Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Show Hidden Skills and Stats with Bonsai of Wisdom

by CtfG Posted 5th Dec 2006 at 1:13 PM - Updated 2nd Apr 2008 at 11:20 AM by CtfG : Update FREETIME info

77 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 71 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 1:23 PM
Very cool. Always wondered, though, what's the romance hidden skill about? Higher success chance in flirting interactions or something else?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 1:25 PM
cool beans.

†© Life of Bittersweet torment, why dost thou inflict me so? ©†
Forum Resident
#4 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 2:04 PM
nice mod!!!
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 2:24 PM
really nice mod, now i can do some test's i always wanted to do.

Everybody is equal. I'm just incredibly more equal than you.
Me discussing communism/
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 2:33 PM
very usefull! thank you very much !

FOR COOL
CARS
VISIT
SITE
Mad Poster
#7 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 3:43 PM
Really useful and easy ! thank you

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 4:56 PM
what are the uses of these hidden skills?
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 6:36 PM
thank you, where did you found this stuff?

Words of Wisdom:
Human stop think when he(she) stop read...
Old habits die hard...
The more you get, the more you want...
If you want a thingdone well, do it yourself...
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 6:43 PM
I've always wondered, unless you alter things in SimPE, so any sims actually have a natural preference for their own gender? I downloaded a hack that allows sims to ask other sims about their gender preference and I've yet to come across a homosexual sim in my game. :\
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 7:29 PM
Cool, but I just use the InSIMenator for that stuff.
Instructor
#12 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 8:44 PM
Awesome creation for those of us who are too chicken to download SimPE or don't have Insim.

Also, can we modify the hidden stats?
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 9:02 PM
Cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#14 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 9:47 PM
Is there a way to change the stats or have you not gotten that far? It would be great so you can really characterize the personalities and stuff!
Forum Resident
#15 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BrokenLit
I've always wondered, unless you alter things in SimPE, so any sims actually have a natural preference for their own gender? I downloaded a hack that allows sims to ask other sims about their gender preference and I've yet to come across a homosexual sim in my game. :\

I've used boolprop to show the gender preference and at least once has a sim of mine turned out to be homosexual and I used it BEFORE I let her cheack out or flirt.
Test Subject
#16 Old 6th Dec 2006 at 5:31 AM
i dont get what this whole download thing is about.. it doesnt explain in the explain part thingy. whats the deal with these 'hidden skills'? can i ask that?
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 6th Dec 2006 at 8:14 AM
This is going to make a whole lot of things much, much easier. Works with all EPs, yes? Hurrah for you
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th Dec 2006 at 9:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord_Morgan
Very cool. Always wondered, though, what's the romance hidden skill about? Higher success chance in flirting interactions or something else?

Sims feel more attracted to sims who have a high romance value. But what I learned from testing while writing that function is: the aspiration "Romance" still has a much higher priority.

Quote: Originally posted by bbeellllee
Is there a way to change the stats or have you not gotten that far? It would be great so you can really characterize the personalities and stuff!

Actually, you rise these hidden stuff when you practice them. "Romance" with any mirror, "Meditation" is available as soon as a sim has 3 points in the logic skill, "Dancing" by - um, dancing *g* and so on. See further below for gender preference.

Quote: Originally posted by BrokenLit

The gender preference is set to zero for both genders when you create a sim. But... Each and every romantic action, even "Flirt - Check out" moves the preference to the gender of the selected sim. And some of the Maxis' pre-fabricated sims already have a certain preference which will influence your game. So, if you play community lots very often, chances are high that your sims who are not actively selected at time of play, get moved into any direction, depending on the actions which are performed on them and which they perform themselves. This is a - IMHO - major problem since NightLife came out, since even happily married sims can be made homo just by receiving lots of flirt actions from a sim who is of their own gender. It doesn't even matter if the flirt is accepted or rejected; it moves into that direction anyway.

Quote: Originally posted by myfakereality
i dont get what this whole download thing is about.. it doesnt explain in the explain part thingy. whats the deal with these 'hidden skills'? can i ask that?

Sure These hidden stats are values you usually do not see but which influence the game in some ways. Kids and teens who did not learn how to do homework need ~2 hrs. to finish them, but when they learned how to do them, they need just ~1 hr. Dancing, on the other hand, will result in a scholarship for teens, if they have 8 or more points in it. The higher the Pool skill, the better are the chances to win a pool bet. And so on. Hope this helps.

Quote: Originally posted by povilas_god
thank you, where did you found this stuff?

By examining what happens if one selects "Practice Romance" or "Dance alone" or "Meditate" from the pie menus. Was a long way, though

@Swennel: German translation will follow today. / Deutsche Übersetzung kommt noch heute.

@windgirl: Should work with all / any EP, yes.

Let Teens Live Alone With TeenStar PC
Let Teens Adopt A Baby/Toddler/Child
>>> Check my profile page for further hacks <<<
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 6th Dec 2006 at 1:20 PM
awsome! great work thx !

Guilded by faith...probly....or was it...rly?
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 6th Dec 2006 at 8:15 PM
Great idea CtfG. Thank you for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 6:08 AM
ive tried on the mirror like a trillion times or more but still no rise in romance hidden skill; are you sure it is the mirror..if so is it the charisma skill or something else...great hack by the way!!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bethnrandy
ive tried on the mirror like a trillion times or more but still no rise in romance hidden skill; are you sure it is the mirror..if so is it the charisma skill or something else...great hack by the way!!!

You're right; it's impossible to raise the romance skill with mirrors. This is a Maxis' fault / bug / whatever. Please check here for a fix: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=208570

Test Subject
#23 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 6:35 PM
My sim keeps painting and painting, but his paingint is still 0, why is that?

Words of Wisdom:
Human stop think when he(she) stop read...
Old habits die hard...
The more you get, the more you want...
If you want a thingdone well, do it yourself...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by povilas_god
My sim keeps painting and painting, but his paingint is still 0, why is that?

Painting skill rises only when the sim has 10 skill points on painting. After that, every painting raises the skill by 5 points. To max the hidden skill, a sim thus needs 90 paintings plus 12 or 13 to get the visible skill maxed.

Happy painting! *g*

Field Researcher
#25 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 4:09 AM
Perfect!

Say, are there any hidden skills in later EPs? Would it be possible to add those?

I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults.
Page 1 of 4