Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Marching Band Uniform!

by penguiny7 Posted 26th Dec 2006 at 9:47 PM

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 5:05 AM
Well... I don't go to the same university as you do, but this brings back memories of my old corp-style marching years in high school. If anything, the next EP after Seasons should have something related to adding more instruments to the game IMO. Thanks for sharing, and I do hope you have great luck in making a female version of this!

Contests? Challenge? Custom Content?
Find it all, and more, in the link below!
(~☼ Sim Oasis ☼~)
Test Subject
#3 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 5:25 AM
I follow the MAC still.... a buddy of mine ended up at Toledo on a full ride for football.... so yea, I've heard a bit of WMU. I even got to see the band a few years ago (before you were a part of it).... and I'll say that.. they definitely didn't suck. I'm a little partial and loyal to TBDBITL... but that's just me.

excellent design on the outfit... a bit of recolor work.. and it could work for almost any military corp band.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 5:30 AM
Great job on the outfit!

ps - Where did you get all of the instruments in your pics?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 7:15 AM Last edited by Luminance : 27th Dec 2006 at 7:16 AM. Reason: HTML AGH
My college has no marching band. I used to do it in high school, though, and this looks a LOT like our uniforms did. Also, CLARINET. I am still waiting for playable wind instruments. :p

Great work! :D
Test Subject
#6 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 8:07 AM
This is cool. I'm in the marching knights, our uniforms are black with a A on the left. a stands for auburn H.S
Instructor
#7 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 10:43 AM
Very cool and unique idea!

Cogito ergo nupta non sum.
Test Subject
#8 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 1:38 PM
oh gosh.....that takes me back to my high school/college band days.....good times...good times.....i think this is awesome ....keep up the cool work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bailelizabeth
Great job on the outfit!

ps - Where did you get all of the instruments in your pics?

Everything is photoshopped. Am I really that good at it...? Yeah, they definitley need wind instruments in the sims though.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 4:36 PM
I hope this starts a trend. I'd like to see some MB uniforms of some bigger name schools (ie, The Best Damn Band In The Land [Ohio State], The Pride of the Southland Marching Band [Tennessee] and the Band of the Hour [U. of Miami])

... and yes, Sims need instruments.
Instructor
#11 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 4:56 PM
Holy freaking hell, this is hilarious.

He looks exactly like this guy in my brother's yearbook.

(You have excellent photoshopping techniques, by the way.)
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 5:33 PM
I think it's just grand!

Thanks.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Test Subject
#13 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 7:54 PM
Firstly, this is really cool. I'd been looking for something like this for a particular neighborhood of mine. Secondly, I've seen you guys perform before! I've got a lot of friends at your school, and one was in BMB before he transferred to CMU last year.

Will you guys be performing at the bowl game in Toronto?
Test Subject
#14 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 8:45 PM
I LOVE YOU band is life. if its at all possible can you recolor to make my band's uniform?
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 10:54 PM
im not in a marching band but i want to be...Band Geeks RULE!!
This is really cool nice job
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 10:57 PM
"Everything is there and highly detailed: there are seams on the gloves and seams on the pants (because he of course folds his pants properly and hangs them up after every game). I'm sure he's wearing black socks too, even though you cannot see them."

*cracks up, totally getting it*

Thanks for the awesomeness. :D

*marks time and steps off, marching away briskly*
Test Subject
#17 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 1:36 AM
I love you on so many levels it's sick.

I've asked for this a long time ago and had given up. I was hoping for one that matched the llama cheerleader uniform from university.
Test Subject
#18 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 1:46 AM
I was going to ask where you got that mellophone, but I see you already answered! I played mellophone one year at BGSU and in high school. As opera_ghost said though, I am also "partial and loyal to TBDBITL... " so it's not just you! I would love to see a female uniform and instruments as well, but for now thanks for this!!

P.S. They should have included marching band in Universtiy .. oh well!
Test Subject
#19 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 3:48 AM
Yay! I am so in love with this, being in band myself. It is fabulous and looks even better in game. It makes me happy. The only thing I'm bummed about is the now-lack of any guard uniforms. I'm in my school's colorguard so I always thought that would be pretty sweet. Looks like I'm on a quest again! Great job!

Yay Cavvies!
Respect the drum corps sweetness
Forum Resident
#20 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 8:12 AM
Thanks for such a detailled and nice uniform! You did a great job on it!
hexameter
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 12:58 PM
Oh, wow. You did a fantastic job with the one! I've never been in a marching band, but this is definitely going into my game. Thank you~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sadisticpyro
He looks exactly like this guy in my brother's yearbook.

He also looks like my husband because that's who it is.

Lasserine: Yes, of course we are going to Toronto, and we're going to kill Cincinnati MWAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

And thank you to everyone who apparently loves me. I won't recolour it though because it took so much work (a lot of it was hand painted and such and it took a long time).
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 5:47 AM
I'm in marching band and this is awesome, thank you.
And thank God for the seams on the pants. When I finally learned how to properly fold and hang my uniform, I ended up basically doing the same for everyone else.
Test Subject
#24 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 1:55 AM
arg~! I am an uber band freak and have tried my own hand at making marching band uniforms. I gave up after I couldn't find anything to make a hat off of. erg...well, kudos to you.
If you get bored, take a look at my nerdery, you make my band geek heart happy: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ff/c8bc7648.jpg

This is purgatory we're in, you and I, be glad it isn't actually hell.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 8:53 PM
I LOVE THIS OUTFIT! I am currently in an awesome band. We won 2nd place in the USSBA All States this year with a 97.375! Anyway, i love this uniform. I think i'll u[load my marching band career! Thank you!

Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, it is measured by the moments that take our breath away.
Page 1 of 2