Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Servo Replacement Set

by gwillewyn Posted 29th Nov 2006 at 1:39 PM - Updated 3rd Dec 2006 at 2:46 PM by gwillewyn

48 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 45 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 1:52 PM
Uuuh. That looks great. Thank you
Test Subject
#3 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 2:31 PM
I was really getting tired of the way the female servos looked so this will be most usefull. Thanks and great job!

(¯`v´¯)
.`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•..~*~Nage~*~
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 4:10 PM
yay i can see the glowing ball!

I love buffaloes.... They're like bad ass cows!
Space Pony
#5 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 4:12 PM
Thank you for sharing, you did a great job !

SHOPxADDICTED

Like to see more, click here !
Instructor
#6 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 4:20 PM
THANKS, that was really needed!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 5:01 PM
Love the pink tuxedo. Makes them loook very extravagant. Is it available for male servos too?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 5:05 PM
Excellent Gwill, what a great idea! Thankyou.
The Anti-Social Extrovert
#9 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 5:52 PM
SO COOL!!! Thank you!
Instructor
#10 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 6:04 PM
I'm glad someone else agreed that the female servo dress was hideous -- this is great! Finally, my female servos won't be so hideous! Also, I love the idea of a cresent moon for werewolf servos. xD 'Tis great. Thanks for making this!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 6:40 PM
I didn't even know what the female servo's dress looked like, because I hated the lipstick so much I've never played with one. Seriously, they do that in cartoons too and it bugs the crap out of me.
Scholar
#12 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 7:57 PM
Ohh god thanks a lot for fixing Maxis' aesthetic mistakes with the servos, sometimes I try to think about the way they dress and how their houses look like...
I end up really scared :D
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
Love the pink tuxedo. Makes them loook very extravagant. Is it available for male servos too?

I've left the male servo wearing black, but feel free to swap the textures around.

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
Forum Resident
#14 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 8:17 PM
Oh, awesome. I was so tired of the way both gendered servos looked I just stopped playing them, but now you've made the girl pretty! Not scarry-"pretty" but normal, living-robot pretty. Which now that I think about it is a bit weird, but oh, well, Pretty Servo! Thanks gwillewyn!

Always,
Emma
Test Subject
#15 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 1:26 AM
wow! these are awsome. downloading now

Over in america its bling bling out here its bling bang
Test Subject
#16 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 4:36 AM
Cool. I like how I can see the green ball, thanks! but why is the tuxedo like ripping off the servos arms in your pictures? does it always look like that in the game?
Test Subject
#17 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 6:04 AM
^Yes it does.

It would be cooler if there was bite marks on the servos instead of symbols. Like the servo would have two holes somewhere, and the werewolves would have a massive bute mark in them. Other wise good! :D
Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elstumpo
It would be cooler if there was bite marks on the servos instead of symbols. Like the servo would have two holes somewhere, and the werewolves would have a massive bute mark in them.

I did think about that, but only the head texture changes on vampire and werewolf servos. The body is the same.
The nude/everyday texture and mesh is also the same for males and females. Otherwise it would have been possible to make the entire female servo pink, and leave the male blue or something like that.

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 2:48 AM
Are you sure there are servos in OFB? I haven't noticed them. Maybe they're in family fun stuff, or glamour life?
Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 3rd Dec 2006 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RedBeard
Are you sure there are servos in OFB? I haven't noticed them. Maybe they're in family fun stuff, or glamour life?

I'm absolutely certain. You need to build them.

Field Researcher
#21 Old 3rd Dec 2006 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RedBeard

They're in OFB, you just have to make them yourself using the robotry worktop-thingy.

Thank you so much for this. I hated the female servos for the tacky lipstick as well. But I have to ask, did you add the fangs and eye colour of the vampire and werewolf servos or is that standard stuff?
I for one love all of the features you've put in aside from the change of clothes. Is it possible that you could make a version that doesn't change the bow and formal clothes? Or something that just gets rid of the lipstick?

~~like a dirty dog
Scholar
Original Poster
#22 Old 3rd Dec 2006 at 2:29 PM Last edited by gwillewyn : 3rd Dec 2006 at 2:48 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by delonariel
But I have to ask, did you add the fangs and eye colour of the vampire and werewolf servos or is that standard stuff?

That's standard maxis.

Quote: Originally posted by delonariel
Is it possible that you could make a version that doesn't change the bow and formal clothes? Or something that just gets rid of the lipstick?

I'm a bit sick of this project, so I'm not going to do alternative versions, but feel free to use this as a base to make your own. I've uploaded the original maxis textures as a base.
Windkeeper has a good tutorial on TSR about making replacement textures.

Field Researcher
#23 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwillewyn
That's standard maxis.

I'm a bit sick of this project, so I'm not going to do alternative versions, but feel free to use this as a base to make your own. I've uploaded the original maxis textures as a base.
Windkeeper has a good tutorial on TSR about making replacement textures.

Hahaha. Ok. I'll do something about it if I ever stop being lazy ^^
Thanks again

~~like a dirty dog
Test Subject
#24 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 8:50 AM
Well its not working in my PC......I'm able to make(buy) servo's, but I can't initialize them....
Removing the package makes them work..

I have all the EP's
Scholar
Original Poster
#25 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 9:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by manav219
Well its not working in my PC......I'm able to make(buy) servo's, but I can't initialize them....
Removing the package makes them work..

I have all the EP's

That's really odd. This mod shouldn't be able to cause anything like that; it contains no BHAVs or hacks of any sort, just textures and a mesh replacement.
Sorry, but I really don't have any suggestions.

Page 1 of 2