Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Throw Party menu fix for UK English players

by jordi Posted 10th Jan 2007 at 6:40 PM - Updated 10th Aug 2007 at 1:28 PM by jordi : Seasons info

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 8:50 PM
This applies to me Thanks for this, I always wondered why there was two.

Garden of Shadows; for your goth side.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 9:20 PM
Thanks! The double menu was really beginning to get to me.

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 11:45 PM
Could there be a similar cause for why the option to phone a taxi appears twice on a house phone? I think this happened when Nightlife came out. There is the "Call Taxi" option and then "Call Taxi" again inside the "Call Transportation" option.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 8:15 AM
No, that is by design (since OFB I think). I'm still trying to get rid of that.
Supposedly there is some code difference between the two--I think "call taxi" just calls a cab for the current Sim, while "call transportation" allows for multiple Sims (and Pets) to go somewhere. Unless of course you use Pescado's phonemod, in which case both do the same.
Test Subject
#6 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 6:26 PM
Thank you so much!
Forum Resident
#7 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 2:49 AM
Your mod doesn't work. In my game, it still has 2 Throw Party menu. My game version is English UK (with 24-hour clock system). I also have all expansion and stuff packs including Happy Holiday Stuff. Oh , I also installed Pets latest patch.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 7:05 AM
anak_ponti: you must have some other game combination. It works for me and others.
Do you have custom content enabled?
Forum Resident
#9 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 1:58 AM
Yeah, I have custom content enabled. But I noticed that when I installed Pets latest patch, the HPP override package is changed (the date is different than the original). Maybe this is the cause. Alright, I will try play the game without custom content enabled to see if it's work.
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 2:31 PM
It almost certainly won't work with CC disabled. I'll check if maybe EAMaxis fixed it themselves with the patch...
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 8:29 PM Last edited by jordi : 27th Feb 2007 at 10:56 AM.
Okay I got the patch. EAMaxis did not fix the error, so the fix is still needed.

If it does not work for you — you can try fixing the error in Pets\TSData\Res\Overrides\HolidayNewYearsPartyPhoneCall_Override.package directly.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 2:08 AM Last edited by anak_ponti : 11th Feb 2007 at 2:22 AM.
I have move the content of download folder out, the only remain are your UKEnglish Mod, PetsHPPMenuFix Mod, and CEP; it still have two Throw Party menu in the game.

Okay, thanks jordi. I will try changing override package myself or just ignore it.
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 8:23 PM
I uploaded the prepatched overrides file as an alternate, just in case the fix doesn't work for others.
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 6:08 PM
The bug is still present in Seasons. Shame on EAMaxis!
Test Subject
#15 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 7:02 PM
This bug is fixed for Seasons when switching to a 12 hour clock A.M./P.M. But thanks though.
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 10:06 PM
Of course it is. The bug is in the EN_UK locale, which is English with a 24 hour clock. Obviously if you do not use that locale, you don't run into the bug.

Did you read the post?
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 8:12 AM
this hack has been broken cos of freetime yet again i have double party menus - if there any way someone can update this mod?

----------------------------------------------
We are all part of the tapesty of life. Weave your threads with the colours of peace, love and compassion my friends.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 9:11 PM Last edited by Lord Darcy : 13th Oct 2008 at 3:37 AM.
This fix is now part of my Stuff Pack Objects Fix Collection for Apartment Life mod. If you have AL, you can get my fix and remove this fix.
Thanks to jordi for his original fix.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix