Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Basic "Bottomful Floors" for Easy Popcorn Ceilings

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 21st Dec 2006 at 9:31 PM - Updated 4th May 2007 at 11:45 AM by HystericalParoxysm : Removing old TOU

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd Dec 2006 at 10:21 PM
Yay. Thank you. I agree, it is quite tedious when you want to take pictures to place the tiles one at a time. This should save loads of time.

He wasn't always an EVIL monkey.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 22nd Dec 2006 at 11:55 PM
Woot, thanks so much. I'm a happy camper now.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 12:19 AM
Gorgious....thank you...happy holidays.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 2:44 AM
Oh thank goodness! When I think of all the time I've spent placing those one at a time tiles - more often than not I end up just taking pictures of the sky instead of going to the trouble l... ... Wish I'd found this 45 minutes ago I would've used it in my latest lot upload pics

Subtle In Spades
Test Subject
#6 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 3:58 PM Last edited by ZephyrAsh : 2nd Jan 2007 at 1:33 PM.
I'm so glad to find these.Thanks so much.
*edit* I had to come back after using them and tell you what a good job you did making the whole ceiling thing a snap. Great!!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 11:12 AM
I
Love
These
Floor/Ceilings
Thank
You
Instructor
#8 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 1:34 AM
If I used CFE, and made the floor rise...would i be able to create a trey ceiling effect?
I did d/l them, but i was just wondering!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 1:06 PM
Not a clue poplers. I don't build much. Give it a try.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 8:03 AM
I'm glad you've found some uses for this method...

As for the properties of the OFB stage, This thread
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=208134 can provide more infos on them.

According to the problem you stated out, I guess you can try to build with the clever jgwhiteus' ceiling-light-based ceiling tiles first, then stage-deletion ["ctrl"-delete along with a left-mouse-click-drag at the region(s) you want the stage(s) to be on], and then have an extra "left-mouse-click" to undo the stage-deletion.

From the test shown in that thread, I assume the undo-deletion strategy for OFB stage may work in your case.
Yet, I'm unsure of the lighting issue.

Mm, I just see >1 way to try to deal with this issue.
Instructor
#11 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 2:09 AM
it works! Thanks even more for the floors! Ive always wanted a trey ceiling for my sims!
Instructions:
1.Place HP's floors
2.CFE false
3.use CFE to mold the floor into w/e trey ceiling you want, but do it inverted (go down w/the slope tool)
4.flatten HP's floors
5.flatten ground
Result:One creatively placed trey ceiling, all thanks to HP! Thanks again!
Forum Resident
#12 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 6:27 AM
I love love love these.... what are the chances of getting them in more colors? Is it easy to do that? I'm assuming it's not like with regular floors...Could I make them in more colors if you don't want to? - Just wonderin...

Subtle In Spades
Instructor
#13 Old 17th Apr 2007 at 12:04 PM
Thank you very much for this!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 4th May 2007 at 11:31 AM
Now...why didn't EA's designers think of this? (Rhetorical question!!) These floors are so handy for screenshots ~ thank you HP! And thank you to Niol for the original concept and for telling others how to make them, too, so I can grab them all up like the greedy download slut that I am. :P
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#15 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 9:22 AM
How on earth did I miss these? Its a good thing I have little *go back through the downloads session* every couple of months =) Thanks heaps!

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Field Researcher
#16 Old 3rd Oct 2007 at 12:25 AM
awsome stuff!!!

and easyer then the alternative...though it also rocks!

DOEreoh
Instructor
#17 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 11:43 AM
Thank you !

My DEVIANTART profile
Test Subject
#18 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 6:07 AM
IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THESE TILES FOREVER [well since i reformatted my pc ] VERY USEFUL! thank you!!! :D
Test Subject
#19 Old 6th Nov 2008 at 3:57 PM
Very well done, HP!! And i suppose these are a great step towards someone combining yours and jgwhiteus's ceiling tiles (in some complicated, time-consuming way i know very little about) to create perfect ceilings for our simmies :D
One thing did catch my eye me though - I consider myself more on the build and neighborhood side of sims rather than the playing, and I'm pretty prone to using stages in my sims houses - especially the bathrooms. Also, i run a little blog for my sister with sims pictures, so i use ceiling tiles in every house. I use "move_objects on" to place them (although, you tend to place about 3 on the one tile without noticing) and I have never noticed any problems with ceiling tiles and stages, but i always place the stage then the ceiling.
The only problem i have with jgwhiteus's ceiling tiles is that OMSP's make them raised, but even thats fixed by placing the tile first.
Have you tried using move_objects on?
(total simple question so sorry if i insult you, its just sometimes we overlook the little things :P)
Thanks for these!
xox
Test Subject
#20 Old 31st Dec 2008 at 9:15 AM
YOU--DESERVE--A--THANKS. this is WAY better than placing tiles one-by-one. thank you soo much. you deserve like 50,000,000 thanks for this.(i hope i wont need to download ceiling tiles for the sims 3) :D
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#21 Old 7th Mar 2009 at 4:20 AM
Thanks you! very useful! :0)