Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Don't wash dishes in my bathroom! [abandoned]

by Marhis Posted 17th Dec 2006 at 11:44 PM - Updated 16th Oct 2008 at 6:34 AM by Marhis : Updated to abandoned

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 17th Dec 2006 at 11:53 PM
Genius! Good job.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 17th Dec 2006 at 11:56 PM
Wow finally!! I was getting sick and tired of sims walking all the way upstairs taking the longest route to the furthest bathroom available when they could be doing other stuff instead. Real time saver. thanks!!

"Canada's military? What millitary?"
-Phillip Rieser
Forum Resident
#4 Old 17th Dec 2006 at 11:59 PM
Thank you!!

Quid agis, medice?

My nickname is Purple Ginger
My nickname's nickname is Ping
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 1:18 AM
Thanks for this, Marhis... been a while I've come across a new and 'useful' hack
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 2:39 AM
i . love . you . thankyou so much! this annoyed me since sims 1 and i'm glad someone finally did something about it! yay !!!
Test Subject
#7 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 4:24 AM
Thank you so much for this. I mean who washes their dishes in the bathroom sink anyway?! Again thank you.

Teenagers, they think they know everything. You give them an inch, they swim all over you.-The Little Mermaid

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your siggy.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 4:25 AM
Fantastic! I always add kitchen sinks, and hate it when a Sim decides that the bathroom sink would be a better idea!
Test Subject
#9 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 12:20 PM
Thaaaaaaank you !!! My sims never wash the dishes in the Kitchen (exept they own a dishes washer). I totally love this hack !
Greatest Dad Ever
#10 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 2:12 PM
This is a long time comming and very much appreciated !!! Great job !!!!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 4:37 PM
This is Great!!! :D
Theorist
#12 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 6:26 PM
I can't wait to give this a try! It's driven me nuts that ever since NL, the sink thing has been even worse because not only will they go find a bathroom sink if one isn't available in the kitchen, even if one is available in the kitchen, much closer to the table, they'll walk clear across the house to use the bathroom sink if their loved one is in the tub of shower!
Scholar
#13 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 12:06 AM
*Ahhh!*
Another REALLY stupid behavior erased! Thanks!

"What we say is good for nothing, if we say nothing for good.".
Test Subject
#14 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 10:17 PM
Ha Ha! Good idea. I'm going to download this. I hate it when the sims do that, gets on my nerves.
Oh by the way, you mentioned them going to the third floor Master Bathrooom, It's actually called the en-suite bathroom. Thought I'd point that out! Nothing major.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 2:09 AM
This is cool and all... but for some odd reason it disables the use ALL of my sinks, custom, base game, and EP added. I only downloaded the "nowashdishes-pedestalonly" version and made sure that it was the only one present. I hate it when there's something neat to add in my downloads and my game decides it has to "funkify" it...

And I ran the Sims 2 Hack Conflict Utility, but no errors showed up whatsoever. Is anyone else having this problem? I hate to have to be the one that bears bad news...

Contests? Challenge? Custom Content?
Find it all, and more, in the link below!
(~☼ Sim Oasis ☼~)
Test Subject
#16 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 8:29 AM
lol i hate it when they do that sometimes. Use the bathroom sink instead of the kitchen sink.. this is awesome
Instructor
#17 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 10:10 AM
This works like a charm in my game. It also works for restaurants: the stupid servers no longer trek across the entire lot to wash dishes in the bathroom, but now return to the kitchens.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 3rd Jan 2007 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TenshiiAkari12
This is cool and all... but for some odd reason it disables the use ALL of my sinks, custom, base game, and EP added. I only downloaded the "nowashdishes-pedestalonly" version and made sure that it was the only one present. I hate it when there's something neat to add in my downloads and my game decides it has to "funkify" it...

And I ran the Sims 2 Hack Conflict Utility, but no errors showed up whatsoever. Is anyone else having this problem? I hate to have to be the one that bears bad news...

You are right, it's really weird, especially the fact it disables custom ones.
To clarify how it works, essentially the hack modify OBJfs, and OBJfs are specifically linked to single objects, i.e. GUID. The mod is, basically, "wash dish" function and guardian function disabled for that particular GUID.
Somehow it may conflicts with other hacks involved in the use of sinks or dishwashers, even if they don't share the same resource (hence hack conflict utility don't recognize it as a conflict).

Try some of these:
- sell and rebuy a sink, and see if it works
- add a "z" at the beginning of hack file (e.g. marhis-nowashdishes-pedestalonly = zmarhis-nowashdishes-pedestalonly) - so it loads later
- load the game with this as the only hack (if it works, then there has to be some conflict to dig out)
- enter debug mode (boolprop testingcheatsenabled true) and force an error on a sink (shift-click on sink), and attach here the error log; maybe in this way the culprit is easier to recognize.

P.S. Thanks theresa, I've corrected
Test Subject
#19 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 10:02 PM
Pescado has an even better one - all sinks that are in the bathroom are off limits for doing dishes: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...39&topic=7852.0

Quote:
Dishes will not be washed in the bathroom. Affects all sinks by placement, not by type of sink. Truly, it is More Awesome Than You.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 12:58 AM
My Sims always went to the bathroom to wash the dishes, despite the fact that the kitchen was always closer. I love the hack, and I really appreciate all the time and effort you put into it.
Test Subject
#21 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 9:19 PM
THANK YOU. I was getting really tired of my sims going to the bathroom to wash their dishes =D
Test Subject
#22 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 3:57 PM
I really hate when simmies go to the bathroom to wash dishes instead of using something else in the kitchen. I was searching for such mod, really, I was dreamed about it, and now my dreams come true. Thank you a lot, it's a great!!!
Instructor
#23 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SantaFulmine
I really hate when simmies go to the bathroom to wash dishes instead of using something else in the kitchen. I was searching for such mod, really, I was dreamed about it, and now my dreams come true. Thank you a lot, it's a great!!!

i guess we have something in common because i hated it too when they wash the dishes in the bathroom
i'll download this one soon
Instructor
THANKS POST
#24 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 12:21 AM
i never got why the sims have to wash their dishes in the bathroom after using the plate!
i mean in real: you don't wash the dishes in the bathroom after using the plate right, so why on the sims? (and besides what if someone is using the toilet's, shower or the bath so yes that's why i'm saying that stuff )

so yes it's a life saver, i'll download it soon