Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TESTERS WANTED: Replacement Alien Face Defaults **UPDATED 02/01/2007 - Fixed!!**

by Darth Joules Posted 13th Dec 2006 at 11:16 PM - Updated 2nd Jan 2007 at 9:01 PM by Darth Joules

7 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 14th Dec 2006 at 5:07 AM
Thank you for this, Darth Joules. I like that the changes are subtle, yet they're a definite improvement. I'll let you know how it goes over at that other place.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 14th Dec 2006 at 6:48 AM
Does this work with Pets and all other EPs?
Test Subject
#4 Old 14th Dec 2006 at 10:52 PM
Darth Joules, you rock!

However, the replacement doesn't work in my game. I tried using it in a new neighborhood with all characters deleted, but the aliens still looked the same. I suspect it is because replacing the alien template is not enough. The game treats PT as an object; when creating alien babies, the game gets the facial data from the PT object rather than the hidden alien CAS template. Here is a tutorial for replacing the PT object:
http://forums.modthesims2.com/showp...55&postcount=80

I hope you are successful in fixing it (unless it turns out that my own game was just being belligerent) because it looks great. Problems aside, congrats on your first MTS2 upload!
Test Subject
#5 Old 15th Dec 2006 at 1:11 AM
Looks awesome! Would it be possible to make it a custom skin as well, for those who might not want to replace them entirely?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 9:06 PM
Apologies to anyone who had downloaded the originals and found that they didn't work. But as terrakosmos has pointed out alien genetics do not come from the CAS templates but a seperate object file. Which is why they didn't work.

I've now fixed the problem, please delete the old files and download the new ome.
Test Subject
#7 Old 3rd Jan 2007 at 11:46 PM
Thank you for fixing it! :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 5th Dec 2014 at 1:04 AM
Thanks. Looks good.