size. Secondly, failing that, you can download Qxpress from this site for free. Or, you could just skip any of the downloads that are not available in .zip.

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 2:21 AM
obsessism, thank you for your response. I do have both Uni and OFB. I spent quite some time searching the downloads but could not find a "hogwarts clean" or anything close to it. I also could not find the names of the other 2 Hogwarts I have downloaded. Could I be looking in the wrong place? Looking in the usual EA/Downloads list where all the clothing, hair meshes and walls are easy to spot. Anyway, thanks again for your response. Some questions I have left elsewhere have gone unanswered. I appreciate the time you have taken for me.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 2:24 AM
BTW, the reason I am looking for the download is to banish it so I can redownload, just in case it is the download that is corrupted.
Test Subject
#18 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 11:21 PM
Well how do you "repackage a file" into zip format? I really like the design of the outside though.
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 7:15 PM Last edited by obsessisim : 17th Feb 2007 at 9:43 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by gbreez
obsessism, thank you for your response. I do have both Uni and OFB. I spent quite some time searching the downloads but could not find a "hogwarts clean" or anything close to it. I also could not find the names of the other 2 Hogwarts I have downloaded. Could I be looking in the wrong place? Looking in the usual EA/Downloads list where all the clothing, hair meshes and walls are easy to spot. Anyway, thanks again for your response. Some questions I have left elsewhere have gone unanswered. I appreciate the time you have taken for me.

You're more than welcome. Yes your downloads should be in your Sims2 Downloads file, assuming that is where you put them. Seems to me that a few people had some trouble with their recent downloads and there were some warnings on the site. The site has since been upgraded to accommodate the increased number of downloads. Anyway, if you can't find it in the file, I would just take the easy route, go into your houses and lots bins and delete from there, then bulldoze the lot on the neighborhood. Perhaps you could try to redownload this one and the others again. May I suggest that this time you install them and run them one by one. Please also bear in mind that one of the Hogwarts lots on this site is gigantic. It is fabulous but just huge so if you don't have a lot of ram and a computer that can handle it, it can take quite a while to load. Mine is large too but not nearly as detailed. And I totally mean that as a compliment to the other creators.

Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 7:25 PM Last edited by obsessisim : 17th Feb 2007 at 7:33 PM.
I don't think that is possible, however...
Quote: Originally posted by Sebastian15
Well how do you "repackage a file" into zip format? I really like the design of the outside though.

Okay first of all, thank you for the compliment. You cannot repackage the files, if they are in .rar you will need that program to download them. You will likely find that a lot of the downloads on this site are in .rar. Most are also available in Qxpress. The reason for this is simple convenience, .rar will compact a file more than .zip and Qxpress will just pop it right into the download file for you. I see that you are new. This place has such a wonderful selection of downloads, some of the creators on here are unbelievably talented. I would politely suggest to you to go have a look in the "Downloads Faqs" section, you'll find it in the site map or just click on the Downloads Section at the top of the page. Then at the beginning of the Downloads Section, look further down, on your left and you will find some links there and you will find all kinds of wonderful hints and tips for successful downloading. Have fun and enjoy!

Test Subject
#21 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 2:36 AM
Yeah i'm new but an expert on architecture and my comp DELETED Pleasantview ALL my fams and homes even The San Sebastian Resort were deleted now i reconstructed it.
Test Subject
#22 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 2:38 AM
And i just built the BEST home ever and it toped most of the homes i saw here. I think that just so u no.
Test Subject
#23 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 2:40 AM
Ps i don't want a program that may have a virus it doesn't have a virus does it the Qxpress.
Instructor
Original Poster
#24 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 6:35 PM
No, Qxpress is a program built by an expert programmer. .rar is available as a free 30-day trial. The creators are not allowed to upload the same item in both .zip and .rar. You can read about qxpress if you check it out here on this site and decide for yourself. Happy simming.