Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 5:26 AM
Default Collection Files?
Sorry, I am not sure where to put this thread. Like, what category its supposed to be in. If a moderator moves it, please notify me.

I would like to know how you make collection files? Like, if you make a set and then make a collection file where all objects are in one folder with a little custom icon. Im a newbie at that sort of thing but think that if I learn to do it, it will make my life (and the life of others) much easier!

Thanks in advance for any responses,

-ptp

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

I'm currently taking requests until August 12th.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 12:38 PM
I'm guessing here, so I might be wrong but: There's an option to create new collections n the game, and that would probably spawn a file in your collections folder. (under my documents) I think if people put that file into their collection folders, then your collection will appear. I have no clue about icons though.
Scholar
#3 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 2:22 PM
To make an icon, just make any picture with the size of 28(width) and 22(height). Save that as a .png file in My Documents/ EA Games/The Sims 2/Collections/icons. Then go in the game and go to collections. Like metioned before, click on the button where you add a collection. Once you click on that it will allow you to Name the Collection and choose the icon, you can choose the one you just made for it. Then, in buy mode or where ever your items are, find each one and when you click on them there should be an "add to collection" button to the right of the description. Click on that then choose your collection. Keep on doing that for all the things of your collection you want. Then when your done, you can quit the game and then go back to My Documents/Ea Games/The Sims 2/Collections . Then right click on an empty space and choose arrange by... then modified. Yours should be the last one and to make sure just look at the date it was created or open it up in SimPE and see if it has your custom icon in the "jpg/tga/png Image(IMG)" section. And thats it. From the looks of it you can most likely save it as a jpg or tga also. Hope I helped! :D
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 4:45 PM
Thanks Eggs and FP! Thanks a lot! :D

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

I'm currently taking requests until August 12th.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 7:01 PM
jfade made a program that works outside the game and allows you to add a whole folder at a time to a collection. And icons are included or add your own. Find it here
Mad Poster
#6 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 4:26 AM Last edited by niol : 26th Jul 2007 at 4:33 AM.