Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Phone Manipulator

by Smonaff Posted 23rd Dec 2006 at 7:36 PM - Updated 21st Feb 2007 at 10:32 AM by Smonaff : Update

45 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 41 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 8:35 PM
wow! so cool! lol and it looks like those books with those numbers in... (is it a phone book what i'm talking about??)

Life is like toast! Sometimes its golden and sometimes its burnt. Now go make me some toast- thats an order.
Whilst you was distracted by toast, I took over the world. Yes now you must make me some toast because I'm the queen.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 8:50 PM
When they answer the phone is there actually someone on other end?

Anything not made by Nintendo is Inferior!
Visit my site , www.-lil-cherri-berri-.piczo.com
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 8:51 PM
Lol, lonely sims might like this option. Do the sims get to chat with someone or is it just the ringing and nothing else?
Forum Resident
#5 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 8:51 PM
cool, i needed this works double as nice decor!

Life is random - expect the unexpected!
Sims 3 Creations
Scholar
#6 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 8:59 PM
i dont get what it dose. is it making somone call oyu? or just for pics and movies?
Test Subject
#7 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 9:17 PM
Somebody should make an actual phonebook so sims can call anybody!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 11:25 PM
i think it quite nice, basic but nice
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 11:29 PM Last edited by Smonaff : 23rd Dec 2006 at 11:49 PM.
Yes, when it rings there will be someone on the other end just like when it rings normally. It works by telling the phoneline controller that it's time to generate a call from a randomly selected sim, where otherwise the phone line controller would wait until a randomly determined amount of time has passed before generating the call.

*~*~Unforgiven~*~* :
I cloned it from the stack of phone books that kids use to sit on when playing chess.

sim~obsessor:
While the person who requested it wanted it for making movies, it can be useful for having someone call you or to just stop the phone from ringing which also might be useful for moviemaking because if a sim is about to answer the phone and you stop it from ringing when they pick it up there's no one on the other end and they just hang it back up.

seldomburn:
That's a good idea since that's what a phone book is for anyway, and that way you could call sims you don't know. I'll see about adding it as an option.
Scholar
#10 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 2:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Smonaff
just stop the phone from ringing .

YAY! i so want it now! *downloads*
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 4:58 AM
Oh my god! You are sooo great! Thank you!!
Field Researcher
#12 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 7:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Smonaff
. . . I cloned it from the stack of phone books that kids use to sit on when playing chess.

Anyone else ever wonder why sims have so many spare phone books in the first palce. lol Anyway, I love this,thanks.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 12:57 PM
this looks great! thank you!
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#14 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 4:32 PM
It just activates those debug menus of the phone, is not it?

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 5:09 PM
No, it uses uses a different method, what it does is notifies the phone line controller out of idle causing it to generate an incoming call. And the stop ringing option checks to see if there's an incoming call and removes it if found.
Test Subject
#16 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 9:43 PM
Thank you so much! Occasionally, my phone rings edlessly ( in Sims2, of course ) and, before, the only way to end it was to move the Sims to another house. This is going to help so much!
Instructor
#17 Old 25th Dec 2006 at 4:41 AM
Wow, what a clever idea. I'm bookmarking this for future reference.
Test Subject
#18 Old 25th Dec 2006 at 6:33 PM
Love it and Ive tested it all and it works in all EP's

ColemanSystems Expansion Package coming soon!
(ETA 14th November 2007)
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 5:42 PM
Interesting, however the I think it's likely that phones will get borked (again) when Seasons is installed and that phone related mods will (once again) get borked as a result.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 6:47 PM
Oh what a cleaver idea!! Thanks this shall come in handy for a sim I have who never gets any phone calls. Great mod.
Test Subject
#21 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 1:11 AM
I down loaded this and it didn't work for me. I have all of the extensions and the holiday and glamour stuff too. I wanted it to make the phone stop ringing as the phone never seems to stop ringing and after a while I started to stop putting phones in and had just one member with a cell phone but her cell phone also rings all the time.

I wonder if we could have a mod where if we had a certain phone it could have an "off button" or something. I know when in real life I am busy, I can put my ringer on mute and not be disturbed. That would be great for the sims as long as if I was playing another house and wanted to call someone it would also work that I could call them.
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 1:27 AM
The Phone Hack at MATY includes an option to turn the ringer off.

Tired of getting ripped off by paysites?
http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Test Subject
#23 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 6:42 PM
I can't seem to get this to work in my game. I have all of the extensions. I put it on an end table as shown above near the phone. Then I click and it offers the two options listed above but when I click the one to stop the phone from ringing the phone still rings. It rings all the time (just like before). I have to not have a phone in the SIMS home due to the constant phone ringing.

I clicked on the link to Maty's mod and it goes to a site that apparently cost nearly forty dollars a month to belong to.
Instructor
Original Poster
#24 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 9:44 PM
It won't stop new calls from occuring, it just silences the phone if it is currently ringing.
Try this link for MATY.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php#4
Search in the Firing Range forum.

Tired of getting ripped off by paysites?
http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 1:19 AM
Thank you; I'm tired of people calling all day and not being able to call someone else because it keeps ringing!
Page 1 of 2