Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Candy Cane Christmas Mailbox

by i_like_rubber_ducks Posted 30th Nov 2006 at 10:43 PM - Updated 20th Nov 2008 at 6:16 PM by -Maylin-

14 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 10:47 PM
*GIGGLES* O____O candycane. *grab* Hilarious!

"Practice, practice, practice until you eventually get numb on rejections."
~Brian Klemmer
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 10:47 PM
How sweet is that! lol thanks!

You will find my older and newest creations here
Space Pony
#4 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 11:42 PM
Awsome. This will look great with the house belonging to Mr. and Mrs. Claus that I've been working on.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 11:52 PM
Wow, ever awesome! Thank you! WOW! Cute
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 12:08 AM
Ooh, I don't think I've seen a custom mail box before.

Thank you, it's awesome!
The Anti-Social Extrovert
#7 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 12:56 AM
thank you! this will work great with the idea that i have been having, thanks!

...· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:-
-:¦:- (( °º ° ..° "(¨`v´¨)::" °..··..*.. ·· ..° *..·|<aTa?+|cA| |<@
°-:¦:- `v´* *-:¦:- °·..* * °..·· ..*.. ·· ..° * -:¦:- * °.. ·· ..*.. ·· .:.° * -:¦:-
Field Researcher
#8 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 3:39 AM
That is adorable! Thank You so much for sharing.

Animals are really little People in disguise.
Alchemist
#9 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 3:48 AM
Your candy cane mailbox looks great.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 4:09 AM
Aww thats so cute! Great job

Happy Holidays :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 9:37 AM
thanks for the feedback everyone! this was my first upload so i didnt know what to do too well. anyway glad you like it and thanks again! im making a trashcan to go with it now!
Test Subject
#12 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 10:08 AM
Oh thats so sweet, can't believe this is your first upload.... *jealous* lol
Test Subject
#13 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 3:28 AM Last edited by joydove321 : 11th Jun 2007 at 3:31 AM. Reason: Changing word, person meaning.
What do you mean I might need to download a patch from either mts2 or the official sims 2 website if I want to place the mailbox within 2 spaces of the road on lots? Will it not function as a mailbox without doing that? If not, please can you direct me like with a link or something to the place I need to download the patch? Thanks, these are awesome, I can't wait to use them in my game!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 10:41 PM
joydove321 and anyone else who needs to know, just go to http://thesims2.ea.com/update/?pid=Help_patches and download the one you need for your latest expansion (if any) and remember to use the moveobjects on cheat when placing the mailbox in the game.
Test Subject
#15 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 2:22 AM
Thanks for the link to the patches! I also figured out a way to get the mailbox (and trashcan) into the lot if it is missing altogether from the start. (For example if it was a community lot and you changed it to residential, etc.)

Use this site http://daydream.etowns.net/ and download the "Lot Setup Collection" Make sure to follow the directions though. That gets the lot working as a residential lot... Go from there to make the download work as you would else wise. (I still have to figure that part out myself.)