Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No "Crib Death" By Pets

by syberspunk Posted 23rd Dec 2006 at 6:18 AM - Updated 23rd Dec 2006 at 6:19 AM by syberspunk : fixed typo

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Scholar
#2 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 1:43 PM
More safety for the young ones. Thanks Syber !
Forum Resident
#3 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 6:11 PM
Oh my ! I didn't know this bug existed! Thanks for making a fix for this, I would hate to have the children go missing.

Visit my web site:Fanciful Sims
Royal Kingdom Challenge:
http://tinyurl.com/b4ajz
Live your medieval dream
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 7:32 PM
Thank you for making this. I wasn't aware of it either, so I am so glad to have this fix!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 8:13 PM
So that's where my baby Reno went...silly little redhead; I thought he crawled away and fell into a hole dug by the dog and landed himself somewhere on the other side of the Sims world lol.

This mod ought to come in handy now. Guess I'll go search for Reno now before baby Rude and the other baby Turks start looking for him lol!!! :p
Test Subject
#6 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 7:15 PM
This seems like something Maxis really should have caught. Think they'll patch it?

Vid the Kid
a.k.a. Bír'd'in
a.k.a. David "Smith"
My Sims 2 Page

Does this font make me look fat?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 3:45 AM
I didn't know this could happen!!!!!!!!!

ELIZAAAMOLLYYYYY.
When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 8:21 PM
kinda implies the dog ate the baby!! EEKKKKKKKKKK

Didn't know this could happen either, I will be using this
Test Subject
#9 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 7:03 AM
Weird, what kind of hack are you using to the control the dog because i didn't think you could let them choose things? :D
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 7:37 PM
I didnt know this bug existed untill i viewed this page! THANKS SOO MUCH FOR FIXING THIS. I didnt know you could tell them what to do? Is it a hack and, if it is can you tell us what one?? Much appreciated.
Cheers, Tiff

P.s Does anybody know the answer to this: My sim put her baby toddler, Julie, in her crib. Julie started crying, but my mother sim was outside somewhere, I moved the camera away from the toddler to look for her mom. Then when i went back to the toddler she was on the floor?!
Can someone plz tell me why?
Test Subject
#11 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TiffanielovestheSims
I didnt know this bug existed untill i viewed this page! THANKS SOO MUCH FOR FIXING THIS. I didnt know you could tell them what to do? Is it a hack and, if it is can you tell us what one?? Much appreciated.
Cheers, Tiff

P.s Does anybody know the answer to this: My sim put her baby toddler, Julie, in her crib. Julie started crying, but my mother sim was outside somewhere, I moved the camera away from the toddler to look for her mom. Then when i went back to the toddler she was on the floor?!

For your first question (and the question of someone else above) you can control dogs and cats with a cheat code that EA included in the game. In the cheat bar you enter: boolprop ControlPets on. To stop controlling pets you type in: boolprop ControlPets off.

As for the second question, the toddler probably climbed out of the crib herself. They can do that though it doesn't happen that frequently in the game by itself (I have a hack that makes it happen all the time... saves the parent a trip to go get them out). They shake the bars so hard they finally slide down and then the toddler peaks over to see if anyone's watching and climbs out. It's an absolutely adorable animation.

Thank you syberspunk, this is a worthwhile hack. Though I don't really need it since I just lock all my nursery doors so pets aren't allowed in. But I suppose if I have a family sometime that can only afford to stuff the crib in the corner of the living room or whatever, it could still be helpful.
Test Subject
#12 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kimmyfrmtx

I thought it would be more like it mauled the baby to death then buried the remains.... O.O thats sick!
Test Subject
#13 Old 15th Mar 2007 at 7:35 PM
thank you thank you.... its sad when that happens to your babies i know because that happened to Sesshomaru's daughter.
Test Subject
#14 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 10:47 PM
OMG! I'm glad I found this before I found it in my game. I have scolded pets for chewing on the crib before just didn't know they could actually destroy it with the baby inside! *downloading fix*
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th May 2007 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grindline33
For your first question (and the question of someone else above) you can control dogs and cats with a cheat code that EA included in the game. In the cheat bar you enter: boolprop ControlPets on. To stop controlling pets you type in: boolprop ControlPets off.

As for the second question, the toddler probably climbed out of the crib herself. They can do that though it doesn't happen that frequently in the game by itself (I have a hack that makes it happen all the time... saves the parent a trip to go get them out). They shake the bars so hard they finally slide down and then the toddler peaks over to see if anyone's watching and climbs out. It's an absolutely adorable animation.

Thank you syberspunk, this is a worthwhile hack. Though I don't really need it since I just lock all my nursery doors so pets aren't allowed in. But I suppose if I have a family sometime that can only afford to stuff the crib in the corner of the living room or whatever, it could still be helpful.

Wow! Never knew toddlers could do that! I'm going to see that!

Wow... I Never Knew It Was This Easy! :)
Test Subject
#16 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 9:49 PM
thanks for this - and if you want to be able to cancel your pet's actions, type
boolprop petActionCancel true
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 12:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kimmyfrmtx

i know thats just discusting though
Test Subject
#18 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 2:31 PM
Cheers, Tiff

http://www.modthesims.info

When I first got the sims I put my baby in her crib then I did something that i can't remember and then I couldn't find the mum then the social worker took my baby. Shortly after I found my lady In the garage working on the car that I did not buy, I then grabbed the social worker and put her in a room without a door and she just went straight through the wall! http://www.modthesims.info/newreply...eply&p=1563008#

-:¦:-•:*imissfruity1013*:•-:¦:-
º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º
Test Subject
#19 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 2:33 PM
Cheers, Tiff

http://www.modthesims.info

When I first got the sims I put my baby in her crib then I did something that i can't remember and then I couldn't find the mum then the social worker took my baby. Shortly after I found my lady In the garage working on the car that I did not buy, I then grabbed the social worker and put her in a room without a door and she just went straight through the wall! http://www.modthesims.info/newreply...eply&p=1563008#
The answer to your uestion is that if toodlers aren't tired they will climb out of their cribs and fall on the floor.

-:¦:-•:*imissfruity1013*:•-:¦:-
º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º
Test Subject
#20 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 3:57 AM
woah thats so scary EEK! thnx!
Banned
THANKS POST
#21 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 4:44 PM
Hmm... didn't know that can happen. I gotta try it >:-)
Test Subject
#22 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 10:54 PM
How can you get to choose a pets option????? Cool creation
Test Subject
#23 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 4:54 AM
I saw this on my legacy family so i had to restart gen 2 THATS WHEN I DELETED PETS.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 6th Mar 2016 at 8:20 AM
Thanks You
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 3:04 AM
I guess I'll get this in case I ever have cribs and pets on the same lot xDD