Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#651 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 9:25 PM
Default Hi & thanks
Which would you rather support?

First of all excuse my english!!
I'm new into that game and I like it much, I gott really impress off the work you and your team and all the other have done. I was trying to support your page, but Paypals doesn't take my card. I almost live all the time in Spain, but I am an norwegian citizen... I am trying to find out more of this, if it's because I use a norwegian creditcard in Spain or something... you'll hear soon from me again...
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#652 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 9:28 PM
Wow... What a speech! :clap: I totally agree with you on the pay sites subject. They simply arent worth it, I once payed at Simchic, which has amazingly beautiful clothes, but if we can get stuff just as good or better here, theres no point Again, beautiful speech!
Let MTS2 always b free!!

Dont look down on someone unless you're helping them up-Me
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#653 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 9:30 PM
I think I should update my first post....

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Field Researcher
#654 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lethe_s
You know, all this good feelings all round and community spirit is great. It really is.
But I wonder how *real* it all is.
There's a big difference between saying it and doing it.
How many of the people in this thread will go 'hooray' for free sites, then turn around and pay for a bad hair mesh?

I must, at this moment, agree with what Numenor said a while back.
It's disgusting to see someone start out, help them on their way, make them big, only to see them turn round, grab the money and run.

Community spirit rocks, but apparently hard cash is better.

That's just how the world is, no matter how cynical that sounds. I mean let's face it, there will always be people like that, there always are, in all professions and parts of life. What we can do, and I still stand by that, is to make people realize what they are doing when they pay for items, and thus make their income go away. It's the only realistic way out IMO.

Touch my mind
Test Subject
#655 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 9:35 PM
Hi i love all the sites who make great tutorials etcetera applause for it i love to donate but i shame never do it because we can not pay by phone or something only pay pal and that is why i never support any free site. i never pay thrue paypal sorry :-(
when i can make other way a donation without banking oke i will every month
it is impossible for me to do it with paypal sorry.
I hope you find another way that make it possible to donate
with many thx for all the fantastic stuff at all sites who cares for it and do it for free
grtz mamaloes
Field Researcher
#656 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 9:38 PM
lovely speech Delphy...
without this community, I would have abandoned the game out of boredom ages ago
but thanx to everyone here, I am where I am today (in terms of creating stuff)
thanx bunches to everyone here
Test Subject
#657 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 9:40 PM
Well said!!!!
Test Subject
#658 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 9:43 PM
Which is the first site you log on to daily? MTS2! Always! This is all so true! I agree in every aspect! Yay MTS2!
Test Subject
#659 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 9:52 PM
Sounds great!!! MTS2 is the best Sims2 site out there!!! x
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#660 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 9:54 PM
To those of you who haven't read this thread through and just replied, you may have missed some other posts... I've updated the first post and the wiki with an addendum that you should read up on.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#661 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 9:59 PM
I love free sites. They always feel like a community, while paysites... not so much. They always make me feel like an outsider because I cannot pay for their items, and stick to their free areas.

What makes me boil, though, is when I find the most gorgeous hair, go to download it, and find out the mesh is pay only.

I love how everybody is willing to help each other on every free site I have been on. If you have questions, they are answered asap. Can't find something? Somebody is always willing to jump up and make it.

It's awesome.
Fluffy
retired moderator
#662 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ashen
That's just how the world is, no matter how cynical that sounds. I mean let's face it, there will always be people like that, there always are, in all professions and parts of life. What we can do, and I still stand by that, is to make people realize what they are doing when they pay for items, and thus make their income go away. It's the only realistic way out IMO.

Ashen,
I realize that, and I hope it works.
I just feel that we should have done this sooner.
Most other communities have never allowed pay content, and would laugh in the face of any creator that tries to peddle his wares.
We, apparently, don't. A lot of simmers are willing to fork over money, and too many creators are willing to ask for it.

Take, for instance, again, TSR.
A lot of people upload to it to get free subscriptions.
They *work*, hand over their creations, to get dowloads of others who, probably, also worked and handed over their creations for downloading the first person's work.
It's a vicious circle. And it's mind boggling that it's worked for so long.
If either of them had thought for half a second, had they talked and just shared the stuff, none of them would be working for TSR.
Test Subject
#663 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 10:01 PM
I appreciate this site being free and all that it has to offer.Sharing rocks@Just wish i had half the talent as the creators of the stuff on the site. Thanks to all the hardwork of everyone here on the site that makes it what it is..
Lab Assistant
#664 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 10:03 PM
Great...speech....Here's to 2007!!

(()) www.sim2central.moonfruit.com
//\\ Where Sims Are Sims!!
Test Subject
#665 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 10:05 PM
Mod the Sims 2 is always the No.1 Sims site in my heart!!!
I really love all the creations and discussions going on in this site.
It's contributing and inspiring.

N'way, Happy New Year to all members..

"An eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind."
Mahatma Gandhi
Test Subject
#666 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 10:12 PM
Thank you to everybody that makes this site possible. It is the greatest site!
Test Subject
#667 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 10:21 PM
...I'm breathless. This has encouraged me to donate. Expect a donation within weeks. I want to get some extra cash for larger donation then what I can afford at this moment. Thank you, Delphy.
Forum Resident
#668 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 10:27 PM Last edited by DocFX : 9th Jan 2007 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Chuffing dyslexia...
...We're truly on a mission!.
In case no-one else has - then let me 'Second' what you've said!...

I tend to avoid 'Pay Sites' like the plague anyway, and as to 'MTS-2' you're in my top '3' that I visit on a regular basis - so a very *BIG* thank you, to you and to all the creators / staff at 'MTS-2' for all your efforts and hard work. Best wishes & have a great 2007! - sincere regards... DocFX :D

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
Lab Assistant
#669 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 10:38 PM
i have never donated to a pay site. cos the files are not done for sharing;they are done to make money. that is why i support mds. i love uploading my works here; reading nice comments make my day. community spirit is the best. i am with you MDS. Thankies for everyone at that site and Deply; you rock!

this world is a cruel place, and we're only to lose
before live tears us apart, let death bless me with you

...this live ain't worth living

Let's RPG!!! SimUtopia!!!
Test Subject
#670 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 10:41 PM
Thank you for this site and all that you do. Thanks also to the creators who submit. Quaxi, I love you!! My sims bring me sooo much enjoyment only because of all of you!

I think it is important to realize that most paysites are dependent on free materials to begin with. Who doesn't use the tutorials and SimPe?? Who doesn't use the CEP? Our appreciation should go first and foremost to those who devote so much time and energy and then willingly share with others. This site holds it all together. All of my quality, most prized downloads come from here. I love you guys!!
Field Researcher
#671 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lethe_s
Ashen,
I realize that, and I hope it works.
I just feel that we should have done this sooner.
Most other communities have never allowed pay content, and would laugh in the face of any creator that tries to peddle his wares.
We, apparently, don't. A lot of simmers are willing to fork over money, and too many creators are willing to ask for it.

Take, for instance, again, TSR.
A lot of people upload to it to get free subscriptions.
They *work*, hand over their creations, to get dowloads of others who, probably, also worked and handed over their creations for downloading the first person's work.
It's a vicious circle. And it's mind boggling that it's worked for so long.
If either of them had thought for half a second, had they talked and just shared the stuff, none of them would be working for TSR.

Oh yes, I agree Lethe. I said before, I’ve been a part of different modding comms before, for a very long time now and indeed none of us would ever dream of paying for something – we even go so far that people have actually decided to not pay for Bethesda’s mod packs, even though they are official releases because of the same issue, so that is even a step up in a way but on the other hand the RPG comms had a bit of luck I think. When they showed up it was a start in custom content in all areas, so paying for it wasn’t much of an issue, and in time people in general accepted this as the right way to go.

I agree about TSR, it is a cycle and it is difficult to break. We can talk about possible ways to break it but it will be very hard, and something we would have to stick to which again is an issue (I agree with you on your previous post that people say one thing, do another ie pay for things after all). Good old propaganda could be used, on all free sites together, as a way of mobilizing (? Sorry but English is not my native language) people to not do it, especially younger ones but again it would have to be a full out ‘assault’ so to say. It is very difficult. I will go back to being my cynical self and say that most of the time people do not think indeed but perhaps, some heavy ‘advertizing’ about free content, alluding to other communities, etc, could bring in some, they bring in some … and we have a cycle.

And yes, I do agree this should have been done right away, or at least sooner.

Touch my mind
Top Secret Researcher
#672 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 10:53 PM
Thank You
What a beautiful speech which reminds us not to give into paysite who use your free programs to make their content in the first place.
I love this site and even if its slow for my old dial up waiting for the pages to change is all worth it. I donate when I can and shall keep doing it.
Thanks for your encouragement and reminder who we owe our debts to the Sims Community!!
Thanks
Test Subject
#673 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 10:57 PM
Mts2 Forever!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#674 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 11:07 PM
Well said!!
Lab Assistant
#675 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 11:17 PM
Here here! Well said Delphy! *Skitters off to upload all her houses!*

Diamond

Diamond Sims
**Will take Re-color request - All my Custom Content may be used in uploaded lots to MTS2 and TSR ONLY!**
~*~
Diamond
Page 27 of 47