Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

British Architecture - brick window lintels

by Inge Jones Posted 22nd Dec 2006 at 10:34 PM - Updated 2nd Jan 2008 at 1:53 PM by Inge Jones

90 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 88 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
#2 Old 22nd Dec 2006 at 10:42 PM
They are wonderful Inge! I requested something similar a few months ago to finish a victorian themed neighbourhood and these fit perfectly! Thank you for sharing them
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Dec 2006 at 10:45 PM Last edited by Inge Jones : 24th Dec 2006 at 3:35 PM.
Recolouring resources:

Each zip contains images of layers and templates to help you recolour these objects.

Images with "shapinglayer" in the name consist of the highlights and shadows, which you can apply as a layer to your colour, cut out the blue bits (or specify blue as your transparency filter), and take down the opacity to about 20% or whatever suits you. It saves a lot of faffing about trying to preserve the shading!

The zip for the arch actually contains a Painshop Pro file with layers because that was the only way I could present the shaping layer as I had pre-softened it. There are also different templates for the different widths, because they are mapped slightly differently to keep the bricks in proportion and still share the same texture.

For doing the sides of the arch, simply get a wall texture out using homecrafter and import it to the arch sides recolour as it is. It should automatically be in exactly the right position to line up with your walls.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ijFaceSash_RecolTemplates.zip (7.3 KB, 52 downloads)
File Type: zip  ijFaceDoor4Panel_RecolTemplates.zip (37.4 KB, 59 downloads)
File Type: zip  ijFaceArch_RecolTemplates.zip (443.6 KB, 57 downloads)

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd Dec 2006 at 10:52 PM
Wonderful! What a great idea, Inge- I love these. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 22nd Dec 2006 at 11:05 PM
New build options are always welcomed by me especially if they are as well done as these. Thanks so much for these. They are just what I was looking for. =D

Herald Between Two Lands
Field Researcher
#6 Old 22nd Dec 2006 at 11:21 PM
Incredibly realistic - well done
Scholar
#7 Old 22nd Dec 2006 at 11:32 PM
Woot! Looks fantastic!! I have been waiting for these
Mad Poster
#8 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 12:06 AM
Great to see ya back, Inge! Thanks for sharing this, especially I am about to build small brick and stone English styled, townhomes.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#9 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 1:07 AM
I absolutely love this set (being from England myself!). However, I've found that when using the tall single window and the single counter window my game freezes and time will not pass. The double tall window and the door seem to work fine (haven't triede the privacy window). Hopefully you might be able to fix it because I would really love to use these windows! :-)
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 1:14 AM
You do have Pets, don't you? If so, please could you try each window on its own so you can pinpoint exactly which one is giving you the problem, rather than in pairs. Thanks.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#11 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 3:48 AM
fantastic windows thankyou

If You Want To See Any More Of My Downloads Visit My WebSite
demiseverlastingsims2.com
Mad Poster
#12 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 5:12 AM
Awesome job inge, nice stuff.
thank you

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 6:39 AM
This is a Fantastic addition to the build mode
Thanks so much for your time and generous talent, Inge Jones
Test Subject
#14 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 7:32 AM
Unbelievable!! You are my new best friend. I have been waiting for something like this, where the windows and doors were INSET to look more realistic, for SO LONG!

DANG I love you.

"Standing on head makes smile of frown, but rest of face also upside down."

"If at first you don't succeed, you are running about average."

"A rose of fabric is a beauty in vain. The true rose remembers the dirt from whence it came."
Stupid people are stupid
#15 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 9:43 AM
Inge, you are GREAT! I've been wanting stuff like this for ages. It's not only british, but dutch as well! Thanks for making my houses look even more realistic!
Test Subject
#16 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 9:51 AM
Thank you so much; this made my day! Finally I can add more realism to my neighbourhood.
Original Poster
#17 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 9:53 AM
If anyone else experiences a problem, such as Skyebluepink reports, please let me know, because it's easier to fix bugs when more than one person experiences and reports them.

Test Subject
#18 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 11:47 AM
Splendid stuff Old Chap! I'll be downloading as soon as I get Pets! Its always jolly marvelous to have more British things for the Sims 2, so I can carry on Britainizing my Sims! Thanks again, I'll download it soon! Keep up the good British Work!
Original Poster
#19 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 11:54 AM
Imperial, this might very well work without Pets, it's just I haven't tested it. If you feel like testing and letting me know, I can reflag it.

Original Poster
#20 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 12:02 PM
I have amended the first post to say that this set *could* work with any game apart from pure base game (due to a BHAV format), and therefore if anyone without pets is willing to test each of the objects in the set, I could change the compatibility flags for this download.

Test Subject
#21 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 1:10 PM
good job inge! this will go good with my apartments and townhomes
Inventor
#22 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 1:46 PM
Yay! We have doors and windows like this in the States too!

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Test Subject
#23 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 1:53 PM Last edited by Skyebluepink : 23rd Dec 2006 at 2:19 PM.
Have done some more testing with one of my existing families. I tested each item individually and have found that both the door and the double sash window work fine, but the single long sash window, the counter height window and the privacy window freeze my game - time does not move and neither do my sims, though the stereo still plays and flies buzz around the food.

The double arch window sash shows up in my downloads folder, though not in my game. The privacy window sash has not shown up in my downloads folder. None of the arches show up in decorative/miscellaneous, though I can find them in the collections folder.

Have also just noticed that the doorknob, letter box etc are silver before I place the door, but then turn blue once it has been placed.

I have pets and all of the other expansion/stuff packs. I do have a lot of custom content though have never had any problems like this before. I still love the set though!
Scholar
#24 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 1:55 PM
Oh wow, I LOVE them!! That white door is MY front door...and that street pic of the terraced houses looks just like my nans street...fabulous set!! Love it...

Can we use these in uploaded lots with credit of course?
Original Poster
#25 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 1:56 PM
Of course you can use them - any way you want to. I would be very flattered to see them and/or any recolours included in lots.

Page 1 of 4