Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

One Way Doors

by DocHolladay Posted 7th Dec 2006 at 5:58 AM - Updated 22nd Mar 2007 at 3:33 PM by DocHolladay : Testing finished

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 6:12 AM
Nice to see they're up and flying. Nice work, I shall test on my next bi-annual launch of the game! lol

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#3 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 9:30 AM
Default Sweetness
Finally a Door Fix for my sims. w00t!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 9:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jasmine Balor
Finally a Door Fix for my sims. w00t!!!

I hope you find them useful. Let me know what you think of them.

Doc
Instructor
#5 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 10:18 AM
Oh man these will help with some of the routing problems, especially the half-and-half doors. Excellent work!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 11:13 PM
What are they good for? =d
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 10:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cororon
What are they good for? =d

They will control which direction a sim enters or leaves a room. I got fed up with all the fuss when everyone wanted to use same doors all the time even when there were other doors available.

Primary reasoning was I have never been in any business where there was 2 or more doors, when all of them were setup the same. Most stores with 2 or more doors have at least 1 designated as the exit and at least 1 designated as the entrance. I wanted the same for my business's then decided what the heck might as well do all the doors.

Doc
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 7:29 AM
will these replace the origanal doors or are they separate.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 10:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Blacksmith2
will these replace the origanal doors or are they separate.

No these will not replace any of the originals, although I have been trying to link to all the original colors as well as any potential recolors, so far with no luck however.

Doc
Test Subject
#10 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 12:06 AM
i´ve downloaded the oneway door, but ingame they´re invisible. it looks like the textures are missing
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 8:54 AM
My appologies to everyone. My mother died a little over 2 weeks ago and since then my time has been totally tied up with the problems it created for my family. Also my computer has taken this time to die so I am using a friends computer to post this. Hopefully with in a few weeks I will be able to update the files and return to a more normal MTS2 activity. Until then please do not feel like I am ignoring you if I fail to post on a regular basis or respond to your messages.

Thank you Gefluegelwurst for your report. I will fix that as soon as possible, since it should be a simple fix. Please pardon the time delay however.

Doc
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#12 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 9:27 AM
Sorry to hear about your mother, especially at this time of the year

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 6:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Sorry to hear about your mother, especially at this time of the year

Thank you very much for the kind words Inge.

Now I hope to get back to work on these doors soon and fix the problems reported, although it might take me a few days as many things are still up in the air. Probate court and other related items seem to be cropping up all over the place.

Doc
Test Subject
#14 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 9:23 PM Last edited by sgtlion : 17th Mar 2007 at 9:25 PM. Reason: errr... i forgot something
wow
wow, I feel really sorry for you you're gonna make me cry now, seriously.

Well let's look at the bright side of life and sort those doors!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 7:25 AM Last edited by DocHolladay : 21st Mar 2007 at 1:15 AM. Reason: adding to message
Default Thanks
I have given up on reducing file sizes for now, but the current test batch should be ready for upload in a few days.

Thank you all for your understanding during the past 3-4 months, its been a major mixup around here.

Doc

Okay new set has been uploaded. But since I didn't do them in the same way this time the count has been reset.

Doors are setup as follows:
all the doors except the twoway and the bidirectional doors are OneWay only install using the installation arrow for movement indication.

The twoway and the Bidirectional doors are all double doors so each side (door) forces sims to move in one direction only. For example one door will act as entrance and the other door will act as the exit.

Doc
Forum Resident
#16 Old 1st Apr 2007 at 6:00 AM
very neat idea!

Subtle In Spades
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 11:26 PM
This is perfect for my asylum. Now patients cant get out! Thanks so very much!