Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 1:19 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets
Default Please ensure The Sims 2 Pets disc is in the drive, select OK and restart the application {Please Help}
I have a problem..
Alright, well. I had just recently played The Sims 2 Pets last night, or, this morning, rather. And it played fine. Now it is giving me the error "Please ensure The Sims 2 Pets disc is in the drive, select OK and restart the application" but the disc IS in the drive, I ran disc clean up, I blew into the motherboard, I cleaned the disc, I restarted several times and I made sure it was the right disc - Nothing helped..I know it is not the driver itself as I just put in a brand new audio CD and it played just fine...... Can someone please help me out?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 2:22 PM
As far as I know this only happens if your CD is damaged or if your using an illegal copy.
Test Subject
#3 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 3:09 PM
I have also played my game just fine and it started doing the exact same thing 2 days ago! I can't get into it at all. It is not illegal or damaged. Please help!
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 3:40 PM
Did either of you recently install any disk imaging software such as Nero,Daemon,Sonic etc. ? It could be safedisk protection related.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=212400

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
#5 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 3:51 PM Last edited by LUCKY777 : 10th Jan 2007 at 3:57 PM.
Thanks for trying but I have done nothing at all new to my computer.......every other PC game I have works fine.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 6:54 PM
Lucky, could you perhaps post a screenshot of your add/ remove programs list in Control Panel? It is likely that a different program is conflicting, as Canoodle said.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 11:20 PM
I've had this problem too, and I think I might be able to help. If you've re-inserted the disc & you're still having problems, try restarting the computer. That usually works for me. Hope this helps!