Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

SmartMilk Maker not on counters only

by Marhis Posted 17th Dec 2006 at 10:49 PM

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Scholar
#2 Old 17th Dec 2006 at 11:00 PM
Finally, thanks I hate having to put an ugly counter in a nursery too
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 17th Dec 2006 at 11:01 PM
Thanks. I really hated having to waste counter space like that.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 1:43 AM
Thanks for this! Another minor annoyance taken care of. :D

The universe lies before you on the floor, in the air, in the mysterious bodies of your dancers, in your mind. From this voyage no one returns poor or weary.

- Agnes De Mille
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 4:33 AM
Yaaay, now I can finally use my nursery tables.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 1:52 PM
Awesome! Yet another "what the heck was Maxis thinking" problem solved!!

I want to get a vending machine, with fun sized candy bars, and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.- Mitch Hedberg
Mad Poster
#7 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 3:01 PM
I have a question before I download. Do the animations still line up correctly? I mean when a sim pushes the buttons and takes a bottle out, do they still work right?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
I have a question before I download. Do the animations still line up correctly? I mean when a sim pushes the buttons and takes a bottle out, do they still work right?

Being tables only a bit shorter than counters, the animation dis-alignment is so small that is barely noticeable, almost according to my taste.
Is possible, indeed, with the same technique, to add a floor or coffetable placement, but I chose to not include them in this hack because the animations would look really weird, despite the fully functionability of the object itself.

Just to clarify, the hack is the init BHAV, with "table" and "endtable" flags addeed below "counter" one. Being it a init BHAV, it probably triggers when you buy the object, or take it from the inventory (you have to initialize it somehow, to make this BHAV run).

My english is not very good, I hope it is understandable enough, and my explainations were satisfying .
Mad Poster
#9 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 6:56 PM
Thank you very much. I now understand. I shall download it into my game.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Scholar
#10 Old 20th Dec 2006 at 3:51 PM
Thank you!
Any chance you'd do the same to the Espresso Machine? I like having a coffe maker in the living room and the study, but the counters always look out of place there; especially lone counters, and if you place several counters in the room sims come there to cook.

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Dec 2006 at 7:39 PM Last edited by Marhis : 24th Jan 2007 at 2:37 PM. Reason: update: link addeed
Quote: Originally posted by gwillewyn
Thank you!
Any chance you'd do the same to the Espresso Machine?

Yes I have .
I've not upped it yet only because it's a bit more complex, and it involves more than 1 BHAV, but thanks to Numenor I solved, and I'm testing it right now in my game.
So far seems to work: I think you will not have to wait too much for it .

EDITED TO ADD: Done! http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=217008
Field Researcher
#12 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 6:22 PM
This has been an annoyance of mine since day #1. I was thinking I should request this when I downloaded your espresso machine hack, never got around doing it, only to realize it's already been around for months!

Greatly appreciated, thanks!

My 100% free site Carnaby Sims
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 3:53 PM
Hurray, this is going to be so useful to me! I hate having to put counters in the nursery, or having to take up one of the kitchen counters. Thanks!

Maker of non-realistic eyes and lots of sims!

Working on: Making EEC#4 Defaults/Making new colors for EEC#4/Making new colors for EEC#2/Playing the game!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 19th May 2010 at 7:03 AM
Ahh, thank you so much!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#15 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 11:53 AM
FAR more sensible - I too found adding an extra counter just for that seemed daft. Thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 2:32 PM
I've just download this hack and I love it! there's just one small problem. It only works for Maxis table, not custom. The endtable are not working at all, custom or maxis!

does anyone else have this problem? I'm thinking that I may have a hack that conflict with this but the only thing i can think of is my darcy's slot hack. is there any other?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 15th Feb 2014 at 10:03 PM
SO useful! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 8:31 PM
Thank you !!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 19th Jan 2023 at 1:20 AM
brazilian thanks for the mod , it would be nice if there were