Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Anti-Aging Potion

by Smonaff Posted 5th Dec 2006 at 2:27 PM - Updated 10th Dec 2006 at 1:43 AM by Smonaff : Update

15 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 2:41 PM
ty , you can also use: aging on/off 2 (de)activate getting older, but with this object no cheats needed

FOR COOL
CARS
VISIT
SITE
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 3:28 PM
Yes, and where aging on/off effects all sims, this only effects the sim that drinks it.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 4:22 PM
Great hack! Thank you.
Test Subject
#5 Old 6th Dec 2006 at 2:18 AM
This should be great! Your mods are the best. Thanks!
Test Subject
#6 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 2:48 PM
Thanks Smonaff for making in. But I have a problem some times (about 80%) that sims just cancel the interaction. It might because I have pets, so could you look in to it?
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 3:59 PM Last edited by Smonaff : 10th Dec 2006 at 1:49 AM.
Do you have the same problem with other potions, such as the love potion? The reason I ask is because this is cloned from the love potion and the 'drink potion interaction' is basically the same, so if your sims use the love potion without a problem then they should be able to use this without problems. You say they do drink it sometimes, if there was an incompatibility with Pets they would probably always fail to drink it.

Edit:
Ok, I found the problem and have uploaded an update to fix it. What was causing it was that I had the guardian BHAV set improperly in the TTAB. It didn't effect potions that were used from inventory.
Test Subject
#8 Old 20th Dec 2006 at 1:47 AM
Yep it works fine now! Thanks
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Dec 2006 at 7:17 AM
Ok, good.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 12:42 AM
Once my sim used it, the sims on the lot lost their free will. They have to be directed to use the bathroom, go to bed, etc. I checked the free will setting, and "free will" is selected, but the sims are like zombies now.
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 10:35 PM
sailorjune, are you certain that it is this hack that is causing the problem, because it works fine in my game and sims still have freewill after using it. I have seen the problem you are describing before, but it was caused by a social plugin that improperly handled autonomous sims. Think of any hacks that you may have that would add options to the pie menu that appears when clicking on a sim, in this case it would be a sim other than the active sim. Two examples of such hacks are the Period Hack and the Main Controller from the Gypsy Potions. It was actually the Period Hack where I first encountered this problem, but that was when I had first created it and the problem has long since been fixed. This is not to say that it isn't the Anti-Aging potion that is causing the problem, because what works fine in one person's game may not work right in someone else's even if they both have the same EPs. And speaking of EPs, In your profile you have it listed as only having "Original" and "University", which I assume you just forgot to update it when you got Nightlife, because without NL you shouldn't be able to use the potion.

Tired of getting ripped off by paysites?
http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Test Subject
#12 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 10:33 AM
What about dog? i am still look for it, i have life tree for sims stay age but dog went pass way oh dear i want dog stay life with me :-)
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 1:13 PM
I would love something opposite to this, a potion that makes the sim age 3 days in an instant. (Like the elixir of life sometimes does if they drink it below gold aspiration).

This to make age differences between the sims more realistic. It's not really realistic that 5 sims have a birthday at the same time just because they were created into the same family in CAS.

Hope someone feels like making this!

Sincerely,
<I>Mequila</I>
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 12:54 AM
Thank you soooo much, his is great
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 6:58 AM
wow is there a way to make it so you can toast
Test Subject
THANKS POST